Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just finished binge watching this over the last few weeks, really enjoyed it, are there plans for another season?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just finished binge watching this over the last few weeks, really enjoyed it, are there plans for another season?

Next season is the last one unfortunately as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Liam O wrote: »

Probably a good thing. it's been on a downward slide the past couple of seasons so probably best to end it before it gets too bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some of the cast have grown a lot bigger in Holywood stature and are getting movies now.
    Mark Duplass (Pete) has a new show now that he created with his brother.

So I would say the next is definitely the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I started watching this show a few weeks ago and I think it's fantastic. I've not binged on a comedy show like this since discovering Trailer Park Boys or Arrested Development a long time ago. 'Ghost Monkey' is one of my favourite comedy episodes ever.

I've tried to inform people about "vinegar strokes" but to no avail.
    Liam O wrote: »

This genuinely made me sad when I read it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You must not have seen the Dirty Randy/Rafi episode yet.

Vinegar Strokes is one of those things you cant explain to people without you coming across as slightly mad.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You must not have seen the Dirty Randy/Rafi episode yet.

Vinegar Strokes is one of those things you cant explain to people without you coming across as slightly mad.

Is that the one in Andre's apartment? During the draft? If so, it's an excellent episode. I recently watched the paint-balling episode and Rafi steals the show "GATTACA!!!!" Plus Taco's paint-knife was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is that the one in Andre's apartment? During the draft? If so, it's an excellent episode. I recently watched the paint-balling episode and Rafi steals the show "GATTACA!!!!" Plus Taco's paint-knife was top class.

No Raffi and Randy episode is just the 2 of them on the road trip

No Raffi and Randy episode is just the 2 of them on the road trip

I'm looking forward to this! I'm mid-way through season 4 so I've still a nice bit of binging left to do.

Be prepared for Rafi just stealing the show full stop.
    His appearance and following expression during the 'Golden Gate' scene is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just started watching this over the weekend but I'm halfway through season 2 and thinking of dropping out. Does it get any better ?

The taco character is terrible he's really putting me off the show. Rafi is great.

It kind of continues in the same manner but the characters develop more and the storylines get more zany. They also get loads of appearances from football players and get them to abuse certain characters.
    If you're not feeling it in season 2 then you may not like it as it goes on.
    Tacos character gets way more exaggerated as well which may not appeal to you.

Anyone watching the new series ? its terrible.

also what you think of this
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/arts/television/steve-rannazzisi-comedian-who-told-of-9-11-escape-admits-he-lied.html?_r=0

horrible ****er

That the first Episode was great.

Just finished reading my NY times.

And when Rafi burst out of the jacks! Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

'Put his d*ck in his mouth. Shame him!'

Why does Rafi not have his own show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

ricero wrote: »
    Anyone watching the new series ? its terrible.

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, as good as ever!
    Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    'Put his d*ck in his mouth. Shame him!'

Why does Rafi not have his own show?

Best TV character in years. Absolute hero :pac::pac:

That was a great second episode.
    Rafi is a f*cking hero. 'I'm going to kill someone', 'Crotchet Dogs'.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That was a great second episode.
    Rafi is a f*cking hero. 'I'm going to kill someone', 'Crotchet Dogs'.

I had tears rolling down my face when he
    showed up with the Asian women in the bag!!!

That was hilarious.

I love that the writers are just getting weird knowing this is the last season with the Alley fight and the period dressing up.

Apparently, the network were very close to not airing that episode with the real life revelations of Brian Kevin.

I dunno I think it's been below par after an excellent series 6. It's like they dont give a **** anymore and the cast don't want to be there. The period costume nonsense was terrible and some of the characters have become parodys of themselves at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd enjoyed the first couple of episodes this series but this week's one was awful. One of the poorest they've ever done.

This weeks was a bit strange, I think they were just trying to push the boundaries of what they could away with on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I've watched 5 episodes of this season - pathetic so far.
    Just going to watch the rest of the season for the sake of it and also for Rafi!!

Two episodes down of the final series and the show really has turned into an unfunny mess that doesn't have any of the wit or charm of the early series. The only reason I'm even bothering with episode 3 is that I need to kill 22 minutes and if this wasn't the final series I'd just give up.

Up to the animated episode and the show has lost that spark that once made it stand out, it's derivative and unfunny mess that's a sad imitation of the show it once was.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Almost glad to see the back of the League. Very few laughs this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Almost glad to see the back of the League. Very few laughs this year.

It was a season long commercial for draft kings.

Thought it ended well, but definitely time to finish up.

Gonna miss Rafi though.....:(

I'm disappointed it's over, but it's probably a good time to wrap it up.

I was reading an article about it the other day, I didn't realise that most of it was improv!
    Rafi will be missed the most. His blessing was incredible....and the seeds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Finished it last night. Series 7 was rubbish. Barely raised a smile and as mentioned, it may as well have had a sticker on screen for draft kings. And Uber as well.

Not that surpised, series 5 was average at best, 6 was poor, so this continued its decline.

Advertisement