Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester Tigers v. Northampton Saints - Premiership Final

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Did Myler think the ball had to bounce before it went out and just miss hit the kick?

That would hav been ok wouldn't it?
    Yes, the ball would have been in play before it went out. But as IBF alluded, I think Myler thought it had to cross the line of the 22 before it went out, hence his confusion.

I don't think he miss hit it, just wanted to get it across the 22 and out which is why he ran to that side.

Maybe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've been siding with the Northampton players the whole time, but that's a pretty dumb assumption for Myler to make, especially considering he took it so hastily with Barnes shouting at him from across the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Could he have gotten away with tapping it over the 22 with his kick and then picking it up and THEN kicking it straight out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

.ak wrote: »
    Could he have gotten away with tapping it over the 22 with his kick and then picking it up and THEN kicking it straight out?

Of course. He just had to restart the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Just watching the highlights on itv2, and mallinder, being interviewed before the game, (by craig bl**dy Doyle who should not be let anywhere near a rugby game!) is going on about the pressure of a derby final, and how important it will be for his players to keep their cool and their discipline. He said he was confident in his senior players ability to handle it. What little he knew....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

From Irish Times
    Rory Best called up to Lions squad after Dylan Hartley banned for 11 weeks
    England hooker found guilty of verbal abuse towards an official during Saturday’s Aviva Premiership final

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Hartley incident aside, England look like they have an absolutely sick amount of talent at FB. Tait, Foden, Brown, Daly, Armitage, Goode. None of whom would look out of place on an England team.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is the game worth watching? Hartley incident aside?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just watching the highlights on itv2, and mallinder, being interviewed before the game, (by craig bl**dy Doyle who should not be let anywhere near a rugby game!) is going on about the pressure of a derby final, and how important it will be for his players to keep their cool and their discipline. He said he was confident in his senior players ability to handle it. What little he knew....

Mallinder has to take some responsibility for not sorting out Hartley's discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

.ak wrote: »
    Is the game worth watching? Hartley incident aside?

It really is a very good game. Worth a look. Some of the breaks from tait and foden are real class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wasn't THAT great tbh, red card ruined it really. Was never going to be won by anyone but Leicester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I thought it was quite good, but they are always better when you have a bet on. Saints were as good up until the sending off, and tired badly in the last 15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Almaviva wrote: »
    Makes no sense to me for him to say it to Barnes.
    A 'cheating' ref makes no sense. He might think a ref made a mistake, or is favouring th opposition or whatever. But cheating is just wrong in this context.
    Calling one of the opposition a cheat has more logic to it.

I can see him being let off on this one. And think probably he should be.

Yep makes no sense, you call another player a cheat , you call the ref a prck etc, without him hearing you .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Cockerill banned for 9 matches following his utterly ridiculous conduct during the final. I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg for this sort of carry on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23140518

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

toomevara wrote: »
    Cockerill banned for 9 matches following his utterly ridiculous conduct during the final. I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg for this sort of carry on...

Hopefully Matt O Connor hasn't learned too much from him...

toomevara wrote: »

Delighted for him. He was acting like a child, and clearly wrong.

He was on the sideline swearing at and abusing officials repeatedly in clear view of the cameras and the story that dominated headlines was Hartley. So at least justice is served somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Both Geordan Murphy's and Matt Hampson's books will give you a flavour of Cockerill's character. I know its not the Willow Park U-11s he's dealing with, but still he reads as a bit of a thug. The Tigers team he played in were like the crazy gang.

9 matches is a good marker to lay down, bit too much lip from him and Mallinder and Richards and a few others lately

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Both Geordan Murphy's and Matt Hampson's books will give you a flavour of Cockerill's character. I know its not the Willow Park U-11s he's dealing with, but still he reads as a bit of a thug. The Tigers team he played in were like the crazy gang.

9 matches is a good marker to lay down, bit too much lip from him and Mallinder and Richards and a few others lately

I've encountered him a few times and he's been a gentleman. But some people are very different on the field/sidline I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Larbre34 wrote: »

Interestingly, it was one of his celebrated front row team mates, Dorian West, that was criticising him for his behaviour.

Advertisement