Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Why is Jenny's voice constantly hoarse?

is The League flogging a dead horse now? The Schaffer writers better up their game

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Isn't Rafi's lack of screen time explained by the whole story from last series when him and Seth Rogan went off. It flash forwarded a year so it will hopefully be brought up some time over the coming episodes
    next week's episode has them both in the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fantastic episode, actually laughed nearly the whole way through. The best Randy and Raffi have been. Hilarious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fantastic episode, actually laughed nearly the whole way through. The best Randy and Raffi have been. Hilarious.
    I've been looking forward to this one, and the snippets I have seen look ace. Should get a chance to watch it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Brilliant, very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Brilliant, very funny.

It was crude, rude, purile, smut.

We need much more of this on television.

Many laughs tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

100% Could be the best episode yet. Certainly has the most laughs per minute.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

that was amazing.

4 then 7 then 2

Nearly pissed myself laughing when Randy came to save Rafi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thought it was a very good episode this week, but when Rafi showed up it notched up to 11.

• Advertisement

This weeks episode was quite funny I thought, but can the Shaffer's implement their own ideas instead of just rehashing a Seinfeld ep titled The Hot Tub.
    Sophia was ridiculous in a bikini, in a good way, Jenny wasn't bad either. ;)

smuckers wrote: »
    This weeks episode was quite funny I thought, but can the Shaffer's implement their own ideas instead of just rehashing a Seinfeld ep titled The Hot Tub.
    Sophia was ridiculous in a bikini, in a good way, Jenny wasn't bad either. ;)

I've been watching back from S1E1 recently and there are loads of nods towards Seinfeld that I didn't pick up on before. I watched the Pee-Bib episode yesterday and there was something significant in that....something to do with 'Handsy' the traffic cop, can't quite remember what it was though.

Not as good as last week, which is no surprise but this week was pretty good, and no nfl needless cameos. Oh and Jenny > Sophia every time.

Picked up in recent weeks, though I did find Breast Awareness week funnier than The Heavenly Fouler, the latter did have its moments, but once again far too wacky and outlandish.
    The whole going to hell scenario was another Seinism, from The Burning ep.

Just watched Man Land ep, dreadful, very unfunny

Getting a bit desperate now. Comparing the first few series to the last one and this is depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The following one is even worse.

Pretty poor overall this year, the stories feel like rejected It's Always Sunny ideas and laughs are thin on the ground. I actually started rewatching series one over the weekend and still laughing at jokes I've heard numerous time yet it's not uncommon for me to not so much as crack a smile in recent weeks.

The show is definitely not the same as it was in the beginning, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it and getting plenty of laughs.

The whole daylight savings plot was done by Kramer in Seinfeld ep The Susie if i'm not mistaken ( Season 8)

• Advertisement

Yea there are still laughs,but a very inconsistent season, Andre and his bloody cat, terrible

Yea there are still laughs,but a very inconsistent season, Andre and his bloody cat, terrible

Especially the Ray Rice bit.

So has it picked up in recent weeks?

So has it picked up in recent weeks?

Nah, not really. The odd laugh but overall the downward spiral continues.

Nah, not really. The odd laugh but overall the downward spiral continues.

Yeah, going through the motions. On a positive note I watched the Raafi and Randy episode again and it's still brilliant on 2nd viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't like the rafi and randy stuff. It veers off in to the unbelievable with them. By all means make a show like that, but the league is about a group of normal guys taking the piss out of each other.

Ive enjoyed the last couple of episodes.

I don't like the rafi and randy stuff. It veers off in to the unbelievable with them. By all means make a show like that, but the league is about a group of normal guys taking the piss out of each other.

Ive enjoyed the last couple of episodes.

I wasn't a massive Raafi /Randy fan from previous series but the episode this season son was pure gold imho of course.

Edit: last episode was pretty funny. Ebdbbnb

Well the last 2 episodes of the season were out of order, so that was confusing (for the easily confused).

Well the last 2 episodes of the season were out of order, so that was confusing (for the easily confused).

yeah that pee'd me right off.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up with the switching of the episodes.

Advertisement