Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Trading Cards - Trade Here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Done. Just search it in the groups section or follow the link.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsietradingcards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Got in with one of the very first waves of invites, this whole system is going to be particularly odd, especially with each individual who plays is only ever going to introduce one half of a set into the system. This means that at best only half of the people will be able to complete game badges, or 20% of people will be able to complete them up to Level 5. Hopefully they'll look at the current drop system some more soon. I'd prefer to see each person given the ability to drop the number of cards for a full set per level, and trade their duplicates with others to really emphasise the "trading" aspect - as right now it's more of a "selling" aspect given the current Community Market prices.

Anyway, to the point - have a duplicate TF2 Spy card, looking for CSGO Anarchist or CSGO Balkan!

Seems a bit awkward to trade. I assumed I could just trade it straight from my inventory, but apparently you have to go through the badges and have to trade for what you need, not for what you want to offer to someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'd appreciate a beta invite if anyone has one. SteamID: mikeruurds.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Looking for an invite too, steam id - Dacelonid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Looking for an invite as well The-Joker-Beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'd like an invite to this if anyone has a spare. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Spare invite is now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

I have 2 spare invites if anyone want.
    Got cards for all available games so far.
    Looking to complete my don't starve set if anyone's got Wilson or Wolfgang !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

once you get your 3 or 4 card drops is that it for that game? iv gotten 4 cards from dota so does that mean i wont get any more from the game? if i complete a set will i move onto the next set or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    once you get your 3 or 4 card drops is that it for that game? iv gotten 4 cards from dota so does that mean i wont get any more from the game? if i complete a set will i move onto the next set or anything?

Yeah, it would appear that once you have used up all your 'Card drops remaining', that's it. You will no longer receive any more drops. Ever.

Even after you create a badge from a complete set, the 'Card drops remaining' counter does not reset. Whether this stays the case once the programme exits Beta remains to be seen, but I reckon it will stay as it is.

Badges can be upgraded five times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

DeSelby83 wrote: »

So far, thats all you'll get from playing the game. Have to trade for the rest or buy off the market place. I can see that changing fairly quickly though as its just way to open for abuse. Nice idea but the reality is it'll probably lead to loads of scam trading and people getting screwed over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm after HL2 cards. I've got 4 Portal 2 and one TF2 cards to trade for them.

So, in spending about €14 on these trading cards in the Community Market to level up some badges, I've earned coupons worth about €50 in the Steam Store - including half off Omerta: City of Gangsters (€25), and 66% off Fallen Enchantress (€16.50). Interesting economics there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So, in spending about €14 on these trading cards in the Community Market to level up some badges, I've earned coupons worth about €50 in the Steam Store - including half off Omerta: City of Gangsters (€25), and 66% off Fallen Enchantress (€16.50). Interesting economics there.

Have you gotten any foil cards yet? Those things look pricey!

Nah, none of my drops from TF2 or CSGO were foils. Still a chance in HL2 and Portal 2. Based on the prices they're going for in the market, they seem to be about as rare as Salvaged Crates from TF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've

-3 Invites to Beta (my STEAM ID is in my sig)
    -Small Birds (Wallpaper) from Don't Starve
    -Portal 2 - 2 cards,
    -TF2 - Scout

I guess I'd take any Portal 2 stuff, as I already did Level 1 of TF2 and Don't Starve

When you complete a set and create a badge - you also get a Background wallpaper for that game and an emoticon (which are useless really - when have you ever needed to use "headcrab" in a sentence :P )

The people who live for trading on TF2 servers are at super levels. I seen some guy up at 26 or so, and that's because you can reach Level 5 for each game. ( 5 sets of 9 cards for TF2 = 45 cards worth)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've got 4 Portal 2, and 2 TF2 cards (Engi + pyro) to trade for HL2 cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've

Any chance of a invite?

Steam ID Blobby999

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sent to yourself and EnoaSarpledash whoever that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

I've

-Portal 2 - 2 cards,
    -TF2 - Scout

I guess I'd take any Portal 2 stuff, as I already did Level 1 of TF2 and Don't Starve

When you complete a set and create a badge - you also get a Background wallpaper for that game and an emoticon (which are useless really - when have you ever needed to use "headcrab" in a sentence :P )

The people who live for trading on TF2 servers are at super levels. I seen some guy up at 26 or so, and that's because you can reach Level 5 for each game. ( 5 sets of 9 cards for TF2 = 45 cards worth)

I have 2 chell emoticons and the 'bots' background that relate to portal 2, i also have two half-life 2 cards if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

will trade an an alyx vance card for another HL2 card, except trouble underground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I have TroubleUnderground for HL2, looking for other HL2 other than Alyx, Bring the fight to them or Trouble underground

I also mhave a 75% off serious sam 3 to trade for a HL2 card if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I've

-Portal 2 - 2 cards,
    -TF2 - Scout

It cost more xp per level every ten levels. So 1-10 is 100xp per level, 10-20 is 200xp per level and so on. Wondering what happens when you reach level 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I got my first three trading cards today - I'm already at level 10 and don't really have an urge to complete badges to move up to level 11+. Any reason why I shouldn't sell the three badges (and get about €2.80 at today's prices)? I like the idea of being able to buy a new game or two in the summer sale financed by the free badge drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This'd be interesting alright. If anyone has an invite - davsheep is my moniker on Steam.

Is it only Valve stuff you earn them on?

This'd be interesting alright. If anyone has an invite - davsheep is my moniker on Steam.

Is it only Valve stuff you earn them on?

No, Don't Starve is in there currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

So this is open to everyone now. How many of you are still interested? Might give it a try for the craic (joined the beta, but didn't actually get around to playing any of the qualifying games yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

So, with the SSS ongoing, there must be a lot of cards out there. Are ye all just throwing them up on the market now or what?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately yeah. I just throw my spares up and sell them for 1c below what everyone else is selling them for, and either keep the money or use it to buy a card or two that I'm missing.

Advertisement