Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Gonna be an interesting 2 mins when it starts again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I was going to say earlier that Massa has been driving on the limit to borderline reckless all weekend. 2 mins of madness coming up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Gonna be an interesting 2 mins when it starts again :D

Those in the top ten might want a slow outlap to stop others getting better time in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

astrofluff wrote: »
    Did a quick search for news over the last week - the only thing I found was that he was being told to leave his dog at home. That's a bit harsh to refer to...:pac:

Any motorsport events ive been too clearly state on ticket that no animals are allow within the facility. I dont see why hamilton should be treated any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

let the carnage commence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

This will not end well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

So who's going to hit the wall? My money's on Crashtor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Bottas and Toro Rosso in first ever Q3.

Bottas looks quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ExcitedGorilla

Bottas??? DAFUQ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Brilliant for Bottas, hopefully he will begin to fulfil his hype from before he got the drive with Williams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ExcitedGorilla

Hope to see some of the red bulls, mercedes and mclarens skid off the track at the first corner so that bottas can get a good mile ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Bottas and Toro Rosso in first ever Q3.

Bottas looks quick!

:confused:

Toro Rosso have been in Q3 plenty of times. First time ever in Canada maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

aaronh007 wrote: »
    :confused:

Toro Rosso have been in Q3 plenty of times. First time ever in Canada maybe.

Did Vettel not get a pole or P2 for STR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Did Vettel not get a pole or P2 for STR?

pole at monza 2008 and the race win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well done to Bottas. He did a super job today.

As for Lewis, it will be his fourth time starting from the front row this season. If he finishes in the top three tomorrow I will be very happy.

As for Romain, he'll have to start in 29th ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Well done to Bottas. He did a super job today.

As for Lewis, it will be his fourth time starting from the front row this season. If he finishes in the top three tomorrow I will be very happy.

As for Romain, he'll have to start in 29th ;)

His manager is also the team principal Eric Boullier.

Maybe that explains why he hasnt been given the boot yet.:pac:

Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo have both been given 2 place grid-penalties for queueing in the wrong place at the end of the pitlane at the restart of Q2 after Massa's crash. They didn't line up in order of who got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

20 entries with one disqualification for posting 8 mins into Q1!

Boardsies 1st 2nd 3rd
    recyclebin Kimi Alonso Vettel
    astrofluff Alonso Kimi Vettel
    potholes84 Kimi Alonso Massa
    Gintonious Alonso Massa Kimi
    vectra Alonso Kimi Massa
    restingpilgrim Kimi Vettle Di Resta
    lolie Alonso Kimi Perez
    wextext Alonso Vettel Kimi
    edgy Kimi Vettel Hamilton
    antodeco Vettel Kimi Hamilton
    tunguska Alonso Kimi Vettel
    gerbear1 Vettel Kimi Massa
    T-Maxx Vettel Alonso Massa
    colm911 Rosberg Vettel Alonso
    EnterNow Alonso Rosberg Massa
    Kxii Alonso Rosberg Kimi
    _rebelkid Hamilton Alonso Vettel
    bigboy Kimi Hamilton Alonso
    BFassassin Alonso Kimi Massa
    decisions Alonso* Kimi* Rosberg*

* disqualified for late entry - rules is rules, no exceptions. :P

Please check your order of drivers or if I've left you out (it's well past beer-o-clock) ;)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

paddy147 wrote: »
    His manager is also the team principal Eric Boullier.

Maybe that explains why he hasnt been given the boot yet.:pac:

I wasn't aware of that until I heard it on the BBC.
    Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo have both been given 2 place grid-penalties for queueing in the wrong place at the end of the pitlane at the restart of Q2 after Massa's crash. They didn't line up in order of who got there first.

Kimi to start 11th and Ricciardo 12th. Hulkenberg and Perez to benefit by moving two places forward to 9th and 10th respectively.

Damn, too late to win the pics. I'm still gonna go ahead and say Kimi, Vettel, Alonso.

As far as Brawn etc. goes, once Mercedes bought the team out it was only a matter of time before he was shoved out, pretty damn classless of them if this is how they're doing it though. If he's not out this time they'll always have it over him as well, "We stuck by him through the tyre thing... blah blah blah."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Anyone catch Ross Brawn's phone number? During the segment on the Sky broadcast when Brundle was driving Hamilton in, Hamilton's phone rings and it cuts to a close up of the phone - with "Ross Brawn" and his phone number clear for all to see. Wonder will he get any prank calls as a result? :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Race will be very interesting. Coming into the weekend it looked like a dry race. Yesterday showers were at 20-30% for the race, it's now hovering at a 50% chance. Rain looking increasingly likely at some point over the race. Canada always throws surprises!

I thought the interview with Robert Kubica was good.

He was very humble and very honest with the BBC too.

Would be great to see him back in F1 at some stage in the future.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone afraid Bottas might do a Grosjean? :P

Just incase anyone forgot...Kubica had a massive crash in Montreal back in 2007.

He was lucky to survive that one.:eek:

he might even stall it???:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

He's free to slam into Vettel all he wants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Forecast: 23C mainly warm and sunny. Some spotty rain and maybe the odd shower passing over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

It hasn't been too noticeable because the Williams has been muck but Bottas has been keeping himself out of trouble much better than one would expect for a guy in his first season.

I personally think Bottas is the next in the line of great Finnish drivers. Outqualified Maldonado 5:2 so far this season and we all know Maldonado can be quick. Bottas has also finished all 6 gp compared to Maldonado's 3/6 so he seemingly doesn't have Maldonado's ability to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

It hasn't been too noticeable because the Williams has been muck but Bottas has been keeping himself out of trouble much better than one would expect for a guy in his first season.

I personally think Bottas is the next in the line of great Finnish drivers. Outqualified Maldonado 5:2 so far this season and we all know Maldonado can be quick. Bottas has also finished all 6 gp compared to Maldonado's 3/6 so he seemingly doesn't have Maldonado's ability to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree, from what I've seen so far he seems very mature and quite a smart driver.. I think he'd be happy in this race with 3rd/4th/5th rather than doing a Grosjean and going for the win on the first lap.

Advertisement