Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Anyone Else Worried?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 9:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I am so pissed literally. I just don't get this whole project math's thing seriously. And it is vital since if you don't pass it you fail your whole LC. All I can say is I wish it never existed.

Anyone else here worried? And I'm at ordinary level I feel so bad for the HL students here.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not true that if you fail one subject you fail your whole LC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

spurious wrote: »

that's what my math teacher always says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

spurious wrote: »

Spurious man, I have to commend your work rate! You're a good egg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Spurious man, I have to commend your work rate! You're a good egg!

You are such a disrespectful cnut it's not even right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It is effectively true. If you fail maths, say goodbye to getting into 3rd level.

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    You are such a disrespectful cnut it's not even right.

Can't win with you prodgy can I?

"damned if I do, damned if I don't"

Can't win with you prodgy can I?

"damned if I do, damned if I don't"

Prodgy? I love it :D

Try not saying anything, it'd improve everyone's view of you immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

all I want is a D3

Prodgy? I love it :D

Try not saying anything, it'd improve everyone's view of you immensely.

I am not going to stoop to you're level mate. I am hear to avail of this service, you need to back off. The fact that you think I care about your opinion of me is laughable so please just refrain from petit comments like that.

I am not going to stoop to you're level mate. I am hear to avail of this service, you need to back off. The fact that you think I care about your opinion of me is laughable so please just refrain from petit comments like that.

*your
    **here
    ***petty
    ****I am not your mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It's only the LC. Shouldn't you folks be buried in the books though?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

all I want is a D3

Thats all I want aswell .. but i just found out that it has to be in your top 6 with regards to grade and not points wise .. so now i dont know wheter to drop to ordinary :( Im weak at irish and will prob only get a C3 and if i get a D3 in maths its 70 points but i will have to count the 60 points from irish! :(
    Dont know if any of that made sense :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Leaving Cert Student and Prodigious, keep your bickering out of this thread and out of all other threads, as you have already been asked to do many times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

*your
    **here
    ***petty
    ****I am not your mate.

Hey dude If you're not gonna give your opinion about maths buzz off and stop disrespecting other members.

*your
    **here
    ***petty
    ****I am not your mate.

The irony of correcting a misspelling of petty on an online forum.

Canard wrote: »
    Leaving Cert Student and Prodigious, keep your bickering out of this thread and out of all other threads, as you have already been asked to do many times.

Fair enough, to be honest he is following me around and it is fairly annoying but I am willing to stay out of his way if he is mine.

As for the topic of maths, I would definitely stick it out, they will be desperate to pass as many people as possible in my opinion!

fontdor wrote: »
    I am so pissed literally. I just don't get this whole project math's thing seriously. And it is vital since if you don't pass it you fail your whole LC. All I can say is I wish it never existed.

Anyone else here worried? And I'm at ordinary level I feel so bad for the HL students here.

I'm fortunate in that Maths comes naturally to me, but I am still a bit worried. I hate the way that, despite the fact they are trying to stop people learning stuff off, they still have so many proofs on the course. So much extra time spent on them when we could be practicing real maths.

Canard wrote: »

I am willing to stay out of his way if he is mine.

Ditto. See what I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thats all I want aswell .. but i just found out that it has to be in your top 6 with regards to grade and not points wise .. so now i dont know wheter to drop to ordinary :( Im weak at irish and will prob only get a C3 and if i get a D3 in maths its 70 points but i will have to count the 60 points from irish! :(
    Dont know if any of that made sense :o

Maths has to be in your top 6 points wise. Like you add your 25 points onto your maths score and if that score is higher than another subject you can include maths. So if you get a D3 which is worth 70 points and 60 from Irish then you count maths.
    Hope this makes sense but if I understand you then I think you have been misinformed, so stick at the HL :)

Maths has to be in your top 6 points wise. Like you add your 25 points onto your maths score and if that score is higher than another subject you can include maths. So if you get a D3 which is worth 70 points and 60 from Irish then you count maths.
    Hope this makes sense but if I understand you then I think you have been misinformed, so stick at the HL :)
    Seriously!! Thank you! My friend was telling me she read it in the paper or something and my career guidance teacher is crazy and won't know.. I'm actually so happy now! I was on the verge of dropping :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Seriously!! Thank you! My friend was telling me she read it in the paper or something and my career guidance teacher is crazy and won't know.. I'm actually so happy now! I was on the verge of dropping :D

Well I'm almost 100% sure on that! People thought that once they did HL they could just add the 25 points on even if the combined points are lower than the other subjects. So stick with it and good luck :)

Well I'm almost 100% sure on that! People thought that once they did HL they could just add the 25 points on even if the combined points are lower than the other subjects. So stick with it and good luck :)

Just checked it on the CAO and your right! Thank you so much!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Its the "Any Reasonable attempt -5 marks" that give me hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Passed the mocks by 1%, so scared! Attempt marks <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I am willing to stay out of his way if he is mine.
    Ditto. See what I did there?
    Right, gentlemen, consider yourselves lucky Canard got here first!

So, you get yourselves a final chance: stick to the above or get yourselves a time out.

- Ignore one another, do not address one another in any way, good, bad or indifferent.

- No sly sideswipes at one another. If I even *suspect* that this is intended, I won't give any benefit of the doubt, so read each post twice.

- No sideswipes or prodding at anyone else either. The LC starts shortly, people are nervous and stressed, no-one needs any additional aggravation.

There is NO need to respond to this post on thread. In fact, I would strongly advise against it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

The next few weeks are going to be interesting on here methinks. Things are already hottin' up!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

woman-taking-cold-shower.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The next few weeks are going to be interesting on here methinks. Things are already hottin' up!

exam pressure yeow

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

Maths is fuppin great. Learn to love it. A friend for life it is. A quirky, bollucks of a friend who you'll never fully understand, who will annoy you to point of wanting to nail your scrotum to a tree...but a friend nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Maths is fuppin great. Learn to love it. A friend for life it is. A quirky, bollucks of a friend who you'll never fully understand, who will annoy you to point of wanting to nail your scrotum to a tree...but a friend nonetheless.

.. Unnecessarily vivid? :P

Advertisement