Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portmarnock beach this evening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Depressing stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Well African descent born here but still live within the enthic group mainly could be

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

As has been said many times before , we really need transport police in this country.

If we had that there's a chance some of these clowns wouldn't have made it as far as the beach.

Maybe a few dog units at the DART station or patrolling the beach would also help.

I don't think they made any arrests today and it sounds like the Gardai were majorly outnumbered.

If they weren't living in the technological stone age they might have been able to get photos of some of the troublemakers and maybe keep a database of repeat offenders.

I think it needs to be treated the way football hooligans are dealt with in other countries

As it stands there seems to be no deterrent whatsover , so the thugs will do what they like where and when they like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

It was a riot, broken down by racial ethnicity. Ergo, it was a race riot.

1) It wasn't a riot in any accepted definition of the term.

2) Using 'ergo' does not automatically imply valid logical deduction.

3) Are you saying it was organised by "the African kid"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Norfolk Enchants

What's with the assumptions that anyone black is African? :confused:

What is the correct terminology?

• Advertisement

1) It wasn't a riot in any accepted definition of the term.

2) Using 'ergo' does not automatically imply valid logical deduction.

3) Are you saying it was organised by "the African kid"?

Im not saying. Hes saying it on live radio. Tune in.

Black.

Will you classify Paul McGraths great great grandchildren as Africans?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Blackie Connors

Laneyh wrote: »
    If they weren't living in the technological stone age they might have been able to get photos of some of the troublemakers and maybe keep a database of repeat offenders.

Some of the posters here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591448344220837) seem to have been there or claim to have been. Tracking them down for interview shouldn't be hard, but probably not worth it in economic or police-procedural terms.

Black.

Will you classify Paul McGraths great great grandchildren as Africans?

Only three pages in and the yerra yerra guff has started.

• Advertisement

What Strawberry said. And it depends on their nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I used to go to Portmarnock beach in a groups of a hundred or more(im middle class before anyone gets ideas).

But I stopped going as it so isolated that if there is an issue you are stranded as you have to walk so far to the bus and there is only one bus out of it. Anyone who goes to the beach knows there is a trouble sometimes. It just good people doing stupid **** when drunk.

I find the beach in rush 10 times better and feel so safe there

You haven't answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Sick an tired of this pathetic behavior from absolute scum!

I'm a Malahide resident myself and the likes of these people flocked the malahide area as well as Portmarnock today, walking around with bottles and shouting at people! Now I'm no angel myself, but the majority of these people were out for trouble from the word go!

The Garda were slow(yet again) to react to the disturbances and if you have seen the video above, you will see them standing around taking pictures whilst a girl lies unconscious on the ground!

The worst thing about it is, nothing will ever change when comes to the Gardaí! Now not all Garda are slackers and I know many a dedicated Garda, but as a whole I find them an absolute joke and would find it very hard to lay my faith in them!

Less than a month a Boards member, and every one of your 60-odd posts is about "the blacks".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

****in scum,the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

hfallada wrote: »
    I used to go to Portmarnock beach in a groups of a hundred or more(im middle class before anyone gets ideas).

But I stopped going as it so isolated that if there is an issue you are stranded as you have to walk so far to the bus and there is only one bus out of it. Anyone who goes to the beach knows there is a trouble sometimes. It just good people doing stupid **** when drunk.

I find the beach in rush 10 times better and feel so safe there

Good people don't go around throwing bottles, drunk or sober!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

What's with the assumptions that anyone black is African? :confused:

We can all be as PC as we like, but I witnessed African lads being arrested. I can tell by their accents.

Not saying it was just them, because it wasn't. Plenty of Irish scum there too.

Some things just are what they seem.

For the record - I'm not saying they acted how they did because of their race etc...this doesn't even have anything to do with race (it's an existential circumstance), but rather a sad reflection on Irish society, given that everyone was involved.

If there were no black people there, the scum element would find a reason to cause trouble. And that's the crux of it.

We can all be as PC as we like, but I witnessed African lads being arrested. I can tell by their accents.

Not saying it was just them, because it wasn't. Plenty of Irish scum there too.

Some things just are what they seem.

A good friend of mine is from Scotland, her son, now 18 was born and raised in Ireland but speaks with a Scottish accent. Does that make him Scottish?

My elder sister was born in Ireland, I was born and we were raised in England. She speaks with an English accent. Does that make her English?

I agree, 100% with your last statement (after your edit).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

A brawl. Definitely not a 'race riot' in the usual meaning of the term.

If it was white lads chasing down a group of black lads then it would be called racially motivated but when its black lads chasing some white lads down a beach its just a brawl. Why?

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    If it was white lads chasing down a group of black lads then it would be called racially motivated but when its black lads chasing some white lads down a beach its just a brawl. Why?

First of all, says who?

The key term is "race riot". It was not a riot. Nowhere near. It was a scrap, by all accounts.

Race was an element, however. Some participants were racially motivated in their aggression.

But I can be damn certain of one thing: it was the white Irish that started it, either by word or by deed. The video linked to above seems to support that.

My interpretation of the vid is that those white Irish started shouting abuse at the black Irish (or black non-nationals) and were the first to throw objects at them.

[Edit:] Anyway: I'm pretty sure we've drifted well off topic in this regard. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a potentially much nastier version of the Rathnew/Wicklow Town faction fights.

First of all, says who?

The key term is "race riot". It was not a riot. Nowhere near. It was a scrap, by all accounts.

Race was an element, however. Some participants were racially motivated in their aggression.

But I can be damn certain of one thing: it was the white Irish that started it, either by word or by deed. The video linked to above seems to support that.

My interpretation of the vid is that those white Irish started shouting abuse at the black Irish (or black non-nationals) and were the first to throw objects at them.

[Edit:] Anyway: I'm pretty sure we've drifted well off topic in this regard. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a potentially much nastier version of the Rathnew/Wicklow Town faction fights.

There were over a thousand people on the beach and they all evacuated it due to the riot. An African instigated the riot. He admitted this on the Adrian Kennedy show. At the end of the show - AK labelled it as 'Irelands first race riot'.

But sure, blame it all on the Irish. Scream racism, just like the African callers to the show. Its not like its the first time indigenous Irish people have been racially attacked - google race hate gangs temple bar.

Kieran Dennison has twitted that fingal county council will meet tomorrow to discuss policing after this race riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

There were over a thousand people on the beach and they all evacuated it due to the riot. An African instigated the riot. He admitted this on the Adrian Kennedy show. At the end of the show - AK labelled it as 'Irelands first race riot'.

But sure, blame it all on the Irish. Scream racism, just like the African callers to the show. Its not like its the first time indigenous Irish people have been racially attacked - google race hate gangs temple bar.

Kieran Dennison has twitted that fingal county council will meet tomorrow to discuss policing after this race riot.

What did the kid say on the radio?

Why did it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

First of all, says who?

A scrap? Have you seen the footage?

Sure the poor non nationals are always the victims arent they. Never the aggressors are they?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    What did the kid say on the radio?

Why did it start?

He spoke his mind for a good ten minutes. An African threw the first slap, was their a reason for it - we dont know.

Africans claim that the whites caused it and vice versa.

This isn't After Hours. I've made my point. We disagree. I'm not going to debate the minutiae.

I get the impression you weren't there today. I stand to be corrected on that. I live there, and I stand by my assertion that I'd bet anything the white Irish started it by word or by deed.

I also stand by my assertion that some of you need to google 'riot', or at least consult a dictionary. Anyway, work away; I won't be responding unless you really annoy me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

A riot is a public order incident with 12 or more people. Certainly sounds like it comes within the legal definition of a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Sick an tired of this pathetic behavior from absolute scum!

I'm a Malahide resident myself and the likes of these people flocked the malahide area as well as Portmarnock today, walking around with bottles and shouting at people! Now I'm no angel myself, but the majority of these people were out for trouble from the word go!

The Garda were slow(yet again) to react to the disturbances and if you have seen the video above, you will see them standing around taking pictures whilst a girl lies unconscious on the ground!

The worst thing about it is, nothing will ever change when comes to the Gardaí! Now not all Garda are slackers and I know many a dedicated Garda, but as a whole I find them an absolute joke and would find it very hard to lay my faith in them!
    Garda intervention can often escalate problems, its best sometimes to observe and them when numbers are reinforced from other stations they can intervene with a plan based on observations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

ted1 wrote: »
    Garda intervention can often escalate problems, its best sometimes to observe and them when numbers are reinforced from other stations they can intervene with a plan based on observations

Depends on the intervention. A dog unit can quickly disperse a crowd as is pretty terrifying seeing a few German or Belgian shepherds coming towards you in an aggressive manner. Someone can think they are a pretty hard man but will still retreat pretty quickly in the face of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

the fight that started behind my car as we drove through the guards "roadblock" was started by some scobes being moved down one side of teh road shouting "white power" and laughing as the guards were moving the black teenagers down the other side of the road. There didn't seem to be that many of them drunk...just scum-bags the lot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement