Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester Tigers v. Northampton Saints - Premiership Final

Options
  • 25-05-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭

Leicester: 15 Mathew Tait, 14 Niall Morris, 13 Manu Tuilagi, 12 Anthony Allen, 11 Vereniki Goneva, 10 Toby Flood (c), 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Jordan Crane, 7 Julian Salvi, 6 Tom Croft, 5, Geoff Parling, 4, Graham Kitchener, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Logovi'i Mulipola
    Replacements: 16 Rob Hawkins, 17 Fraser Balmain, 18 Martin Castrogiovanni, 19 Ed Slater, 20 Steve Mafi, 21 Sam Harrison, 22 George Ford, 23 Matt Smith.

Northampton: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Ken Pisi, 13 James Wilson, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Jamie Elliott, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Lee Dickson, 8 Samu Manoa, 7 Tom Wood, 6 Phil Dowson, 5, Christian Day, 4, Courtney Lawes, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Dylan Hartley (c), 1 Soane Tonga'uiha
    Replacements: 16 Mike Haywood, 17 Alex Waller, 18 Tom Mercey, 19 Ben Nutley, 20 GJ Van Velze, 21 Martin Roberts, 22 Ryan Lamb, 23 George Pisi.

Date: Saturday, May 25
    Kick-off: 15:00 BST
    Venue: Twickenham
    Referee: Wayne Barnes
    Assistant referees: Greg Garner, JP Doyle
    Television Match Official: Graham Hughes
    Timekeeper: Mike Hamlin
    Assessor: Ed Morrison

Should be a good one. I would've called this easily for Leicester until I saw Northampton in the semi final.

Hopefully Matt O'Connor's Leicester side can win it and he can leave on a high.

Should be a cracker. A fierce rivalry and two in form sides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I hope Rob Hawkins gets on and plays brilliantly. He owes them one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

My cousin and his wife are in Twickers for the match.
    He supports Leicester.
    She supports Northampton.

Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hoping just for a great game with lots of incident. Possibly Northampton's last chance to win some silverware given they're losing the likes of Mujati and Tiny this summer. Can't see past a Leicster win though, too many match winners dotted throughout their team. I'll be watching Croft closely. I think he has a serious shot of getting a shot at the Lions jersey based on the impact his athleticism can have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I've backed Tigers -6 for this one. Too much class for a limited Saints team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Try and a pen in 8 mins. Long day ahead for the saints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Great try, well done Flood.

Yes!

GWAN Niall!

This could get embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Lion hartley and co getting pushed about.

Looking at Twickers being full makes me wish today final was in the Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Really good game so far. Going to record the rest for later. It's Rabo time.

Nicely done Saints, game on.

Salvi lucky there!

He's had a great season

My stream is a little behind...!

Mmmm, little harsh. Lawes had clearly dipped and started lunging into the tackle when Flood was in possession. The sheer impact of the hit made it look worse.

God Lawes has some range, miles away from the tackle then bam smashes him. Think Flood knocks into Coles knee ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Harsh IMO, was already committed. Just unfortunate for Flood.

It'd be mad if Ford came on and won it in his last game for Leicester.

Cockerill making a tw*t out of himself. Nothing wrong with the tackle imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Flood needs to come off for his own safety.

It'd be mad if Ford came on and won it in his last game for Leicester.

Cockerill making a tw*t out of himself. Nothing wrong with the tackle imo

Flood has to come off hasn't a clue where he is.

In fairness he's a passionate coach who looks after his players id imagine most managers would be the same..they just wouldn't go from the managers box all the way to the field and scrap with every ref. But for the players it must be reassuring knowing he's in your corner.

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    God Lawes has some range, miles away from the tackle then bam smashes him. Think Flood knocks into Coles knee ouch.

He's a class player and wonderful athlete when on song. If he could control his discipline more and keep fit, he'd be rated far higher outside of England.

Flood has been playing well.
    Right decision to check him out.

He'll be in that dressing room snorting bath salts to wake himself up. They'll do everything they can to get him back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Foden having a great game

Flood is a huge loss

Bit of a wobble from Ford. Still getting up to speed. Should have been a penalty for Salvi coming in straight from the side just before that.

Great break from Tait. Ha, TT, you jinxed Foden there. Won't want to see that effort at a tackle again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

How Tate isn't in the England squad is beyond me. Anytime I've seen him for Leicester this season hes been brilliant

trouttrout wrote: »
    How Tate isn't in the England squad is beyond me. Anytime I've seen him for Leicester this season hes been brilliant

Cause he's only coming back from injury. Needs to keep playing club rugby for a while putting him back to international rugby will probably result him in getting injured again.

Carrying a ball in one hand. FFS.

His foot is out before he grounded it. Commentators missing that entirely!

• Advertisement

What a tackle.

Advertisement