Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note €200 at O2 Store Online (€160 with Priority Upgrade code)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

My note just arrived this morning, just been playing around with it and very happy with the size and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Insanely gutted I missed this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I will feel like I'm in the 80s with it against my ear. Its huge but I still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was a little worried earlier but mine just arrived! Thanks again Oracle :)

The contents of the phone box were all over the delivery box though and the phone itself covered in fingerprints but there seems to be no sign of any damage to the phone itself. Phone looks great, it's a nice size. Going to power it up in a while.
    I ordered this cover from Amazon. From the seller "phone_mate" on the right hand side. Works out at £4.83 delivered to Ireland. May go for something more robust in the future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Anyone else order on friday (5.30pm) and still waiting on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

manu2009 wrote: »
    Anyone else order on friday (5.30pm) and still waiting on it?

I didn't get a tracking number or anything from o2, but I got a text from home saying it has arrived (I'm out of the country atm). Seems they were shipped very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

Got the Note 1 around this time last year. Super phone all round really.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I didn't get a tracking number or anything from o2, but I got a text from home saying it has arrived (I'm out of the country atm). Seems they were shipped very quickly.

Ya I didn't get a tracking number either, I didn't get one the last time I ordered aswell though and it came the next day.

Talked to someone on there live chat and he said it's still in the warehouse processing and will be another 2-3 days but he didn't seem to know what he was talking about, seemed like a generic answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Those online live chat agents are a disaster, you can tell English isn't their first language and they usually give out some generic answer they probably read off an FAQ list in front of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I ordered my about 7pm on Friday evening, I got it delivered to an O2 shop here in Cork and collected it this at lunch time.

I spoke with Mark on O2's live chat, he asked for me order number and confirmed that it was in store.

The sticker around mine was apart which means that the phone was open prior to me getting it but as of yet I don't have any problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone feels like selling theirs for a similar price they paid for it let me know. Unlikely I'm sure, but no harm trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Anyone feels like selling theirs for a similar price they paid for it let me know. Unlikely I'm sure, but no harm trying.

Good one.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

Got mine today,ordered it at approx 730 fri nite,was nervous as to whether or not I'd get it but the courier delivered it today.
    The seal was broke on the box and it's quite dirty,but I don't give a hoot lol as the phone and all the accessories are brand spanking new.
    Have just updated it to jellybean,and am gonna get myself a flip case for it,any1 any suggestions?
    BTW big shout out and TY to Oracle coz if I hadn't have came accross your thread I wouldn't have myself a brand new note now - for €159.20
    :pac:

I wonder is the seal broken/grubby boxes the reason why they were so cheap? I am not complaining either way cause as you say the phone itself is perfect.

As for a case, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007BZQF88/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the one I ordered (In orange from phone_mate) I also ordered some screen protectors http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00655VFDA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    A few more mentioned in this thread including http://www.amazon.co.uk/GADGET-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-Leather-Wallet/dp/B006BG3TUU/

Grand lindtee thanx for the linx,I was expecting the seal to be intact,but I'm not too bothered at all as the phone and all accessories are new,I can only assume they've been already opened perhaps for show/testing?,hence the low price.
    But all in all a cracking deal that you don't come across to often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I would not worry about the open boxes. I used to work for O2 and if we didn't have display models we would open up a box to show the customer a real one. Could be whats happened here.

Exactly what I was thinking jenno

Stupid question lads, but I assume they're all the same colour (black) ? And also has anyone tried another sim card, are they all defo locked or what ? (you might get extremely lucky and not have to unlock yourself ).

In addition lads, I've read a bit about custom ROMs ect but not much, but . . .
    http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/galaxy-note-n7000/
    Just be careful, I know this is from a year ago and I haven't had much time to read more but I'll just throw the usual advice out there,

Be careful with flashing any ROM on your phone !

The box of mine says that it's blue but it looks black to me!

• Advertisement

@cornflake I can tell you that mine is black and defo not unlocked as I tried a uk sim in it,also I wouldn't be trying to flash it,wouldn't know how - have done the official samsung jellybean update through the phone.

My box said blue too,but it's defo black.

acelt67 wrote: »
    @cornflake I can tell you that mine is black and defo not unlocked as I tried a uk sim in it,also I wouldn't be trying to flash it,wouldn't know how - have done the official samsung jellybean update through the phone.

That's what I would have expected. As for the custom ROMs, they're very good if you find one you like, but if you don't know what you're doing don't attempt it. It's nice that there is a jeeybean update as I don't know about putting custom ROMs on the note as I don't know how well the s pen would work on a custom ROM. There are apps such as "memo" which use the s pen function well but I don't know if the deveolpment is out there for the note.

As I said before I have not had time to read up much, if someone else has advice on the matter please feel free to share.

Likewise if any1 needs to know how to update from Ice cream sandwich to jellybean on the note give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

Thank you Oracle, received mine today, box was sealed and was about to root the phone but decided to try a meteor sim first before going to all the hassle and it worked:eek:

i updated the phone to 4.1.2 first and was going to use this guide to root.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/468786/20130519/galaxy-note-gtn7000-android412-xxlt5-jellybean-root.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

It seems as if mine is unlocked also. Although it could be because 48 use the O2 network

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

seems that my monday morning order will be shipped - they charged my credit card today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

So this deal is definitely gone, yeah?

I don't want to go ahead and buy a much inferior phone for a similar price if this offer comes back again.

@purves seems so - I've been trying since I bought mine to get my bro one but to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Must have checked O2 online well over a dozen times since Friday!
    Only a handful must have been available...
    Disappointed is not the word but that's the luck of it!
    :pac:

Advertisement