Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The Pandora shop beside fallers has moved to shop street.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

J o e wrote: »
    Noticed a new cafe getting kitted out opposite Druid Lane on Quay Street - "Quay Street Food".

The guy from the Asian tea house is opening an Asian restaurant in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The guy from the Asian tea house is opening an Asian restaurant in there.

That's the former pet shop.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

That's the former pet shop.

There's a joke to be made there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, I can already hear Mr OBumble making it every single time we walk down Shop St :rolleyes:

The same themed-joke about the chipper in Henry St is bad enough .... this will be harder to avoid.

• Advertisement

True, the guy that owned the pet shop is a bit of a magician too you know :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yes, I can already hear Mr OBumble making it every single time we walk down Shop St :rolleyes:

The same themed-joke about the chipper in Henry St is bad enough .... this will be harder to avoid.

Just tell him to look at Una Taaffes to put him off the trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Contractor working on the former linen supply premises in rahoon that was a location for EA games for a while. Wish Beauty salon on clybaun road closed down.

EDIT : Zenimax unit not EA Games.

Green leaf (formerly Mix Greens) in Liosban has closed as has the small shop next door.

Both units are closed for renovations and Coco Cafe have a notice up that they are coming soon and are recruiting staff.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Green leaf (formerly Mix Greens) in Liosban has closed as has the small shop next door.

Both units are closed for renovations and Coco Cafe have a notice up that they are coming soon and are recruiting staff.

Ah that's a shame, that was a nice place for a cooked lunch. I think that section of Liosban already has 3 coffee and sandwich places dunno how another one will do..

• Advertisement

Starbucks and subway have closed on the NUIG campus and the catering for that whole area is being taken over by someone else, back down to one Starbucks in Galway

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Starbucks and subway have closed on the NUIG campus and the catering for that whole area is being taken over by someone else, back down to one Starbucks in Galway
    Enjoy it while it lasts; legend tells that if you strike one Starbucks down, 2 more set up to avenge it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You mean aramark is finally gone from NUIG?! Of course it's just as I leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

You mean aramark is finally gone from NUIG?! Of course it's just as I leave

Yes, Aramark are gone ;). Let's hope the new operators have a better offering. I've heard they're "some crowd that run canteens in French universities". We'll see what transpires when they open next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes, Aramark are gone ;). Let's hope the new operators have a better offering. I've heard they're "some crowd that run canteens in French universities". We'll see what transpires when they open next week.
    Escargot avec frites et le sauce periwinkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

snubbleste wrote: »
    Escargot avec frites et le sauce periwinkle

LOL, bet that would go down like a sac de merde :D

Sodexo are French - they are twice as big as Aramark.

If it is them think more industrial estate canteen rather than bistrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sodexo are French - they are twice as big as Aramark.

If it is them think more industrial estate canteen rather than bistrot.

They also run a few prisons in the UK.

PCWorld Wellpark is in the process of winding down and is to merge with sister Company Curry's on the Headford Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PCWorld Wellpark is in the process of winding down and is to merge with sister Company Curry's on the Headford Rd.

I was in there the other day and the place was half empty, I assumed it was the above! Makes sense - I'd say there's very little merging to be done other than throwing the stock in a truck and bringing it over. They both sell the exact same stock.

• Advertisement

I was in there the other day and the place was half empty, I assumed it was the above! Makes sense - I'd say there's very little merging to be done other than throwing the stock in a truck and bringing it over. They both sell the exact same stock.

Yep, a few of the Wellpark staff will be relocating to the Headford Rd. but I don't know how many will actually be made redundant.

I'd imagine the rent on that Wellpark store was huge too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Is Aramark definitely gone? The subway and Starbucks was separate to them I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I used to work in the Eye in college years ago and would wander over to PC World on my breaks sometimes for a look, I was often the only person in there and it was an absolutely massive shop, dont know how they lasted this long. Crazy prices aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

the "Cantina" that is basically a converted container at the topaz garage in newcastle is closing from today as apparently not going to open for the new student term.

clearing out stock there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Aw man that was a fav spot on my 'need food quick' travels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Tis gone alright. Definitely not reopenning. Was falling way short of targets.

Padkir wrote: »
    Is Aramark definitely gone? The subway and Starbucks was separate to them I thought?

They'redefinitely gone, reopening tomorrow under a new operator, staff are being kept on AFAIK, a different bistro is going in where Starbucks was and apparently the operators of the canteen will be running their own sandwich place where Subway was

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Sign in the window of the former cotters in knocknacarra

Honest Deli opening soon.. deli/coffee/grocery

was driving so not 100% sure on name.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LoveMeSexy

Not sure if its been said already but modern music is closed down by the looks of things, disappointing but I suppose its tough to compete with online stores especially with music. Thats two closed in the last few years.

• Advertisement

LoveMeSexy wrote: »
    Not sure if its been said already but modern music is closed down by the looks of things, disappointing but I suppose its tough to compete with online stores especially with music. Thats two closed in the last few years.

Yep, it was posted on page 137 by Arghus HERE:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement