Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note €200 at O2 Store Online (€160 with Priority Upgrade code)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If anyone who got one of these doesn't like it I would be interested in swapping an unlocked IPhone 4 8gb for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

If anyone who got one of these doesn't like it I would be interested in swapping an unlocked IPhone 4 8gb for it.

I'll buy your iPhone for 150

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Must have checked O2 online well over a dozen times since Friday!
    Only a handful must have been available...
    Disappointed is not the word but that's the luck of it!
    :pac:

Think of me I paid 629 last may to get one of these on payg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Never has a thread pained me more.

Well not since "€50 for an iphone 5 on vodafone".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

christyden wrote: »
    Think of me I paid 629 last may to get one of these on payg.

Was that not for the note 2? After 24hrs usage, i am totally hooked on this phone watched a high res movie last night and it was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

christyden wrote: »
    I'll buy your iPhone for 150

No thanks, I can get €260 credit from CEX for it, also not interested in selling it either way just a swap would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Was that not for the note 2? After 24hrs usage, i am totally hooked on this phone watched a high res movie last night and it was amazing.

note 2 came out later in the year,i got
    the note 2 at xmas for 599payg on 3.
    amazin phone

• Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Thanks Oracle, the phone arrived last night. The seal was broken on my box and the pen is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

polks wrote: »
    Thanks Oracle, the phone arrived last night. The seal was broken on my box and the pen is missing.

Want to sell?:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

acelt67 wrote: »
    Likewise if any1 needs to know how to update from Ice cream sandwich to jellybean on the note give me a shout.
    it came with 4.0.3 and network updated to 4.0.4 and then 4.1.2

getting it to 4.1.1 or 4.1.0 would be the trick, can't find an O2 or other stock firmware of either and too many warnings about non-stock ones to even consider them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

mine came today, sealed box, all stickers in place, nothing missing, no simlock, it says blue on the box but it definitely is black

i thought it would be a bit smaller and heavier, but it is quite nice anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Just adding my name to the list if people are selling any on, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

it came with 4.0.3 and network updated to 4.0.4 and then 4.1.2

getting it to 4.1.1 or 4.1.0 would be the trick, can't find an O2 or other stock firmware of either and too many warnings about non-stock ones to even consider them

@capt so you wish to downgrade to 4.1.1 or 4.1.0,can I ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Im putting my name on the list as well, if anyone doesn't like the phone PM me and I'll gladly buy it off you :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

acelt67 wrote: »
    @capt so you wish to downgrade to 4.1.1 or 4.1.0,can I ask why?
    :o 'cos I misread a thread on the note II

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

rooting & recovery - update your phone to latest jb (it is important as using recovery on ics can brick it!), dial *#1234#, find correct zip that matches your pda version here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1901191, put it on the micro sd card, turn phone off, press home+vol up and power up the phone, select "apply update from external storage", thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

It's a horrible phone your not missing out on anything. The bad out weighs the good, a second hand s2 or iPhone would be a lot better spend of €200.

Absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It's a horrible phone your not missing out on anything. The bad out weighs the good, a second hand s2 or iPhone would be a lot better spend of €200.

I've had mine for almost a year now with no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have to agree with this.
    Any phone that i miss out on getting for a bargain price is a horrible phone.

Unless of course it re-appears for that price, and i get it. Two things that would make it a brilliant phone.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Any idea when this will be back in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Any idea when this will be back in stock?

From what I've heard it's gone for good. A few people contacted o2, including myself, and o2 said they won't have any more Note's in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Can someone put EXPIRED on this thread, I keep going into it hoping its back for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Just ordered one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

pah wrote: »
    Just ordered one there.

******* **** mother **** and ***** *** **** you.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

pah wrote: »
    Just ordered one there.

How did you manage that?

Please tell me your takin the piss ahh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Please tell me your takin the piss ahh!!

sorry I just couldn't help myself :o

Had I been able to strangle you through a computer screen I would have :D

Went searching for the note and found one in stock in Kilkenny for €599!! For the original not the second! I double checked! Gutted I missed the offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The cover I ordered from phone_mate on Amazon arrived today as did the screen protectors. The cover is very slim line, the back fits onto the phone itself so it adds very little bulk. Would highly recommend for the price paid (£4.83).
    I used 3 screen protectors already to try and get one on right but I can still see a speck of dust and an air bubble under the third one :( But I blame me rather than the protectors which seem good quality)

Advertisement