Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated cannabis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MonaPizza wrote: »
    WHAT???? Why the fuck would anyone bother to grind up glass to bulk up marijuana? I mean seriously....why? You want to bulk up something, you'd use a product that looks similar. If I want to bulk up vodka I'm going to add something that looks similar and is cheaper....like...hello........WATER.

Weed is expensive. Nettles are not only cheap.....they're FREE, AND they kind smell similar to cannabis. Sharp knife and chopping board, chop the nettles and stalks, mix it in, voila, 20 minutes effort saves 50 euro and it's pretty damn undetectable.

Glass, :pac:

Trichomes. ;)

Just wanted to share an experience with the people here.

I smoke quite regularly - usually sourcing it from people who grow small amounts themselves.

Recently I got some from a different person. What I got looked and smelt like top notch weed (I have had experience with "sprayed weed" in the past and this wasn't like that).

However after smoking even a small amount of this stuff, there were some very strange effects: really cold extremities (reduced circulation I guess), increased heart rate, feeling of extreme unease and nervousness and a really tense feeling throughout my body - I have more than enough experience to know that this was not caused by THC and more than likely by some unsavoury chemical additive. Needless to say I smoked no more of it and will never go through such channels again.

I think this a serious cause for concern if this stuff is widely available, this wasn't anywhere near Drogheda either.

Just my two cents - can't be arsed getting involved in the legalisation debate. The attitudes of some on here are archaic to say the least.

Sounds like it was harvested too early, plus not cured.
    Rushed to market..................... thanks, prohibition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

mikom wrote: »
    Sounds like it was harvested too early, plus not cured.
    Rushed to market..................... thanks, prohibition.

I don't think it was as simple as that. I've been smoking on and off for a long time and never had remotely similar this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

MonaPizza wrote: »
    WHAT???? Why the fuck would anyone bother to grind up glass to bulk up marijuana? I mean seriously....why? You want to bulk up something, you'd use a product that looks similar. If I want to bulk up vodka I'm going to add something that looks similar and is cheaper....like...hello........WATER.

Weed is expensive. Nettles are not only cheap.....they're FREE, AND they kind smell similar to cannabis. Sharp knife and chopping board, chop the nettles and stalks, mix it in, voila, 20 minutes effort saves 50 euro and it's pretty damn undetectable.

Glass, :pac:

Have you ever seen what it looks like?
    How do you add chopped up nettles to manicured cannabis?:rolleyes:
    http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/marijuana_weed_bud_nug_cannabis_desktop_1160x1182_wallpaper-241951.jpg

I don't think it was as simple as that. I've been smoking on and off for a long time and never had remotely similar this.

Sounds exactly like ice clear resin glands, probably combined with non nute flushed/uncured green matter.

The rush to market gives the end user a bad rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

mikom wrote: »
    Sounds exactly like ice clear resin glands, probably combined with non nute flushed/uncured green matter.

The rush to market gives the end user a bad rush.

If that was the issue then it was an exceptionally unpleasant effect - there was definitely some inorganic chemical element.

Seemingly the Louth batch was hash and not weed anyway:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0530/453502-two-in-intensive-care-over-contaminated-cannabis/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

glass in grass, dont think so, there crystals, all the good stuff has em!!

If that was the issue then it was an exceptionally unpleasant effect - there was definitely some inorganic chemical element.

That'll be the lack of nute flush I mentioned.

Could have been the animal dung, car tyres, used engine oil (insert adulterant) used as a bulker in the mix that did for them.

They should have checked the ingredients label on the product............

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Yeah just saw on the news that Gardai are asking locals to be on the lookout for contaminated hash. Have heard of so called "soap bar" hash before which I wouldn't touch with a barge poll so sadly it appears these two unfortunate ladies bought dodgey hash. I hope they recover soon.

I'd also like to say I agree with posters above calling for legalisation and regulation of cannabis. That way quality control measures could be implemented, the government could take in tax and the sale could be limited to adults so no more children could be exposed to cannabis.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pace2008 wrote: »
    No, it is literally impossible. LSD is a very fragile chemical that degrades at room temperature if left for any length of time.
    Hash brownies.

your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hash brownies.

your move.

What do hash brownies have to do with LSD being fragile?

I hope you're not implying that the existance of one thing somehow affects another completely different thing.

But if that's the game we're playing:

Cream Crackers.

your move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Hash brownies.

your move.

LSD and Cannabis are two different drugs. Why would LSD be in hash brownies?

If you are asking could you put LSD in hash brownies, then the answer is yes but all the LSD would be ruined during the baking process and would have no effect at all on those eating the brownies.

Cannabis contains many chemicals two of which are THC and CBD are you confusing LSD with either of these chemicals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

Hash brownies.

your move.
    Orim wrote: »
    What do hash brownies have to with LSD being fragile?

I hope you're not implying that the existance of one thing somehow affects another completely different thing.

But if that's the game we're playing:

Cream Crackers.

your move.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

yara wrote: »
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

A bad trip in "written" form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

On second thought I retract my previous statement going by this post it dose indeed turn your brain to mush.:p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Chocolate digestives?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pace2008 viewpost.gif
    No, it is literally impossible. LSD is a very fragile chemical that degrades at room temperature if left for any length of time.

Hash brownies.

your move.

Are you saying there is LSD in Hash brownies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Odysseus wrote: »
    Actually when you say common, exactly what do you mean. I reckon at a guess I has lost at least 5 clients every year. I have been in the addiction field over a decade and a half.

I do not know of one client personally who died of contaminated drugs. It does occur of course, that can't be denied,but common?

Do you happen to have any stats on the amount of drug user who have died in Ireland due to contaminated drugs? I know of a few cases but I couldn't say it was common. We get and sent out alters on contaminated gear in work, but it is far from common for us to experience deaths?

"Common" is probably not the correct terminology to use in a scientific data context.

And no, I don't have any stats. But I would be interested to know how many people have died due to drug contamination in Ireland and from your questions and your profession, I must presume that these are not readily available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

How do we know these two women didn't contaminate their own stuff? Seems strange that if there is contaminated hash going around that only two people have been injured from it. Maybe these were just the first two people to try it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

How do we know these two women didn't contaminate their own stuff?
    It could even be an intentional attempt to poison one or both of the women.

It's not like you can easily trace the origin of the hash and who doesn't like a good "contaminated drugs are killing our children!!" story?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mattjack wrote: »
    From contaminated heroin and cocaine ?
    I work in a drugs agency and I've never heard that.A lot of addicts are polydrug users and often compromise their tolerance and overdose particularly after being clean for a while .
    that would be from all causes, not well reported because they weren't Katy French

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

How do we know these two women didn't contaminate their own stuff? Seems strange that if there is contaminated hash going around that only two people have been injured from it. Maybe these were just the first two people to try it though.

It could have been done by a scumbag dealer. But that's one of the main reasons for legalising. Keep scumbag dealers out of the picture.

I would be interested in knowing what it was laced with though. To be that severe it would probably have to be a high grade pharmaceutical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Nettles has to be the best suggestion on 'bulking' weed so far! You might have just scraped it 15 years ago with a few, but I doubt it would fly now.

Some people enjoy a clear trichome. So I hear. I've also heard that vaping at a low temp produces a superior effect.

But it's illegal here and rightly so. The country's in a bad enough way without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

IIRC it's one addict death a week here.

you can smoke this weed, or put a small amount in your mouth for 1000x the effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The country's in a bad enough way without it.

Can you just imagine the destruction if cannabis were legalised? Murderers in the streets, buildings burning to the ground, rapists swooping from the sky abducting children!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

link or gtfo...

i've smoked it for over 10 years (heavily) as in, at least 3 joints per evening at LEAST and have accomplished everything i've wanted in that time including buying a house, settling with partner and holding down a job, even with the recession pushing competitiveness to an all time high in the sector.

if you dont like it, and have nothing more to say than "it turns your brain to mush" then stay out of the argument, because what you are doing in that case is TROLLING, and nobody likes a troll.

First of all I never said "turning your brain to mush" with a view to making a scientific point or anything. (No need for a load of jargon juice!) It's a quote from Robert De Niro in Goodfellas and was meant to be tongue in cheek.

However, I don't think constant and prolonged use of cannabis is a beneficial or harmless thing either. In many cases it isn't the end of the world if someone smokes every day, you're a case in point I suppose. There are, on the other hand, many people who blame grass for being a major negative influence in their lives. I'm from a council estate and grew up around the stuff, a lot of people I know are always professing the need "to get off the smoke" with some of them going as far as hypnotherapy. Many people get a reliance on it and if you're poor then constantly buying cannabis will have a serious financial impact on you and yours. I know it isn't physically addictive, but neither are many addictions (i.e. gambling) and there are some people who simply cannot give it up or use it as a crutch.

Constantly smoking the stuff is also pretty bad if you're in a rut or out of work as I think it plays a part in reinforcing that sort of lifestyle. Even if you are successful or content in a particular job, I also know too many people who just come home and get zonked in front of the telly. No getting them out to the pub, no getting them out for a munch or a game of pool. The work/get stoned cycle is an easy one to slip into.

Is smoking every night as bad as drinking every night? I wouldn't say so, but getting constantly intoxicated on a daily basis on anything (including green) is a bad cycle to be in I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Seachmall wrote: »
    Can you just imagine the destruction if cannabis were legalised? Murderers in the streets, buildings burning to the ground, rapists swooping from the sky abducting children!

It'd be like Boyz n the Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

that would be from all causes, not well reported because they weren't Katy French

Whoa whoa whoa there!! Don't you be going replying to other comments without addressing that Hash Brownie / LSD debacle - Explain yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

elefant wrote: »
    It'd be like Boyz n the Hood

My ass. It'd be like the final levels in San Andreas. Dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Yeah just saw on the news that Gardai are asking locals to be on the lookout for contaminated hash. Have heard of so called "soap bar" hash before which I wouldn't touch with a barge poll so sadly it appears these two unfortunate ladies bought dodgey hash. I hope they recover soon.

First thing I thought when I heard the story was Opiated Hash. Too much of that would put you in hospital no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

FTA69 wrote: »
    However, I don't think constant and prolonged use of cannabis is a beneficial or harmless thing either [...]

Constantly smoking the stuff is also pretty bad [...]

Is smoking every night as bad as drinking every night? I wouldn't say so, but getting constantly intoxicated...

Yeah you're talking about drug abuse/misuse.

Misuse/abuse is something that authoritards tend to get confused about and muddies the waters for them on the legalisation issue the poor cretters.

Nobody who advocates doing away with prohibition is saying misusing drugs is a good lifestyle choice; rather, making a criminal out of an addict is only going to make things worse for him. Better to treat drug misuse as a social problem than a problem of criminality.

Advertisement