Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you walk past a place and see a sign indicating that it has ceased trading, mention that.
    If you see a business that has been gutted mention that - maybe it hasn't shut down, maybe it's moved location, I'm sure other posters will question as such.
    This isn't exactly the most concrete proof from a random poster on the internet, but is enough for the post to stay until it is countered, and as Galway is not a massive place most of these are easy to verify.

I can't give you exact rules of conduct as I can't plan for every possible scenario, each post will have to be dealt with as they crop up and a lot of this has to do with common sense, just don't post something if you're not certain about it's validity - so posting something like "I heard from X that the Alphabet Shop is shutting down" is a definite no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭thesandeman

They have said that all outstanding orders and agreements will be honoured so the buzz might not be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

New place going in where the fruit and veg place was on Mary St, im guessing maybe an Asian or Eastern European foodstore by the shelving inside. Something called 'Down Town Cafe' opening where the German place was on Abbeygate St.

So this place is an Asian grocery store, its more Korean and Japanese than the other ones around for those interested.

New shop called 'My Shop....Granny Likes It' opened couple doors up from Sallys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I heard <snip> closed down on Sunday!

Mod edit: no it didn't, name removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They're open today according to their facebook.
    This thread isn't for throwing out rumors that we then have to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Just ate there. It's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

They had to close on Sunday due to being a victim of its own success allegedly!
    Ran out of absolutely everything on Saturday. Hard to get fresh supplies on a Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

El Burrito has disappeared! Just passed it. Lights off and the place is cleared out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Malena72 wrote: »
    New Nail Bar in Abbeygate street where the Diva Nail Bar used to be.

Have you any idea of what their name is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

The Royal Cafe on Lower Abbeygate Street hasn't been open for business all week

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

An Italian cafe called Florence has opened in the former Couch Potatoes location.

Standard pizza / pasta looking Italian menu. I haven't tried them out, just noticed last night.

So we now have Venice in Lower Abbeygate St, and Florence in Upper Abbeygate St. Anyone wanna take bets on where Rome, Naples, etc are going to go? :-)

An Italian cafe called Florence has opened in the former Couch Potatoes location.

Standard pizza / pasta looking Italian menu. I haven't tried them out, just noticed last night.

So we now have Venice in Lower Abbeygate St, and Florence in Upper Abbeygate St. Anyone wanna take bets on where Rome, Naples, etc are going to go? :-)

Naples is at Pizza & Pasta Napoli, slow off the mark there Bumble.

Milano on Middle Street...

Have you any idea of what their name is?

Million Dollar Secrets, just walked by there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Milano on Middle Street...

Are you saying it's closed/closing down or answering another post or something?

Are you saying it's closed/closing down or answering another post or something?

Answering another post.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

There is fit out work going on in the old Dignity night club on shop street. No other details though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

recent gossip removed

Shanely, you're going to have to substantiate your posts in this thread, guaranties from an anonymous poster aren't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

01902 wrote: »
    There is fit out work going on in the old Dignity night club on shop street. No other details though!

Coyotoes is moving there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

New Restaurant called 'Lime' has opened where Tamarind used to be in Spanish Arch. Tamarind has re-opened in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

A shop is beinging kitted out across from Joyce's Knocknacarra in the line of units with Capones and David Martin anyone have any ideas as to what it is ?

3fullback wrote: »
    A shop is beinging kitted out across from Joyce's Knocknacarra in the line of units with Capones and David Martin anyone have any ideas as to what it is ?

There is a gym moving into one of the empty units there but it's not due to open until autumn. So there must be 2 units let out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Last I heard a pet shop was going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

3fullback wrote: »

Tanning salon

<snip> are opening in <snip> shop.

<snip> is closing down in July.

I don't have a link to this info but I know the <snip> manager who told me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

New Tapas Bar opening next door to Bierhaus on Upper Dominick St subject to planning approval

Harps wrote: »
    New Tapas Bar opening next door to Bierhaus on Upper Dominick St subject to planning approval

Saw a small piece on this in the Galway Indo the week before last alright, wonder who has it.

Paddyfield wrote: »
    <snip> are opening in <snip> shop.

<snip> is closing down in July.

I don't have a link to this info but I know the <snip> manager who told me today.

A few months ago you claimed a different shop was set to go in there so I've removed all info about this latest development.

Don't post again unless the shop you're talking about is trading or you have other suitable proof of either business opening/closing

• Advertisement

A few months ago you claimed a different shop was set to go in there so I've removed all info about this latest development.

Don't post again unless the shop you're talking about is trading or you have other suitable proof of either business opening/closing

I hear ya. I work on the street so I hear all of the news.

No bad intentions on my behalf. I will only post when there are feasible links in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement