Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The calibur of people we have in the University system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

If I was witness to that,I most definitely would take my tyre iron to the ring leaders balls.
    Scumbags who no doubt are on some sort of public grant to pamper them through college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    Scumbags who no doubt are on some sort of public grant to pamper them through college.

"Why, these people did something horrendous! They must be poor!".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If I was witness to that,I most definitely would take my tyre iron to the ring leaders balls.

I doubt you would tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

No, no you wouldn't..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s-dSL_g_SOw/UVSxn6ujgCI/AAAAAAAACpI/WXysfU5PekU/s1600/KeyboardWarriors_875361.jpg

and you obviously never went to university or mammy and daddy paid your way if you think you can pamper yourself through college on a grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

You can get kicked out of UL for such scumbaggery. A couple of students destroyed a house they were renting with hurleys and the landlord got the expelled pretty sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Kicked out, they should be charged and expelled, and publicly named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Of course the last government brought in 'regeneration', so I would say it may not be students at all. The FG/LAb are speeding it up.

Ir government is giving these 'hard up' people more than the folks who go out to work and then come home to find their new 'neighbours' have visited them.

What a country we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Seachmall wrote: »
    "Why, these people did something horrendous! They must be poor!".

TBF UL student, on average, come from a much poorer background then other University.
    However money doesn't affect the level of scum in a person

Jester252 wrote: »
    TBF UL student, on average, come from a much poorer background then other University.
    I was not aware of that, I met scumbags from all walks of life during my time there.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »

That statement is as useful as 1 of the new extremely light tesco bags with holes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rightwing wrote: »
    Of course the last government brought in 'regeneration', so I would say it may not be students at all. The FG/LAb are speeding it up.

Ir government is giving these 'hard up' people more than the folks who go out to work and then come home to find their new 'neighbours' have visited them.

What a country we live in.

They were students alright, it's all over facebook and other ****e like that. Something about a dog that gets to me, I mean them ads about the kids in africa do nothing to me but if i see an ad for a homeless dog in the rain i'd be ringing them telling them to take all my money.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They were students alright, it's all over facebook and other ****e like that. Something about a dog that gets to me, I mean them ads about the kids in africa do nothing to me but if i see an ad for a homeless dog in the rain i'd be ringing them telling them to take all my money.

I agree with you, but the I do have sympathy for the children in africa & elsewhere too.

Ok so it it was on facebook it must be 100% true..

All those times i never shared them links to save starving children thinking it was lies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

garv123 wrote: »

All those times i never shared them links to save starving children thinking it was lies :(

Listen i know facebook is a load of bollox but its very easy to name a shame someone very quickly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Most student houses in and around UL are rented out for the summer as soon as the students are gone so i wouldn't go blaming the students right away because they'll rent them out to anybody in the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone who hurts a defenseless child or animal is a psychopath and should be removed from society

How could you that child was one like away from getting food.

at least no do-gooder from the RSA was blaming the van driver

Listen i know facebook is a load of bollox but its very easy to name a shame someone very quickly on it.

Well no one else was able to do it so far so if they're boasting about it on facebook go and report it so something can be done about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

and you obviously never went to university or mammy and daddy paid your way if you think you can pamper yourself through college on a grant.

Actually I did go;twice and held fown a part time job all through my 4yrs plus post grad.
    Worked every summer in Ireland and saved the majority of it for the year ahead.
    And yes I woukd take a tyre iron to these scumbags as I have never and would never stsnd idol to such sick behaviour towards defenceless animals.
    Thats the problem too many times people turn a blind eye to it all.

Actually I did go;twice and held fown a part time job all through my 4yrs plus post grad.
    And yes I woukd take a tyre iron to these scumbags as I have never and would never stsnd idol to such sick behaviour towards defenceless animals.

"Be warned dear internet for I truly am a fierce adversary! My unstoppable tire-iron bringing justice is how I imagined it, so that is how it would've been!"

I would also attack them too brother but I would have to hulk up before I give them the running leg drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone who hurts a defenseless child or animal is a psychopath and should be removed from society

Yeah was just going to say this kind of behavior is pure psychopath is its strict definition. Willfully hurting a living thing and getting amusement from it. Its worrying how much of this shít is going on nowadays. If this is the class of person that is bred from an always on, easily accessible gore and violence Internet age, then we are in for a scary future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Lads, this 'story' is unsubstantiated and may well be completely false.

The other media have not mentioned it, and the local Gardai have no record of any complaint being made in relation to it.

There is no proof of any kind linking the alleged incident to students, other than the assumptions of the lady who allegedly contacted the Limerick Leader and who is named in the article.

Limerick Animal Welfare's response to this has been to remind people of the help and support given to their activities by students attending UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Agricola wrote: »
    . If this is the class of person that is bred from an always on, easily accessible gore and violence Internet age, then we are in for a scary future.

Are you suggesting the internet breeds psychopaths? Because that's pretty nutty

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the internet breeds psychopaths? Because that's pretty nutty

Going by the crap they're posting on the UL SU page on facebook it must :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Going by the crap they're posting on the UL SU page on facebook it must :D

That's one of the most pointless things they can do - what the hell do they expect the SU to do about it?

It's a matter for the Gardai, first and foremost, assuming it happened.
    Of course the letter writer seemingly didn't call the Gardai at the time so I dunno how they expect to ID the culprits as if they are UL students, they're most likely gone home at this stage.
    The van driver didn't call the Gardai either, or there's certainly no mention of it at any rate.

Cossax wrote: »
    That's one of the most pointless things they can do - what the hell do they expect the SU to do about it?

It's a matter for the Gardai, first and foremost, assuming it happened.
    Of course the letter writer seemingly didn't call the Gardai at the time so I dunno how they expect to ID the culprits as if they are UL students, they're most likely gone home at this stage.
    The van driver didn't call the Gardai either, or there's certainly no mention of it at any rate.

Shur do you not know the SU know who did it and are hiding them away from the public in the building?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah was just going to say this kind of behavior is pure psychopath is its strict definition. Willfully hurting a living thing and getting amusement from it. Its worrying how much of this shít is going on nowadays.
    Killing a thing for giggles is nothing new. In fact, if you wear a tweed coat and own your own buck teeth, it can be considered a status symbol.

Advertisement