Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated cannabis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Regret getting involved in this.
    Sensible people will be sensible, there's no discussion to be had here.

Same , I haven't even smoked(tobacco,weed,craic) in the last 10 years.

But I'm surprised everytime I see one of these threads that people are still so naive
    Yes. Sensible people won't buy and consume illegal drugs. This case is a warning to us all of the dangers.

Sensible people wouldn't fall for hysteria.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Massive black market for prescription drugs? Alcohol? Isn't everybody complaining alcohol is too cheap?

If by everybody you mean "the pubs", then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Speaking as an ex smoker some years ago whilst backpack around oz there was a huge quantity of lsd going about Sydney that nobody wanted so the dealers used to put it in the weed with horrific results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

hey19 wrote: »
    I,ve seen ground up glass in grass

When have you seen that?
    Doesn't make any sense whatsover to me. It would make more sense to mix it with actuall grass ffs!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Speaking as an ex smoker some years ago whilst backpack around oz there was a huge quantity of lsd going about Sydney that nobody wanted so the dealers used to put it in the weed with horrific results.

You know that it's not possible to smoke LSD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

godwin wrote: »
    Same , I haven't even smoked(tobacco,weed,craic) in the last 10 years.

But I'm surprised everytime I see one of these threads that people are still so naive

I'm the same, don't smoke at all, did years ago.
    But scare mongering and hysteria do tend to rile me when it comes to these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Why did you link the first story? Seems perfectly plausible to me. UFO doesn't mean something that has come from space. It simply means that there was something airborne that they can't identify or figure out what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Just googled it and it seems it is but the story is obviously crap.
    https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=1790

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Or the advice of internet pharmacists telling them it'll all be grand once they know their **** and strike up a good working relationship with their local drug-dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Didn't this happen a couple of years back? Turned out that they found glass mixed in with some sort of hash and that's what was causing people to have breathing problems or something like that.

• Advertisement

humbert wrote: »
    Just googled it and it seems it is but the story is obviously crap.
    https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=1790

He saying "However we have received reliable reports of people who have smoked blotter and had significant effects from doing so"

A blotter is a piece of paper soaked in LSD , the "significant Effect" were more than likely them getting high from absorbing the LSD coated paper via their fingers or lips.

Or the advice of internet pharmacists telling them it'll all be grand once they know their **** and strike up a good working relationship with their local drug-dealer.

This internet pharmacist advises anyone not to smoke , as smoking will give you cancer and ruin your lungs.

And this internet pharmacist also says , that the whole drug discussion is null and void as long as tobacco is sold and taxed by our government , tobacco a drug that kills people and what's even funnier it's a drug that kills people that don't even use it(passive smoking) how many people have you ever heard of dying from passive heroin/crack use?

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things i've heard in a long time.
    Firstly you don't smoke lsd.
    Secondly, do you have any idea what a "huge quantity" of lsd would look like - dosages are measured in micrograms - hardly much use for bulking up something typically sold in ounces!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Dealers rely on repeat business, poisoning customers wouldn't be a good business move.

Cigarette companies have been doing it for years and they're still here. Addiction is the pertinent point, for cigarette companies and illicit drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I can personally vouch for the experience as can the other people with me! There was a lot of warnings about it at the time.

I can personally vouch for the experience as can the other people with me! There was a lot of warnings about it at the time.

You can't smoke LSD, heat destroys it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kettleson wrote: »
    It's common enough for users to die from contaminated drugs, it's more often heroin and cocaine as its easier cut with baking powder, talcum powder and whatever. I take your pont. But they are hardly subject to quality control.
    IIRC it's one addict death a week here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kettleson wrote: »
    The production of illegal drugs is not subject to quality control. Any sort of sh1t can end up in them.
    Wasn't that the gimmick on breaking bad ?

If the drugs were pure enough then they could only prosecute him for producing pharmaceuticals without a license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No, it is literally impossible. LSD is a very fragile chemical that degrades at room temperature if left for any length of time. The heat from a lighter would instantly change its structure and it there would be nothing psychoactive to smoke.

At best you remember the hysteria - you absolutely can't vouch for lsd contaminated weed! It's absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 hey19

When have you seen that?
    Doesn't make any sense whatsover to me. It would make more sense to mix it with actuall grass ffs!
    Its all about weight to these scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Squiggle wrote: »
    Cigarette companies have been doing it for years and they're still here. Addiction is the pertinent point, for cigarette companies and illicit drug dealers.

Cannabis addicts yeah?

hey19 wrote: »
    Its all about weight to these scumbags

They're just salesmen like any other, it's about money same as the newsagent selling you cigarettes or the nice man in the off licence selling you a six pack. It's less regulated so you get more chancers, plain and simple - they exist in all walks of life - remember the horse meat scandal a while back.
    Makes no sense to try pass off powdered glass as plant material - where do you even get powdered glass, makes much more sense to mix in some other, similar looking, plant material and even then i doubt that happens much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

IIRC it's one addict death a week here.

From contaminated heroin and cocaine ?
    I work in a drugs agency and I've never heard that.A lot of addicts are polydrug users and often compromise their tolerance and overdose particularly after being clean for a while .

Very ocaasionally there's both contaminated heroin and cocaine, where I work picks up on it very fast and warnings get around the country quick, with warnings often arriving from abroad too.

Combined cocaine and alcohol is problem too .

I wonder are you thinking of overdoses and general ill health killing some addicts i.e HIV and HEP C.

I'm not doubting your post , I'd like to see a bit more on it.

Check out the alcohol mortality stats in Ireland .. in around 88 die a month , I think thats not including fatal crash's , suicides , violence etc

mattjack wrote: »
    Check out the alcohol mortality stats in Ireland .. in around 88 die a month , I think thats not including fatal crash's , suicides , violence etc

Ahh sure it's legal though , cultural also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

And they were complete and utter bollox. Heat breaks down LSD. You can't smoke LSD for that reason, and you wouldn't start tripping balls if someone put LSD into a joint you were smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Makes no sense to try pass off powdered glass as plant material - where do you even get powdered glass, makes much more sense to mix in some other, similar looking, plant material and even then i doubt that happens much.

It's not glass it is silica sand and the reason they do it is because the active cannabonoids are found in the resin or trichomes which is a little ball of resin at the top of the resin gland so by adding lots of other shiny little balls like silica sand it gives the appearance of being of higher quality and adds a substantial ammount of weight to it. You can't add plant material to a perfectly manicured bud.
    marijuana-trichome-1.jpg
    white_widow_trichomes_-_super_size.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Hopefully it will wipe out a few smelly greasy stoners.

Mod note: Banned

MJ23 wrote: »

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

MJ23 wrote: »

I presume this post is sarcastic rather than mind numbingly stupid.

Advertisement