Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Barbarian FC, Sat 1 June 12:30pm; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

leakyboots wrote: »
    Anyone else hate the way Farrell looks at the posts with the tilted head? Always annoys me anyway

Prefer that to Wilkinson's carrot-in-the-ass stance to be honest. His place kicking has been fine, and his general play hit-and-miss. It's very difficult conditions, so a bit of slack I'm giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've been so disappointed with Faletau. His clear outs have been particularly floppy, even for his standards. Normally the rest of his game makes up for that.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

As a spectacle its poor. Typical gatland game plan.
    Roberts is the only player with a sense of excitement because hes picking good lines, philips too.

Bring on fatuali for the baa baas please, yachvelli as slow as a wet week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

bilston wrote: »
    And they are teammates at Saracens!

Farrell clapping him off was a bit tasteless even after that sort of punch tbh.

I'm sure they will all be mates at the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sydthebeat wrote: »

They could do with Harinordoquy and Hook on as well, they would bring some urgency.

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Farrell clapping him off was a bit tasteless even after that sort of punch tbh.

I'm sure they will all be mates at the end though.

Might be a fight for the beers! I'd say a few brews after the game will be roundly appreciated in this heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Looking forward to seeing Sexton and the Irish lads early in the second half

sydthebeat wrote: »
    As a spectacle its poor. Typical gatland game plan.
    Roberts is the only player with a sense of excitement because hes picking good lines, philips too.

They can't keep any possession as it is, last thing they need is to speed it up!

Their pack has been useless tbh, and Evans isn't helping them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Given the conditions and the amount of rugby he has played lately I hope Heaslip sits where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭bilston

trouttrout wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Sexton and the Irish lads early in the second half

To be honest I wouldn't be in a rush to see them, Murray and Healy maybe but I hope Heaslip and Sexton aren't rushed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Mhmm...lions...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

bilston wrote: »
    Given the conditions and the amount of rugby he has played lately I hope Heaslip sits where he is.

Same let Faletau sweat it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭OldRio

Bench will be emptied fairly early in these conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Good play from Phillips. Good eye for a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Barbarians by more than 10
    Phillips a one man show.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Well this game is over as a contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Philips, lovely dummy!

I like Sam Jones and he has a great future but that's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Easy for Phillips to ghost through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hopefully this puts to bed the argument that Murray is better than Phillips. It's no contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Phillips looks a certainty for starting test scrumhalf anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Barbarians by more than 10

Look at the reply Jones knew it as well was staring at Phillips all the way and just crabbed too far outside.

Those high balls from Farrell have been consistently excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Thought he was a strange choice and he looks a bit out of his depth, had a perfect turnover opportunity and was cleaned out by Hogg at one stage, great experience for him tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Philips really giving it everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Hopefully this puts to bed the argument that Murray is better than Phillips. It's no contest.

?? Murray outplayed him in the Six Nations... and err... he hasn't gotten on to the pitch yet to show his stuff. Against a thrown-together team. If you're making up your mind on players after only 44 mins I don't know what to think!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Look at the reply Jones knew it as well was staring at Phillips all the way and just crabbed too far outside.

It's tough being that gunner at the back of the lineout because you just want to get out and push on the 10s inside shoulder but to be that far away from making the tackle is just nowhere near good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Very good kick to the line

Tox56 wrote: »
    Thought he was a strange choice and he looks a bit out of his depth, had a perfect turnover opportunity and was cleaned out by Hogg at one stage, great experience for him tho

I thought his form this season definitely merited a call up, but I do wonder if Dai Young is using the BaaBaas for his own gain with the number of Wasps players throughout both selections.

• Advertisement

leakyboots wrote: »
    ?? Murray outplayed him in the Six Nations... and err... he hasn't gotten on to the pitch yet to show his stuff. Against a thrown-together team. If you're making up your mind on players after only 44 mins I don't know what to think!

Phillips is the default halfback IMO. He's done nothing to suggest he's lost that spot.

Advertisement