Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It hasn't been too noticeable because the Williams has been muck but Bottas has been keeping himself out of trouble much better than one would expect for a guy in his first season.

I personally think Bottas is the next in the line of great Finnish drivers. Outqualified Maldonado 5:2 so far this season and we all know Maldonado can be quick. Bottas has also finished all 6 gp compared to Maldonado's 3/6 so he seemingly doesn't have Maldonado's ability to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It was only a joke, I'm aware that Bottas has drove quite well this season. The evening's race however is a different kettle of fish. True colours could be shown. A man sitting in third sandwiched between some of the best racers in the world. Will he keep his nerve? I certainly hope he will.

The weather today will be entirely different to quali though so I think there will be a lot of chopping and changing throughout the race. Bottas will be lucky to get a top 10 imo unless some elements go in his favour (safety car, pit stop strategy, rain shower etc). Alonso will probably grab a podium if he stays out of trouble. The Force India's will definitely be worth looking at too.

Anyone catch Ross Brawn's phone number?

Can't make it out in Standard Definition anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It was only a joke, I'm aware that Bottas has drove quite well this season. The evening's race however is a different kettle of fish. True colours could be shown. A man sitting in third sandwiched between some of the best racers in the world. Will he keep his nerve? I certainly hope he will.

The weather today will be entirely different to quali though so I think there will be a lot of chopping and changing throughout the race. Bottas will be lucky to get a top 10 imo unless some elements go in his favour (safety car, pit stop strategy, rain shower etc). Alonso will probably grab a podium if he stays out of trouble. The Force India's will definitely be worth looking at too.

I think Bottas won't get cause any problems. He wouldn't do anything anything risky. He has a chance that he will come away with points today and perhaps they might be the only points he might score this year as the Williams is a dog of a car.

And on another note: weather for Montreal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anyone catch Ross Brawn's phone number? During the segment on the Sky broadcast when Brundle was driving Hamilton in, Hamilton's phone rings and it cuts to a close up of the phone - with "Ross Brawn" and his phone number clear for all to see. Wonder will he get any prank calls as a result? :-)

That has to be a piss take im thinking. Ive got the number clear as can be.
    No way they would have left that there in a heavily edited piece. Also after watching it again, the way the close up of the phone is taken doesnt make alot if sense. The camera shot is there square on to the phone close up before the phone screen actually changes to show the incoming call. Looks like a little bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The Hulk has been bumped to 9th on the grid, expecting him to score some points today. Bottas does seem to be a mature racer for a 23 year old. Be nice to see him get a decent result for his hard work yesterday (and today of course, all things going well).

So here's hoping for a safety car to ruin Vettel's advantage at some stage in the race. Any sign of rain today?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

The Force India's will definitely be worth looking at too.
    Well - one of them anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Top Dog wrote: »
    Well - one of them anyway :pac:

Well Di Resta started 17th in Monaco and finished 9th there so he could come away with something today.

It will be interesting to see if Perez ruffles any feathers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

DRS is always strong here too, if the car is there he could get well into the points.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Well Di Resta started 17th in Monaco and finished 9th there so he could come away with something today.
    True enough. I guess I just don't rate him that highly. He seems a nice enough bloke in interviews, but he's just not that great on track (in my own opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

True enough. I guess I just don't rate him that highly. He seems a nice enough bloke in interviews, but he's just not that great on track (in my own opinion).

He has to be the most boring man in f1. I cannot listen to his interviews

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bunch of showers about 50 miles north of Montreal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Accuweather's forecast predicts only a 7% chance of rain, after the race start at 2PM local time.

I'm making a point of watching this race every year - it's been among the most exciting races in past years. Bottas, the newbie, could be a bit of a wild card at the first few corners ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Anyone else notice Eddie just completely blanked Chris Horner on the grid walk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Love the grid walk, good to know Michael Fassbender is a fan of F1 :)

Bring on the race, one of my favourites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Eddie Jordan's grid walks are a lot better than Brundle's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

LOL :D

Too slow Eddie :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Eddie is brilliant on the pit walks. He acts such a bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Too slow Eddie :D

So was Tania from Sky. Boy she did not look happy.

Much prefer Brundles grid walks than Eddies, love Eddies shirts though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I nearly pi$$ed my pants with the low flying jets.I can only imagine being there.:D

Odd to start on super-softs? Surely with the green track and full fuel they'll burn out instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

First time watching a race with English commentating this season! Super first lap from Vettel already opening a big gap

What a start! Alonso had a nice overtake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Mercs will bunch everyone up and now let Vettel run away.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Vettel 3 second lead already, race over :(

Please tell me this isn't going to be yet another cruise to the chequered flag for Vettel :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

frostie500 wrote: »
    First time watching a race with English commentating this season! Super first lap from Vettel already opening a big gap
    +1

It is like Vettle is in a different race already.

MClaren are going fairly bad, wonder will Perez have an altercation with Kimi :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Great dodging of Sutil there.

Advertisement