Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert. Corrections

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Very descriptive! :) Some things don't make sense like "I was woking late the day I got kidnapped". Overall, sounds very interesing! Maybe look up new words and replace the simple words so you won't be repeating the same word over and word, it shows the examiner you know your verbs etc which will give marks! :)

14/20 .. that's a B, which is good!

okay can you give me an example of where i made those mistakes? and how does i was working late the day i got kidnapped doesn't make sense? I need to understand why its wrong so i can fix it :) thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

okay can you give me an example of where i made those mistakes? and how does i was working late the day i got kidnapped doesn't make sense? I need to understand why its wrong so i can fix it :) thanks for help
    It makes sense but i think the problem is Arnie. Anyway I think it's pretty good the only problem was that I didn't read the full essay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

It makes sense but i think the problem is Arnie. Anyway I think it's pretty good the only problem was that I didn't read the full essay ;)
    My teacher trained us to be stricter than the actual examiners .. so don't blame me if you didn't get an A! ;):D The essay is good standard, so don't worry.

i would have typed it all up its just i need to make up an ending :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

i would have typed it all up its just i need to make up an ending :P

When making endings, never go with the unrealistic "happily ever after". The examiners aren't kids anymore :p so make your ending interesting and unique. I bet most girls will have a happy ending in their essays and boys will have a tragic death as their ending.

• Advertisement

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    When making endings, never go with the unrealistic "happily ever after". The examiners aren't kids anymore :p so make your ending interesting and unique. I bet most girls will have a happy ending in their essays and boys will have a tragic death as their ending.

lol i know my ending i just didnt put in the descriptive ending bit on it like developed it. i cud tell u what happens in a line :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

lol i know my ending i just didnt put in the descriptive ending bit on it like developed it. i cud tell u what happens in a line :P

If it's scary, no :( otherwise yes ok :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you left it at 'I was working late that day' then it would have much more suspense as the reader needs to read on to find out what happened you.
    The little bit you wrote, I enjoyed.

...and then I woke up and it was all a dream. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cathal2013

The new dan brown book, Inferno is really good if you liked the da Vinci code...

Advertisement