Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ v France series thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

The way the Lions are playing at the moment, it's a shame it's not a series v NZ. What a cracker that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Rightwing wrote: »
    The way the Lions are playing at the moment, it's a shame it's not a series v NZ. What a cracker that would be.

Lions would lose, and pretty convincingly too, especially with Galtand at the helm. Kiwis would eat up that attacking play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great result , a well deserved win and France were lucky not to lose by more. I just checked on Wiki and what the commentators were discussing is true - it was the first time that France have failed to register any points against the All Blacks in a game. I wonder what the response will be next weekend now that there's only pride to play for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Michalak is out of the third test because of a shoulder injury, could be 6-8 weeks apparently. So either Tales or Lopez will start at 10 in the third test, with Doussain coming onto the bench to cover both 9 and 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

That last try was one of the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Where was Beauden Barrett playing when he came on ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,266 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Where was Beauden Barrett playing when he came on ?

He came on at 15 if I recall right.

His try was one of the best I've seen a long time....simply sublime by the team

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

sydthebeat wrote: »
    He came on at 15 if I recall right.

His try was one of the best I've seen a long time....simply sublime by the team

Raging i slept in ! I like Barrett, good super rugby player. How did Ranger do when he came on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Ranger was good and it's a shame that he may be lost to the All Blacks if he can't get out of his contract with Montpelier.

• Advertisement

He's not getting out of his contract in Montpellier, he is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

82kD1d2.gif

Game 3 could see us breach 50

France simply aren't up to these tests, only a mug would back them.

On the otherhand, well done NZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Klunk_NZ wrote: »
    Game 3 could see us breach 50
    Could very easily have done that today too. few missed opportunities.

Anyway...

ihZJvJB7yIEOQ.gif

Ranger needs to be dropped. Signing a 3 year deal.... He would have been perfect for the 13 jersey when Conrad Smith begins to dip in form with age.

Ranger needs to be dropped. Signing a 3 year deal.... He would have been perfect for the 13 jersey when Conrad Smith begins to dip in form with age.

France simply aren't up to it, surprised to see a few mugs backing them.
    Lions v AB's - what you reckon ?

I can't see Gatland leading any team to beat NZ.

I can't see Gatland leading any team to beat NZ.

Well I'm a huge admirer of both Gatland & NZ rugby.

If any Lions team were primed to take NZ this is it. McGeehan was found wanting badly imo v a inferior BOKS. in 09. I think the Aussies will be all too easy.

Whenever I write off the Aussies they surprise. Like when they 3-0d Wales or when they drew with the AB's. I've learned to never write them off.

• Advertisement

Whenever I write off the Aussies they surprise. Like when they 3-0d Wales or when they drew with the AB's. I've learned to never write them off.

Absolutely... although I'd argue the 3-0 v Wales wasn't a major surprise.
    They've a canny knack of punching above their weight (esp v NZ), but I do think they are well inferior to the Lions. Gatland may not be popular here, but the chap is a top, top class operator. 3-0 Lions and easy at that imo.

Well I'm a huge admirer of both Gatland & NZ rugby.

If any Lions team were primed to take NZ this is it. McGeehan was found wanting badly imo v a inferior BOKS. in 09. I think the Aussies will be all too easy.

Why do you think the Lions are so well primed to take the best side in the world? Can I get an actual rugby based reason now rather than the usual cliche ridden nonsense

You obviously didn't watch the first test.

You obviously didn't watch the first test.

France were 8/1 for that test too, immense value for a team that is capable of beating anyone, including the AB's

I think the Aussies will be all too easy.

Again, I'd ask you to try and back this up? I think the Lions will have an advantage in the front five but that's it. I don't know why you're making statements like this and not bothering to back them up with anything rugby related

Carter is back for the third test, while Picamoles is out along with poor ol' Michalak. Third test will be a very tough prospect for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Carter is back for the third test, while Picamoles is out along with poor ol' Michalak. Third test will be a very tough prospect for France.

So both teams will have a better fly half next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Really not liking the AIG on the front of the jerseys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Here is the French team for test 3. PSA has made 8 changes.

Starting team: Dulin ; Huget, Fofana, Fritz, Andreu ; (o) Talès, (m) Doussain ; Chouly, Claassen, Dusautoir (cap.) ; Maestri, Flanquart ; Mas, Kayser, Domingo.

Bench: Szarzewski, Ben Arous, Ducalcon, Vahaamahina, Le Roux, Machenaud, Lopez, Bastareaud.

I am happy Szarzewski has been demoted. His play was merde last week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Michalak out of the 23. Not before time.

Advertisement