Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated cannabis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

well as many predicted correctly on this thread....its been found that the cannabis was not contaminated http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0603/454299-cannabis-louth/

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

godwin wrote: »
    how many people have you ever heard of dying from passive heroin/crack use?

strung out junkie mugs old person for fix... old person has weak heart and collapses and dies from heart attack

old person dies as a result of passive heroin/crack usage

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Myth busted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

The indo said one of the girls didn't smoke any cannabis...I don't know what's going on

They must have been taking those hash tablets. Awful things I've heard. Make you think big spiders are crawling on your skin and everything...
    well as many predicted correctly on this thread....its been found that the cannabis was not contaminated

I actually smiled when I first read in the media that two women were critical after cannabis overdoses. If it were true it would have been the first two cannabis overdose cases in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

becost wrote: »
    They must have been taking those hash tablets. Awful things I've heard. Make you think big spiders are crawling on your skin and everything...

I actually smiled when I first read in the media that two women were critical after cannabis overdoses. If it were true it would have been the first two cannabis overdose cases in history.

Sorry, not to be a dick or anything but where did you read it was a cannabis overdose?
    I was in here back at the start defending the smoking etc, but i just don't think it was ever stated as being an overdose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I feel sorry for the poor gobschites that got paranoid over the country this weekend after smoking a j, all because of this nonsense! :pac:

Sorry, not to be a dick or anything but where did you read it was a cannabis overdose?
    I was in here back at the start defending the smoking etc, but i just don't think it was ever stated as being an overdose.

Google it :)

If you're talking about The Examiner article, there's a reason "Cannabis Overdose" is in inverted commas.
    If anything that's the least maniacal of the articles I've read on it.

The first ten pages in this thread are a good example of hysteria though. Sure people were smoking heroin laced, angel dust infused pint glasses at one stage thinking it was hash apparently.

Oops, let me rephrase my post then:

I actually smiled when I first read in the media that two women were critical after "cannabis overdoses".

I do subscribe to the idea that cannabis can be contaminated though. Some of that stuff comes into the country up peoples backsides.

Oops, let me rephrase my post then:

I actually smiled when I first read in the media that two women were critical after "cannabis overdoses".

I do subscribe to the idea that cannabis can be contaminated though. Some of that stuff comes into the country up peoples backsides.

If you know of anyone bringing in more than enough for a few joints up their arse, they must have an absolutely massive arse!
    Imagine a key size bar up there... Not enough guinness in the world to get that out.

• Advertisement

Yeah, to be fair i doubt much hash is delivered that way anymore but back in the 90's almost all illegal drugs came into the country up a junky's arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yeah, to be fair i doubt much hash is delivered that way anymore but back in the 90's almost all illegal drugs came into the country up a junky's arse.

We have a vast coastline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

what the hell is a marijuana tablet

A joke :)

What? Don't you have them where you live yet? Ask the dealers in your area. Someone is bound to be able to get you a few.

What? Don't you have them where you live yet? Ask the dealers in your area. Someone is bound to be able to get you a few.

The dealers hang around the school gates offering free samples to get you hooked :pac:

Boombastic wrote: »
    The dealers hang around the school gates offering free samples to get you hooked :pac:

You mean the "Dhrugg Pushers"? Where were they when I was growing up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

We have a coastline of 1400 miles and a navy of 8 ships
    Smoke does not come in up people's bums !

P

Not anymore but it used to and you can be sure that most of the class A's still come in up some south Americans bottom. Think about that the next time you do a line if that's your buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not anymore but it used to and you can be sure that most of the class A's still come in up some south Americans bottom. Think about that the next time you do a line if that's your buzz.

Most? Seriously?

When you're talking about kilos of product being shifted, be it class A's or whatever, then no, up ze bum is NOT the prime way to get it into the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 crimewave

Where are you getting this information from?
    Did you not see the post which outlines the size of our huge unmonitored coastline?

crimewave wrote: »
    Where are you getting this information from?
    Did you not see the post which outlines the size of our huge unmonitored coastline?

There's very occasionally mules used to bring drugs into this country, it's not cost effective - Remember that boat that capsized with kilos upon kilos of Class As - this is how it's always brought in, deserted spot of coastlne, fishing vessel, in you go.
    Other than that, it's on lorries from mainland europe, smuggled amongst other goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Just out of curiousity can a sniffer dog still smell the drugs if they're up your jacksy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Wattle wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity can a sniffer dog still smell the drugs if they're up your jacksy?

Depends how friendly you let them get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

i smoke weed but i dont drink very often. Smoking cannabis is the lesser of those two evils.

by arguing against it's legislation, and by stating that you wish for stoners to be dying, that could include your own family members, or people that are closer to you than your ignorant brain will allow you to realise.

Just coming back to this thread after a while and must address the point above.

I have never and would never said that I'd wish for stoners to be dying. That's just crazy and I don't see where you got that from my posts. Must be all the weed you're smoking.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Just too say that it isnt man that makes alcohol all the time. Bateria also produce ethanol via pyruvate. It does ocur naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Wattle wrote: »

Very much so. Even if its well wrapped and your hole smells like roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

Just coming back to this thread after a while and must address the point above.

I have never and would never said that I'd wish for stoners to be dying. That's just crazy and I don't see where you got that from my posts. Must be all the weed you're smoking.......

eh yes you did.

anyway, "just coming back to this thread" after seeing in the papers this morning that it wasnt contaminated cannabis at all, they had taken something else, and that the two women are recovering, and will be questioned further when they are well enough.

so, anyone who was arguing the dangers of cannabis can stfu at this point.

WRONG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

eh yes you did.

anyway, "just coming back to this thread" after seeing in the papers this morning that it wasnt contaminated cannabis at all, they had taken something else, and that the two women are recovering, and will be questioned further when they are well enough.

so, anyone who was arguing the dangers of cannabis can stfu at this point.

WRONG

You do know your debating style is abrasive and abrupt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oc_pl

what happened to the two girls involved ? are they ok ?

Advertisement