Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note €200 at O2 Store Online (€160 with Priority Upgrade code)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Hey guys is this just an online deal?
    Can I go to an O2 store tommrow and buy one?
    Can I get one in white?
    Will they be back in stock??

i've been in store today, they said that they don't have any of them in stock and it is online offer only

i don't think that they will have more in stock - they obviously don't make any money on them (it seems that they actually loosing around 50-100 euro on each piece - but it is my guesstimate only)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

My guess would be they'll have more stock on Monday or Tuesday. If they weren't going to get more in, they'd take it off the web site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Did someone say the S3 is €250 with Vodafone? On bill I presume.....Am I seeing things? Are those MY feet?

If was the sodding Mini!!!! Sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Oracle wrote: »
    My guess would be they'll have more stock on Monday or Tuesday. If they weren't going to get more in, they'd take it off the web site.

I hope your right ! I can't see the phone being sold out that quick! And yes the fact that its not taken off the site is prob a good sign! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

I hope your right ! I can't see the phone being sold out that quick! And yes the fact that its not taken off the site is prob a good sign! :cool:

They were available again this morning ~ 9am ish. If you keep checking you'll prob get one.

AFAIK vodafone have been out of stock of the beam for a while yet still have it on their site, I dunno if o2 would do the same.

They were available again this morning ~ 9am ish. If you keep checking you'll prob get one.

AFAIK vodafone have been out of stock of the beam for a while yet still have it on their site, I dunno if o2 would do the same.

I tried at 09:15 this morning! Gone! Tried 6 times today , to no avail!! Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a horrible phone your not missing out on anything. The bad out weighs the good, a second hand s2 or iPhone would be a lot better spend of €200.

There's also the new Huawei, that's less than €160.

There's also the new Huawei, that's less than €160.

Is that the g5100? Or is there a newer one?

• Advertisement

Is that the g5100? Or is there a newer one?

Yeah the G510 on Voda for €130 (use any old SIM to get the €20 off) or the Y300 on eMobile also €130 but screens smaller. I think both can be unlocked cheap.
    Comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5386&idPhone2=5250

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, you can get it SIM free (unlocked) and dual sim for €148 at DX.com: http://dx.com/p/huawei-g520-quad-core-msm8225q-android-4-1-2-smart-phone-w-4-5-ips-wi-fi-and-gps-black-205761

Yeah the G510 on Voda for €130 (use any old SIM to get the €20 off) or the Y300 on eMobile also €130 but screens smaller. I think both can be unlocked cheap.
    Comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5386&idPhone2=5250

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, you can get it SIM free (unlocked) and dual sim for €148 at DX.com: http://dx.com/p/huawei-g520-quad-core-msm8225q-android-4-1-2-smart-phone-w-4-5-ips-wi-fi-and-gps-black-205761

I'd say the note is better though , don't you?
    Did you get the note on O2?

I'd say the note is better though , don't you?
    Did you get the note on O2?

Oh Gawd no :eek: I never pay more than €20 for a phone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭maidhc

It's a horrible phone your not missing out on anything. The bad out weighs the good, a second hand s2 or iPhone would be a lot better spend of €200.

That is absolute nonsense. The Note is fantasic. I have had the opportunity to play with one upgraded to Icecream sandwich, and to be honest it has 99% of the functions of my S4 with a bigger screen.

Personally I find the screen a bit too much, but it will suit some.

Look the bottom line you can have the possibility of getting a galaxy note for 199! Would you argue? Nope! I really want this deal!

nothing so far... i wonder how many of us keep pressing f5 ;)

for anyone that missed it - they were available for ~2 minutes at 09:32:34

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

m4rkiz wrote: »
    nothing so far... i wonder how many of us keep pressing f5 ;)

for anyone that missed it - they were available for 2 minutes around 9:30

You're joking, did you get one?

IrishKev wrote: »
    You're joking, did you get one?

i've managed to complete checkout and hoping for the best, but as always:

"Please note that this is an automated confirmation of your placed order and not an indication of acceptance. Following processing, O2 reserves its right to reject your order, or accept same by shipping your order to you. "

Fair play, was keeping an eye on it but must've missed it for those few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Seen it in-stock (9:33) but once I clicked on it, it was out of stock !

• Advertisement

Actually m4rkiz did you get the option to pick a colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I ordered on Friday but not sure that I'll get it anyway. €160 is probably a little too low for them to honour it I feel. I got a "we have received your o2 order" email straight away but nothing since. You used to be able to track the orders on the o2 site to see what stage of the process it was at but that function seems to be gone now. Going to delay ordering any accessories or promising my old phone to my son until I actually have the phone in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

it sure is a good deal, wonder will they come back in stock again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

lindtee wrote: »
    I ordered on Friday but not sure that I'll get it anyway. €160 is probably a little too low for them to honour it I feel. I got a "we have received your o2 order" email straight away but nothing since. You used to be able to track the orders on the o2 site to see what stage of the process it was at but that function seems to be gone now. Going to delay ordering any accessories or promising my old phone to my son until I actually have the phone in my hand.
    I have an An Post tracking number for mine so its looking good so far, unless its stopped at the gate.

Actually m4rkiz did you get the option to pick a colour?

no, i guess all available colors are listed separately - like blackberry 9320 - separate pages for silver and red

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Just spoke to the customer service... and the reply was

It was a one day offer and we are in process of removing it from website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

iwantthat wrote: »

Oh well at least I can stop checking in now I suppose. :(

Was that through online chat or did you ring them?

Was that through online chat or did you ring them?

Online chat and the agent was Sophie...

However i spoke to the customer service through online chat 4 times today in total... First 3 times they said, keep checking... last time Sophie said no more...

I am willing to call it a day... Been checking the website since Friday afternoon and no avail... So i guess she is right...

• Advertisement

Online chat and the agent was Sophie...

However i spoke to the customer service through online chat 4 times today in total... First 3 times they said, keep checking... last time Sophie said no more...

I am willing to call it a day... Been checking the website since Friday afternoon and no avail... So i guess she is right...

Yep, just spoke to them again and they say it has been discontinued...

end of story... :-( :-(

Advertisement