Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The calibur of people we have in the University system

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

The scumbags should be up in court facing a possible prison sentence. Crimes like this should be treated as seriously as crimes against humans.
    No. Animals like dogs are not comparable to humans at all

Also, why are people calling for these people to be publicly shamed? This should be kept a private matter, considering the possibility of vigilante violence. I've seen too many "these people are psychopaths and don't deserve to live" and "I would beat those boys so bad because I'm a hard man" posts. They committed a crime yes, but no one can sit here and decide anothers fate like that.

This whole thread is an emotionally charged circlejerk, besides one or two level headed posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Seeing as how we are lamenting the decreasing quality of person that becomes a student, and are pining for the days when students were above acts like this, it is appropriate to talk about the ex-calibur of students.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

What are the toilets like in UL ?

I've seen some universities and in some areas the toilets look like they've been used by those who haven't been toilet trained yet :mad:

From personal exp avoid toilets in the SU, broken lock and more.
    The main buliding have good toilets, the best are ones near the lectures offices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Nothing to do with them being students just utter scumbags as a ul student i must say i hope that the absolute scum who did this horrible crime are found out thrown out of ul and sent to prision what a horrible thing to do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s-dSL_g_SOw/UVSxn6ujgCI/AAAAAAAACpI/WXysfU5PekU/s1600/KeyboardWarriors_875361.jpg

It's my first time to call someone a keyboard warrior on boards! Now I'm goin outside to kick the p1ss out of everyone on the planet..

A keyboard warrior I may be, but I have no problem giving anyone a clip across the ear for mistreatment of anyone, even animals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There's an English establishment that has a campus with a fair bit of wildlife. Someone killed and ripped up a Rabbit and strung it up on a tree along with a note. I'm told it's not the first time. Put that many teenagers in an enclosed space free from their parents and responsibility and some of the more dangerous types 'come out of their shell'. At least that's how it seemed to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ILikeFriday

As many have said before, this has nothing to do with them being students. To try and relate it to that is very unfair to the university and the other students. It's not like UL are giving lectures on cruel puppy-killing. If they were butchers/bakers/candlestick makers we wouldn't have an article on their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

As many have said before, this has nothing to do with them being students. To try and relate it to that is very unfair to the university and the other students. It's not like UL are giving lectures on cruel puppy-killing. If they were butchers/bakers/candlestick makers we wouldn't have an article on their jobs.

Thats what you think ;)

First rule of puppy killing club.. You dont talk about puppy killing club

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

kowloon wrote: »
    There's an English establishment that has a campus with a fair bit of wildlife. Someone killed and ripped up a Rabbit and strung it up on a tree along with a note. I'm told it's not the first time. Put that many teenagers in an enclosed space free from their parents and responsibility and some of the more dangerous types 'come out of their shell'. At least that's how it seemed to me.

I'm not a supporter of this sort of behaviour in any sense but I do wonder; why is the above considered so much worse than hunting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm not a supporter of this sort of behaviour in any sense but I do wonder; why is the above considered so much worse than hunting?

Not a humane kill, they didn't eat it. It was about making an animal suffer and making a display of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    You can get kicked out of UL for such scumbaggery. A couple of students destroyed a house they were renting with hurleys and the landlord got the expelled pretty sharpish

I am horrified by this dog incident and also what is said on this post here. Obviously no one is super responsible adults when they get to college but I would have thought there would be some cop on at least with college students.
    Where I live, when the college had Rag Week there was broken bottles, underwear, random pieces of clothes, and used condoms everywhere, and normal residents have to live in the same estate as the college students so when the went out to clean up the student's mess, apparently the students were laughing at them from the windows, and shouting abuse at them.
    I mean this is behavior you would expect from scummy immature teenagers, not college students who will probably someday in the future put up with this type of carry-on from college students too.

Advertisement