Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester Tigers v. Northampton Saints - Premiership Final

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Hartley, I mean, he's a good player, but not as good as Best, not nearly as good. He's got clear discipline issues, so why the hell did Gatland pick him

Really bugs me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dorian makes a point there.

You could see Richard Cockerill swearing and blinding at officials the whole way through the first half!

Although there's no way Hartley was calling his own players that!

Cockers went for seconds too which is far worse. Tbh Dowson should of been captain anyway. Sure 90% of players give Ref's all sort of crap during games. But you could tell Barnes was sick of Hartley.

293058_317484131715537_261468689_n.jpg

Abusing a ref could be a serious ban no? Particularly with his record, he wouldn't get much mitigation (aside from saying he is so so sorry at the hearing :rolleyes: )

Here is the sanction: http://www.ercrugby.com/images/content/IRB_Sanctions.pdf

LE – 6 weeks
    MR – 12 weeks
    TE – 18+weeks

Maximum = 52 weeks

A 6 week ban would rule him out of the tour. It would be interesting to see how long a ban would have to be before Gatland says "Ah...no".

How in sweet Jebus is attacking a player far less then telling an official off.

Even if he gets the lowest end ban he's gone for 6 weeks. One would assume that is his Lions tour down the drain so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Nice score

trouttrout wrote: »
    Even if he gets the lowest end ban he's gone for 6 weeks. One would assume that is his Lions tour down the drain so?

Unless the committee decide to let him off without a ban for whatever reason

JP Doyle is basically reffing this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Some of the short bans we've seen this season have been based on a reduction because of "exemplary disciplinary records". Can't see anyone selling that story about Hartley. If they low end is 6 weeks he surely has to get that.

Even if the ban was reduced to 4 weeks somehow I think Gatland would be better off just dropping him. They would be stuck with 2 hookers for half of the tour. An injury to one would be a big problem then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stev_o wrote: »
    How in sweet Jebus is attacking a player far less then telling an official off.

I get what you mean but disrespect to officials has to be stamped out before it becomes endemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

I get what you mean but disrespect to officials has to be stamped out before it becomes endemic.

Too right. I've seen some soccer forums praising this decision already as its got so bad in that sport. Hope Hartley is out of the Lions for sure now.

I'd be surprised if Hartley gets a ban that compromises his Lions tour. It'll be Englishman on the panel, they aren't going to remove an compatriot from a Lions tour.

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical about the whole disciplinary process because of certain other events in the past though.

what a try

Players constantly disrespect officials really.

What a try.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Players constantly disrespect officials really.

What a try.

They certainly don't in the manner Hartley did

I'd go as far to say as the respect shown to officials in rugby is one of the best things about the game

They certainly don't in the manner Hartley did

I'd go as far to say as the respect shown to officials in rugby is one of the best things about the game

Not in the way Hartley did no, but to think that there is some yes sir no sir going on in pro rugby is generally not true.

Imagine if Saints win it, Hartley lifting the cup

I might switch over from the Rabo for that if it happens. That'd be a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Game has to be over now, another try for Leicester....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

No chance of that.

• Advertisement

Rightwing wrote: »
    No chance of that.

Hence having to use your imagination :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Tigers coach giving loads to the ESPN anchor.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭canine

Hartley has previous which will mean he,ll probably get at least the minimum ban irrespective of who is on the judging committee,thats 6 weeks at least ,tour over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

canine wrote: »
    Hartley has previous which will mean he,ll probably get at least the minimum ban irrespective of who is on the judging committee,thats 6 weeks at least ,tour over

6 weeks minimum. Hartley's out. Thank God. I dont rate him as a player and tbh I don't think he's fit to pull on a Lions Jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I couldn't imagine there could be much mitigation for Hartley, I'm pretty sure Barnes warned him for his language at the previous scrum a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

shuffol wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine there could be much mitigation for Hartley, I'm pretty sure Barnes warned him for his language at the previous scrum a few minutes earlier.

If anything they will add weeks for his previous. IMO it will be least cancel out any mitigation in Hartley's favour.

If he is not banned or gets off lightly, it creates a spotlight that the Lions could do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭canine

seemingly Mallinder has said he swore at a leicester player (which he has to say ),this is,nt quite cut and dry yet ,much will depend on video evidence as its hard to see Barnes screwing him considering whats at stake

canine wrote: »
    seemingly Mallinder has said he swore at a leicester player (which he has to say ),this is,nt quite cut and dry yet ,much will depend on video evidence as its hard to see Barnes screwing him considering whats at stake

AFAIK, Hartley swore at the ref and called him a 'cheat'. Unprecedented stuff and he'll get a decent ban if true.

toomevara wrote: »
    AFAIK, Hartley swore at the ref and called him a 'cheat'. Unprecedented stuff and he'll get a decent ban if true.

Ah so you didn't see any of this?

• Advertisement

Ah so you didn't see any of this?

Was listening to it on BBC radio5 live. That was Brian Moore's/Matt Dawson's take on it. So if he's correct..but no I didn't actually see it myself.

Advertisement