Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated cannabis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

Odysseus wrote: »
    Are you serious about the kids?

possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It just goes to show you who is running the country, i mean where have all the sensible people gone.

Well i don't know where the sensible folks in Government/HSE have gone, all i know is that i'm a dumb idiot trying to make sense over the dumb idiot's that are supposed to be in control of which i voted in as servants to the Irish citizens but maybe the fluoride has damaged my brain so much i cannot remember what i want them to do for me, including the rest of the population as well.

I will struggle to reframe from talking about water charges so help me zod :mad: i'm struggling to not talk about it....holding back as my body is shaking in frustration. :mad: putrid equine waste from the tap and i have to pay for putrid equine waste. Sorry, i got carried away there It won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

yara wrote: »
    possibly

Well that makes things much clearer

Well that makes things much clearer

ok, so we know they were inhaling aerosols and one of their aunts described one girl as "simply a young mother "trying to get on with her life" and raise her "gorgeous" son".

they should at least be investigated as to their capabilities of raising children if they cannot read a serious health warning on a can of spray!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Most cannabis in this country is contaminated one way or another. The quality in this country to piss poor.

• Advertisement

Yakult wrote: »
    Most cannabis in this country is contaminated one way or another. The quality in this country to piss poor.

a lot is, but thankfully not all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Delighted it came to light they were huffing deodorants, anyone and their dog could told you it wouldn't have happened just by smoking a joint.

I have a genuine question though, do ye ever actually think Ireland will legalize/regularize it? We see how the government deals with other issues, I'm an optimist and I just can't see it happening. It's such a shame, as I believe it would work wonders for this country.

I have a genuine question though, do ye ever actually think Ireland will legalize/regularize it? We see how the government deals with other issues, I'm an optimist and I just can't see it happening. It's such a shame, as I believe it would work wonders for this country.

Not for a long time I'm afraid. Decriminalizing small amounts would be a great start tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I read an article years ago (I think it was on the new scientist website. they had a section devoted to marijuana studies) and in it a Scottish scientist got his students to go and buy hash. after they brought it back, they tested it for impurities. I remember they found dog sh1t and vinyl (I don't know if it was floor covering or a showaddywaddy album) amongst other things.

they're the kind of bulking agents that were used pre boom. I say pre boom because the boom saw a lot of extra money and people demanded better quality. the quality of drugs did improve.

Delighted it came to light they were huffing deodorants, anyone and their dog could told you it wouldn't have happened just by smoking a joint.

I can. And it'll happen overnight. At some point Enda (or whoever) will stand up with the garda commissioner and say "This stuff doesn't look that bad lads" two days later it'll be legal. they might commission a report first.

But legalising it isn't a poisonous political issue any more. It's not like abortion or prostitution. It's probably even better than the plastic bag levy or the smoking ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The difference in quality between what can be obtained here and in England is staggering.

Then again, AFAIK, it was always easier to obtain hash in Ireland than it was bud. It's only in the last 8 ish years that I've noticed that green has taken over from hash. (It may have just been the circles I was running with.)

The difference in quality between what can be obtained here and in England is staggering.

Then again, AFAIK, it was always easier to obtain hash in Ireland than it was bud. It's only in the last 8 ish years that I've noticed that green has taken over from hash. (It may have just been the circles I was running with.)

Nope. It was like that everywhere. maybe once a year you'd see green.

Grayson wrote: »
    I read an article years ago (I think it was on the new scientist website. they had a section devoted to marijuana studies) and in it a Scottish scientist got his students to go and buy hash. after they brought it back, they tested it for impurities. I remember they found dog sh1t and vinyl (I don't know if it was floor covering or a showaddywaddy album) amongst other things.

they're the kind of bulking agents that were used pre boom. I say pre boom because the boom saw a lot of extra money and people demanded better quality. the quality of drugs did improve.

Yeah, anything could be in hash, found plastic and other crap inside it plenty of times, I avoid it unless I've seen it made or know who made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Grayson wrote: »
    I can. And it'll happen overnight. At some point Enda (or whoever) will stand up with the garda commissioner and say "This stuff doesn't look that bad lads" two days later it'll be legal. they might commission a report first.

But legalising it isn't a poisonous political issue any more. It's not like abortion or prostitution. It's probably even better than the plastic bag levy or the smoking ban.

You're a lot more optimistic than I am.

There's a lot of people very anti drugs of any sort (except booze and fags, cos they're ok, ye know) that will fight any sort of legalisation or decriminalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

drumswan wrote: »
    Jesus it would seem there is noone in media or government who is not prepared to repeat horse-**** like this. A twelve year old could reason out that more people would be affected if this had been a contaminated batch of cannabis, what sort of creedence now will they put in the opinions of these gob****es after listening to this hysterical nonsense.

These prohibitionists must actually think everyone is as stupid as they are.
    The pro-legalisation side haven't entirely covered themselves in glory either. When contaminated cannabis was first mooted we had people immediately jumping on the bandwagon claiming this wouldn't happen if it was legal. Within 5 replies;
    Prohibition
    This wouldn't happen if cannabis was legal and controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

If the quality of cannabis here is so piss poor , why do people keep buying it ?
    Some smoke year after year ,yet say whats in Ireland compared to abroad is rubbish

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    The pro-legalisation side haven't entirely covered themselves in glory either. When contaminated cannabis was first mooted we had people immediately jumping on the bandwagon claiming this wouldn't happen if it was legal. Within 5 replies;

Well, had it turned out to be contaminated weed, however unlikely that may be, then yes - prohibition would be to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Don't know where you think you are going with that line of thinking.
    Butter is regulated and controlled........... if I think butter made me sick I can check the label to see whats in it.............. if a few of us get sick, then the health board can go back along the chain to the shop, the creamery, the farmer.
    Easy to do when the product is not on the prohibited list.

Then again it could be all the spray on cream that I am huffing........

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Well, had it turned out to be contaminated weed, however unlikely that may be, then yes - prohibition would be to blame.
    mikom wrote: »
    Don't know where you think you are going with that line of thinking.
    Butter is regulated and controlled........... if I think butter made me sick I can check the label to see whats in it.............. if a few of us get sick, then the health board can go back along the chain to the shop, the creamery, the farmer.
    Easy to do when the product is not on the prohibited list.

Then again it could be all the spray on cream that I am huffing........
    If my aunt had balls...

Occam's Razor applies here in that the simplest reason was probably the most logical. People (on both sides of the pro/anti legalisation camp) however saw fit to invent ever increasingly absurd scare stories about weedkiller, ground-up glass, heavy metals, etc.

Sadly I cannot see it happening in my lifetime. I don't like to see people being made criminals for using any drug, however, the will is not there.

In my opinion, people would want to work with agencies. I might work for the drug services but I see there failures. However, some of the stuff I see here, assuming all are in favour in prohibition, is incorrect.

Based on what those women reported Public Health would have to issue an alert. They would be irresponsible not to. The ones who are gulity of causing hysteria are the media, there has been no sensible reporting of this issue from the bits I have have read.

I have another 20 years in this game before I retire and to get back to your question, I can't see it happening before I claim my pension. There are too many changes to be made, and that it going to take a long time sadly.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    You really think so? On that point what is to blame for cryptosporidium in the water supply in Galway? Legalise water man!

Sadly I cannot see it happening in my lifetime. I don't like to see people being made criminals for using any drug, however, the will is not there.

In my opinion, people would want to work with agencies. I might work for the drug services but I see there failures. However, some of the stuff I see here, assuming all are in favour in prohibition, is incorrect.

Based on what those women reported Public Health would have to issue an alert. They would be irresponsible not to. The ones who are gulity of causing hysteria are the media, there has been no sensible reporting of this issue from the bits I have have read.

I have another 20 years in this game before I retire and to get back to your question, I can't see it happening before I claim my pension. There are too many changes to be made, and that it going to take a long time sadly.

http://nation.time.com/2013/05/28/how-america-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-marijuana/

wake up and smell the coffee cannabis

when the country that forced the planet down the prohibition route itself starts to legalise for medical and recreational it is going to happen here very quick. Look at James Reilly side stepping the need to test Sativex here in Ireland and go straight to shelf, as soon as the legislators can classify one persons THC legal and another persons illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

Uncompressing butane and inhaling the freezing cold vapour deeply in to ones lungs = sniffing. Puts the joy in joyriding into perspective.

Sensationalist media, garda and state agencies should apologise for yet again being racist against a plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Smoke on apparently, it was just the lynx effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If my aunt had balls...

I pull her out of the grow room.

Smoke on apparently, it was just the lynx effect.

Right, Guard.

On the legalisation/decrimalisation issue.
    Irelands Puppy dog leaders will march in step with Uncle Sam and mother Europe when forced to.
    You will be told it is for your own good, and how brave these warrior leaders are for taking the step........

yara wrote: »
    http://nation.time.com/2013/05/28/how-america-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-marijuana/

wake up and smell the coffee cannabis

when the country that forced the planet down the prohibition route itself starts to legalise for medical and recreational it is going to happen here very quick. Look at James Reilly side stepping the need to test Sativex here in Ireland and go straight to shelf, as soon as the legislators can classify one persons THC legal and another persons illegal.

Sadly I doubt it, I would love to see, not only for cannabis; however, it not going to happen here within the next few years.

I would love to be wrong, but... Well I tell you what the day it is legal here repost this thread and if it happens "very quick" as you say [could we say very quick=wothin the next 2 years?] I will buy you the largest amount of cannabis that I can purchase legally as a gift.

Edit: Just to add I have a pain in my bollocks writing up court reports for some poor fcuker who never broke any other law but is pulled at a gig or other event with a few joints. I have enough work to be doing without having to see people who smoke cannabis recreationally, but as they have being caught they need to show they are doing something about their "drug problem". I could just refuse to see these people but that is unfair on them, it is the system that needs to be changed. As in this case it prevents me from spending time with those who really do need my services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Dunno bout that I've been getting some good quality homegrown for the last year or so.

dasdog wrote: »
    Uncompressing butane and inhaling the freezing cold vapour deeply in to ones lungs = sniffing. Puts the joy in joyriding into perspective.

Sensationalist media, garda and state agencies should apologise for yet again being racist against a plant.

http://cdn1.welovetheherb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Sorry-Im-Illegal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I havnt encountered poor quality cannabis in Ireland in well over 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I agree, it's atrocious, lucky for me at this time of year im off it as i have 16 weeks of training and i never smoke it within this time, but i have to say the cannabis bud going around now is too heavy indica makes you feel like falling asleep like the hash.

I used to only smoke sativa but i got the usual garbage that it takes to long to grow and etc... but if no sativa in 16 weeks then i won't touch anything else, i'm a fussy guy, it has to be sativa or no go.

Advertisement