Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ v France series thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

BoarHunter wrote: »
    Don't think the win is the ultimate goal there but it's essential to build momentum

Well your 2nd XV comfortably disposed of the Blues. Felicitations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Swiwi wrote: »
    Well your 2nd XV comfortably disposed of the Blues. Felicitations!

In fairness it was also a second string Blues side missing the likes of Mealamu, Ranger and Weepu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Didn't see the match but read that it was pleasant to watch. The blues scored 2 tries right when a full french bench went on the pitch.

From what I heard : Good : Leroux, Doussain, Medard, Nakaitaci
    Down : Michalak, Mermoz

Didn't see the match but read that it was pleasant to watch. The blues scored 2 tries right when a full french bench went on the pitch.

From what I heard : Good : Leroux, Doussain, Medard, Nakaitaci
    Down : Michalak, Mermoz

Here are some highlights

http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-All-tries-38-15-France-overpower-Blues-at-North-Harbour-Stadium/tabid/317/articleID/301107/Default.aspx

Posting in from sunny Stockholm! No changes to AB starting 15 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Posting in from sunny Stockholm! No changes to AB starting 15 :(

And Afeaki dropped with Woodcock in and B. Franks covering tighthead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Here's the game! :D

It was a really enjoyable game to watch, I was surprised. Worth seeing it all.

French Team for Saturday :

Médard - Planté, Fritz, Fofana, Huget - Michalak, Machenaud - Picamoles, Le Roux, Dusautoir - Maestri, Sanson - Mas, Szarzewski, Domingo

Remplaçants : Kayser, Debaty, Ducalcon, Vahaamahina, Nyanga, Dulin, Tales, Bastareaud

PSA will start Michalak ... hard to understand. In second Row Samson will be the Jumper that's why he starts Leroux a heavy flanker

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm surprised Médard starts, that's three starts in seven days for him!

Freddie at 10 is a poor decision, the ABs will pick off his mistakes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Michalak has been pretty horrific for France this year (AIs excluded). Don't really understand that call.

• Advertisement

I think that's his last chance to prove he has a future in bleu at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I think that's his last chance to prove he has a future in bleu at 10.

I could tell him he hasn't :D, Shame to see he going the same way ROG did , He was a class player in his day, was a great fan of his .

Hope he proves me wrong though.

ALLEZ LES BLUES

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

duckysauce wrote: »
    I could tell him he hasn't :D, Shame to see he going the same way ROG did , He was a class player in his day, was a great fan of his .

Hope he proves me wrong though.

ALLEZ LES BLUES

Don't think he's completely done..... he was vital in the HC final imo.

France v NZ 2nd test preview

New Zealand: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Sam Cane, 6 Liam Messam, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Wyatt Crockett.

Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Tony Woodcock, 18 Ben Franks, 19 Jeremy Thrush, 20 Victor Vito, 21 Piri Weepu, 22 Beauden Barrett, 23 Rene Ranger.

France: 15 Maxime Médard, 14 Adrien Planté, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Yoann Huget, 10 Frederic Michalak, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Christophe Samson, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 1 Thomas Domingo.

Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Luc Ducalcon, 19 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 20 Yannick Nyanga, 21 Brice Dulin, 22 Remi Tales, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud.

In the time honoured tradition, and in the absence of thomond2006, here is a brief match preview...

NZ and France meet tomorrow after a first test that could best be summarised as NZ firing only 2 shots, but 2 decents shots at that, and France regretting a dropped pass by the otherwise excellent Picamoles and not making more of a sub par AB performance to register a rare victory on Fortress Eden.

Steve Hansen resisted the temptation to change the starting XV, a late injury elevating Whitelock into the team, which begs the Q why wasnt he starting in the first place? It would be akin to Madigan getting injured to be replaced by a fit Sexton. Three players somewhat under pressure are Cane & Cruden, deputising relatively poorly last week for McCaw & Carter, and Dagg who was lucky to keep his spot. Look for NZ to compete more effectively at the breakdow, and make a better effort to retain possession.

For France, Freddie is back, this guy has more lives then the figurative cat, but the real threat should come again from the midfield of Fritz & Fofana, and the competitive backrow lead by the indefatigable Dusautoir. France will want to be a tad more clinical, and I know they werent too happy with their scrum last week.'

Heres hoping for a hig quality closely fought match in the leadup to the Tahs game.

Once again, I cant watch this match live, a conference in Stockholm proving the stumbling block this time. Ör shöüld thät bë stümblïng blöck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Oh god, Michalak.

Well done NZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

I used to love Michalak but I'm struggling to think of the last time he put in a top class performance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

trouttrout wrote: »
    I used to love Michalak but I'm struggling to think of the last time he put in a top class performance

Last November against Australia for France. HCup final he helped to change the game too but that doesn't count as he wasn't on the field long. I really think he would benefit from not having to switch between scrum-half and out-half for Toulon and France. He was excellent sticking at OH for the Sharks.

danthefan wrote: »
    Oh god, Michalak.

Well done NZ.

Thankfully he probably won't play the full game at 10, Tales will come on and Michalak will move to 9.
    trouttrout wrote: »

He played pretty well in the AIs when France were on the front foot. He is always capable of magic moments a la Quade Cooper. His crosskick for Rossouw against Toulouse was a beaut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'm feeling more confident now that Piri Weepu is back for the Haka. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nonu showing some great kicking skills in the first five mins

Try all blacks, saveau

• Advertisement

Savea finishes a grubber from Nonu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

About the fourth failed fly hack in 60 seconds from France.

JUMP ON THE ****ING BALL.

ffs Freddie, awful attempt.

and then he hits the post with a penalty, Read runs 50 metres and NZ end up with three points at the other end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭JRant

This is going to be a 30+ win for the AB's.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    This is going to be a 30+ win for the AB's.

I think so too.

France aren't as strong at the breakdown and their lineout is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

New Zealand kickers are absolutely killing France. Reminds me of what England did to us in the 6N's.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think so too.

An unmitigated disaster!
    Dreadful stuff

I'm surprised they didn't take the scrum, let off for France.

France would want to sort out who is covering grubber kicks, they are being shunted back by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I think so too.

They look like they did for the 6N's, headless chicken stuff. Freddie really isn't the man for this team. He's not providing any direction out there. AB's playing for territory very well, plenty of kicks but they're turning the French around every time.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement