Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portmarnock beach this evening

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

didn't even know there was such a law... they should clean up at the Rory Gallagher festival this weekend in that case.

Yep, they were demons at stinging us drinking a can on the way to the bus for a night out. Not even causing hassle, but if you had a can and they saw it ...BAM: "€50 please!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fattes

This is not uncommon on this beach, and the control involved would have been very simple from putting Gardaí at the train stations in Malahide and Portmarnock to stop those involved even getting to the beach in the first place.
    On what grounds could have the Gardai have stopped these youths going to the beach before the trouble started?

The fact that most were under 18 & carrying alcahol to start with & the fact that FCC have the power to close the beach
    To those that claim race was not an issue - have you listened to the FM 104 discussion from last night?

You mean the same phone show that uses staged callers on a regular basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm live in malahide myself, and the bus back from town yesterday, never seen anything like it. Kids drinking, throwing bottles at each, setting stuff on fire, smoking weed, and the driver did nothing. Malahide itself was quite peaceful in the afternoon but I saw the helicopter. Disgraceful it is, every time the sun comes out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Why does everyone always blame drink for these situations?
    Before you attack me for saying that, hear me out:
    Plenty of people out there can get trollied and all it does to them is make them start hugging everyone and / or fall sleep. Ok, some people get sick. And I'm not saying that any of this is good, it's obviously not. Of course.

But to blame drink for riots and fights is ridiculous. If someone scraps while drunk in all probability it means they were already a w@nker and the drink just made them care less about getting in trouble. That's what drink does. So before we start going on about society's alcohol problems, which I accept it has, can we also focus on why so many people are growing up to be gobsh!tes in the first place? It's just as important an issue. I can't help feeling the kind of idiots who got involved in this are the kind of idiots who are fairly nasty types with or WITHOUT a load of drink on board, so the real question is, why so many nasties in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The After Hours thread has been re-opened.

You can carry on over there.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement