Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The League

Options

Comments

He dies a year later isn't it?

I'd imagine it'll just be passed off as him faking his death, if they even mention it ever again that is!

I'm assuming that the episode takes place at the same time as last weeks episode as Ruxon is heading out of town which explains his absence from last weeks episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm assuming that the episode takes place at the same time as last weeks episode as Ruxon is heading out of town which explains his absence from last weeks episode.

Yeah but when it cuts to the two of them with the guns at the pool, I could have swore it said 12 Months Later or something, I could be mistaken however!

Yeah but when it cuts to the two of them with the guns at the pool, I could have swore it said 12 Months Later or something, I could be mistaken however!

It says a year later and the revenge video is seen a year and a day later meaning that it occurs sometime early in series 6. Would be interesting to see them work it into the next series.

It says a year later and the revenge video is seen a year and a day later meaning that it occurs sometime early in series 6. Would be interesting to see them work it into the next series.

Savage, It'll be interesting to see what they do alright!

If Rafi is gone, I'll miss him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I kinda feel like I'm still waiting for this season to start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Loved this week's ep, especially the whole urine plot and Andre being mistaken for a pervert LOL.:D

Another really good episode with some brilliant moments. Andre with the van was the highlight and the pee stuff was so juvenile yet at the same time hilarious. Much as I'm loving the new series it is a little odd in that each episode feels so disconnected. There doesn't seem to be any overall story and there's a sense that it'll kick in next week.

It was a good ep this week, there have been funnier ones tho, Rich Fulcher was very good in it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

smuckers wrote: »
    It was a good ep this week, there have been funnier ones tho, Rich Fulcher was very good in it:D

Thought last night was the poorest of the series so far - all the episodes seem so disjointed, no story arc at all and it's like the League has last all its importance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thought it was excellent again this week.

There is an arc...kindof....Rafi on his adventure gets the odd mention :)

• Advertisement

They really need to bring in something of an ongoing story arc. Every other series has followed the League but this series it's been one of stories with a nod to past episodes. The mean spirited nature of the show has really been amped up with last weeks Taco story really putting me off the gang. It felt like the writers had a good idea for a bit of fun but wanted to make sure the status quot was reset and did did so by making everyone a monster.

This week had all the ingredients of a great episode, Kevin being thwarted by a tap, Peter going on the wagon, Ruxin defending Andre and best of all Rafi planning a hit. Unfortubatly, with so much going on everything felt rushed. Still it was above average and had some good laughs yet I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

Brilliant ep this week, everything worked well, robot Ruxin LOL:D

smuckers wrote: »
    Brilliant ep this week, everything worked well, robot Ruxin LOL:D

Very funny episode.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ep 12 was good, just on to 13 now.

Was this the first episode of the season where the league itself was really in play?

EDIT: well, at least ep12 was good.

Season 6 starts tomorrow stateside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hope it's better than last series which was just a mess and not that funny. Need to get back to the fantasy league as main focus, it was an after thought last season. Bar one or two very funny ones, the cameo appearances were a bit cack last season too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I want to see a Rafi spin off series.
    It looks like he'll be back this year again and Seth Rogan as well.

It's odd to have The League without an episode of It's Always Sunny to go with though if you close your eyes you could almost believe that you were watching an early episode of It's Always Sunny titled The Gang Go to a Funeral.

Yes, The League decided that the best way to kick off series 6 was with the death Ted who surprisingly enough didn't die of aids but rather the front end of jeep. Funerals in comedy shows are more often than not terrible for most writers use them as an excuse to try and offer a little humanity so it's nice that the episode let our group of ****ed up friends drag a funeral down to the gutter.

The writers seemed to have picked up on many of the complaints regarding the last series, it seems that the league will once again be front and center and with the gang actually competing for a real reward things are sure to be far more competitive than ever. The biggest change is Andre who has gone from the put upon butt of every joke to one of the more confident of the group. It's a nice change of dynamic and was the center for many of the episodes best lines, that new Andre can flash mob a funeral and still come out on top really does allow a whole new dynamic to exist amongst the group.

Very good opener, Taco playing street golf was similar to something Kramer would have done in Seinfeld, except he used the ocean :)
    Some great lines, love confident Andre, and the ending was superb with Taco in the coffin LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought confident Andre was great.

The street golf did not land well with me at all and I'm fed up with shoe-horning the cameos in too.

I've very close to jumping ship.

• Advertisement

I hated most of the NFL cameos last season, but didn't mind the Cameron Jordan/Jordan Cameron one, and JJ Watt is, well JJ Watt. Funny the way he picked up the coffin like a suitcase at the end.

Happy with Teflon Andre as long as Kevin doesn't just become a version of old Andre.

Didn't think it was a bad starter, hopefully it'll improve on last season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Add in all the cameos in the cold opening and you're approaching 8 players in this episode.

That probably equates to at least 4/5 minutes of the entire episode.

5% of an episode filled with non-actors that have zero comedic timing? There may be some novelty appeal for those who follow NFL but it's been wearing thin with me the past few seasons.

Throw in the golf scenes and half that episode made me irritable.

Hopefully it will improve.

Episode two was just poor, properly the weakest episode of the show to date. Don't think I laughed once during the 22 minutes which given the stories in play was unforgivable. The whole episode felt like a safe 22 minutes of genetic sitcom mediocrity, the kind of thing you'd expect from Two and a Half Men.

Smiled a couple of times that episode (ep 3), no big laughs. Think the league has run its course.

Another pretty poor episode, a few smile inducing moments but most of the jokes and setups fell flat. The show really needs to find that spark it used to have, at the minute it's just going through the motions and using guest starts to paper over the issues.

Smiled a couple of times that episode (ep 3), no big laughs. Think the league has run its course.

I liked the height stuff a lot, ruxin on the tablet and andre dressed up as a woman were all quite funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

They should of had the badass Andre arc run for much longer as it was the best part of the first two episodes. The career important function getting messed up by the gang, has been done way to many times in this show for it to have any impact at this stage.

I think the first 3 eps have been great, but sorely missing Rafi.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think the first 3 eps have been great, but sorely missing Rafi.

Isn't Rafi's lack of screen time explained by the whole story from last series when him and Seth Rogan went off. It flash forwarded a year so it will hopefully be brought up some time over the coming episodes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Taco sucks. If he ever was funny (I think he was, but it's been a while) his schtick just grates now.

Advertisement