Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated cannabis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Wasn't there a story a while back of Dutch producers spraying the crop with glass particles to increase weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Weed is expensive. Glass is cheap. Pestle and mortar, grind the glass, mix it in, voila, 20 minutes effort saves 50 euro.

As another user pointed out, grass isn't a powder so how does this work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Weed is expensive. Glass is cheap. Pestle and mortar, grind the glass, mix it in, voila, 20 minutes effort saves 50 euro.

Save 50 euro, lose every customer you've ever had. Doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

KeithTS wrote: »

Google "what can cannabis be laced with"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I actually think the glass thing possible. Some English batches were supposedly contaminated with v fine glass powder, looked like a nice sugar coating. I think it was recorded on a few of the growing sites etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Kettleson wrote: »

Google what are Irish people like. See the results. They must be true. It's on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Some people also mix it with Angel Dust.

lol so you think that people who grow weed mix it with angel dust , a drug that's hardly available in Europe and looking at american prices works out at about €400 an ounce , they mix the weed with angel dust to sell it cheaper than regular weed?

The naivety :pac:
    humbert wrote: »
    Wasn't there a story a while back of Dutch producers spraying the crop with glass particles to increase weight?

How does one actually spray weed with glass? and how much weight do you think the glass with add to the weed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

KeithTS wrote: »

No idea, I don't smoke. I've just been told that's what's done by the scumbags in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

godwin wrote: »
    lol so you think that people who grow weed mix it with angel dust , a drug that's hardly available in Europe and looking at american prices works out at about €400 an ounce , they mix the weed with angel dust to sell it cheaper than regular weed?

Meh, I'm just saying that a lot of weed you can get nowadays is laced with the stuff. I'm not talking about profiteering, I'm talking about something that could potentially have made the two girls ill. Where did i say anything about PCP being cheaper than weed or lowering the cost of it to produce if they're mixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Google 'third eye calcification'.

• Advertisement

Meh, I'm just saying that a lot of weed you can get nowadays is laced with the stuff.

How often do you buy weed?

Where did i say anything about PCP being cheaper than weed or lowering the cost of it to produce if they're mixed?

You didn't I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

How does one actually spray weed with glass? and how much weight do you think the glass with add to the weed?

God man...didn't you see Friday?
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

This thread is hilarious. It's like watching two old biddies talking about the drugs and what they heard is being put into them.

Meh, I'm just saying that a lot of weed you can get nowadays is laced with the stuff. I'm not talking about profiteering, I'm talking about something that could potentially have made the two girls ill. Where did i say anything about PCP being cheaper than weed or lowering the cost of it to produce if they're mixed?

Find me a reputable source for this.
    Like I said above, two auld biddies gossiping, Chinese whispers, clear lack of understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

The "legalise it" is a debate is worth having but would suggest that none of the models of alcohol, tobacco, perscription tranquilisers (even codeine) or methadone could be held of as great successes. There are problems with all of them.

But in the absence of legalisation, everyone consuming illegal drugs is risking this kind of outcome (or the outcome that the two young lads in Kinsale had last year).

People can bang on all they like about legalisation, but as it stands right now, most illegal drugs carry the risk, however small, of cathastophic outcomes and fund violent criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Weed being laced with something is very different from the "bulking" that you and others are suggesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Lot of spotty Tony Montana wannabes around here this morning.

Sergeant wrote: »
    Lot of spotty Tony Montana wannabes around here this morning.

Tony Montana didn't sell weed.

Find me a reputable source for this.
    Like I said above, two auld biddies gossiping, Chinese whispers, clear lack of understanding.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/6386311.stm

There are many other reports but BBC from the police must be considered reputable.

There are many other reports but BBC from the police must be considered reputable.

Are you planning to serialise the whole article word by word or do you have a point?

There was a suggestion that adding glass wouldn't make sense, this shows that it has been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

One article from 2007 about supply in one particular area doesn't really back up "a lot of weed you can get nowadays is laced with the stuff"

I hear drug-dealers have really cleaned up their act since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

"A lot of?" Can you find a single a confirmed case of this happening in Ireland? A friend of a friend freaking out after a smoke doesn't count. It doesn't make any sense. If it's not for profit then why are dealers lacing their product with an incredibly niche chemical that doesn't mimic the effects of weed in the slightest?

That's round Esoteric's way?
    And weed or grass in ireland tends to be of the fresher, almost damp - not remotely like the gritweed in your report.

Are you planning to serialise the whole article word by word or do you have a point?

There was a suggestion that adding glass wouldn't make sense, this shows that it has been done.

If it's on the BBC it must be true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22365368

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12624573

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hope the women will pull through.

Regret getting involved in this.
    Sensible people will be sensible, there's no discussion to be had here.

The glass thing was a passing phase back in 2007 , a direct result of dickhead dealers trying to make sh1t weed look better than it was , what dealers currently do is that they soak sh1t weed in a solution of sugar and water , this adds a slight bit of weight and makes the sh1t weed look better than it is , no one uses glass.

So any source that has ever been wrong about anything isn't a reliable source and if it's happened six years ago that supports the theory that it couldn't be happening now.

• Advertisement

Regret getting involved in this.
    Sensible people will be sensible, there's no discussion to be had here.

Yes. Sensible people won't buy and consume illegal drugs. This case is a warning to us all of the dangers.

Advertisement