Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Decided to order a takeaway from Tamarind in Salthill this evening. We usually order by phone and pop in to collect it. When we couldn't get an answer on the phone we thought maybe there was a problem with their phone line so my OH said he'd go over to see what the story was. Unfortunately the place was in darkness and judging by the amount of post and free papers visible on the floor behind the door, it hasn't been open for some time. I doubt they are closed for a holiday as presumably if they were they'd have put a note to that effect on their website and front door.

I've seen that stack of papers and post building up for well over a month now, I haven't seen any official announcement but it doesn't look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A fool and his money...........

Honestly...how many places have opened and closed there the past few years. Terrible location for a take-away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What do you mean opposite Lidl? Where is this location or am I thinking of the wrong Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thargor wrote: »
    What do you mean opposite Lidl? Where is this location or am I thinking of the wrong Lidl?

Pretty sure he means the one on Headford Rd, down a bit from Lidl, kinda next to the garage.

Many aspiring chipper-magnates have gone in there, and left again equally quickly. Horrible location, apart from the few houses around it, no parking, not that much foot traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Yep. I'd say they do be hoping to get the students walking home from the nightclubs to the Headford Road. It's impossible to get them away from S'Macs though.
    Rent is probably cheap enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mona Lisa Italian place is in where La Fine Bouche was

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

MataofK wrote: »
    Close till Wednesday apparently ( note on the door) <unverifiable info removed>
    Verification. (Page 21)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MataofK

<nothing to do with the thread topic, info removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

In the old bank of Ireland at the shopping centre, there is a credit union moving into it.
    It's been worked on for ages, with sign up C U soon.
    Well played

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

FUN MAX For all your mobile phone accessories and repairs
    Galway Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

snubbleste wrote: »
    FUN MAX For all your mobile phone accessories and repairs
    Galway Shopping Centre

Opening ? Closing ?

Westy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭what_traffic

swiftman wrote: »
    In the old bank of Ireland at the shopping centre, there is a credit union moving into it.
    It's been worked on for ages, with sign up C U soon.
    Well played

On their Website they say it's open
    https://galwaycreditunion.ie/news/credit-union-galway-shopping-centre-now-open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

westgolf wrote: »
    Opening ? Closing ?

Westy

Opening, opposite SuperMacs.

Also some kind of "popup" gadget store beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Opening, opposite SuperMacs.

Also some kind of "popup" gadget store beside it.

Speaking of gadget stores theres a new kitchen gadget type place opposite SubCity donwstairs in Corbett Court, some nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Decided to order a takeaway from Tamarind in Salthill this evening. We usually order by phone and pop in to collect it. When we couldn't get an answer on the phone we thought maybe there was a problem with their phone line so my OH said he'd go over to see what the story was. Unfortunately the place was in darkness and judging by the amount of post and free papers visible on the floor behind the door, it hasn't been open for some time. I doubt they are closed for a holiday as presumably if they were they'd have put a note to that effect on their website and front door.

They priced themselves out of business. Loved the food but way too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Any word on when Aldi in Oranmore behind Tesco are opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It was originally meant to be open in November, so they're overdue.

Still a lot of work to be done, but the entrance from the Castle Road side is looking close to completition, so they'll probably open while works on the Tesco side continue (which doesn't look great at the moment).
    Moyglish wrote: »
    Any word on when Aldi in Oranmore behind Tesco are opening?

Above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Speaking of gadget stores theres a new kitchen gadget type place opposite SubCity donwstairs in Corbett Court, some nice stuff.

I wish you hadn't told us. Those kind of shops are my downfall :o
    Have to go now and check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I passed by the Bal in Salthill last night and was surprised to see the place lit up and people inside drinking pints. Last I heard the drinks licence had been sold and the place was to let without a licence. Either that wasn’t true or they’ve got another licence. Does anyone know who’s running it or if there are plans to serve food?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭howyanow

I passed by the Bal in Salthill last night and was surprised to see the place lit up and people inside drinking pints. Last I heard the drinks licence had been sold and the place was to let without a licence. Either that wasn’t true or they’ve got another licence. Does anyone know who’s running it or if there are plans to serve food?

I had also heard it would be converted into offices!
    Surprised to see it open as there is surely too many pubs in Salthill as it is.

Anyone know if The Office was sold?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

youngrun wrote: »
    The Bal 800 a week???!
    RENT: €41,600 pa
    RATES: €16k pa

:eek:

And then people blame 'greedy' publicans for the price of a pint.

Is there anything happening in Salthill these days anyway? I would've thought all the action was happening in town

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

The same guy who was operating "Hostys" in bohermore has opened The Bal.
    Best of luck but its hard to see it long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Revive and Go, opening(opened?) Opposite debenhams Eyre street, seen the sign up walking by yesterday. Looks like a take away sort of place of the original Revive cafe two doors down.

New management coming again to the chipper opposite LIDL.

Now open as the Galway Grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And then people blame 'greedy' publicans for the price of a pint.

Nah, I blame the greedy staff, expecting to get paid.

:D

• Advertisement

Nah, I blame the greedy staff, expecting to get paid.

:D

Oi! I'm a volunteer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement