Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Trading Cards - Trade Here!

Options
  • 16-05-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Steam Trading Cards is currently in Beta and for those fortunate to be participating now, I thought it might be a good idea to make a discussion for trading.

So, if you have particular cards you wish to trade or spares you want to offload, post here so everyone on Boards.ie can make use of the (already) great spirit of community that exists.

I also encourage those who might know how to get the more rare cards to share their insight! Some people are saying it is dependent on play-time, but I found myself unlocking three cards in less than an hour. So, I am not convinced it is down purely to the amount of time you put in.

Finally, anyone with spare invites to the Beta can post here and let us know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is the only way into the beta to get invited?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What do these cards do exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Is the only way into the beta to get invited?

You can join this group and you will (hopefully) receive an invite to the Beta directly from Steam. Alternatively, those already in the Beta will be given additional invites to get friends to join. This thread can be a source for additional invites to share.
    What do these cards do exactly?

Cards drop randomly (or by achieving certain tasks, I think) in-game; much like items in TF2. You then collect an entire set. An entire set can then be turned into a Badge, much like the other badges already on show with your profile (e.g. Pillar of the Community Badge). When crafting a Badge, you also have the chance of receiving extra gifts, coupons, etc.

It's purely aesthetic, but fun for those who like adding little extras to your Steam Profile.

I have two Trading Cards available to trade.

TF2: The Medic, and The Heavy.

Looking for Balkan and IDF in CSGO. :D

Update: 2x Engineer, 1x Medic, 1x Heavy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have a vengeful spirit dota 2 card. Looking for anything dota 2 really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I've got three BETA invites if anyone wants in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll have one. SteamID is the usual TheSpearman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'll take one too if possible.. Shall pm username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

I'll take one also. PM you my details

Spear wrote: »
    I'll have one. SteamID is the usual TheSpearman.
    Corkfeen wrote: »
    I'll take one too if possible.. Shall pm username.

And they're gone to Spear and Corkfeen. Sorry bveo4q9auk58xl, the third went to my younger brother!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll give you first refusal when I get some invites myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone else with an invite going spare, I'll take it off your hands. SteamID is super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Would like one too if there is any going. I signed up for the beta 2 days ago so if I get any spare I'll post here.

Me too. Steam ID is pablomakaveli.

Ive just keep to seem missing out by a few minutes everytime they're offered.

Never mind. Just checked and I got in :D

I'll give my invites to irishoob, super_furry and pablomakaveli. I will add you now. My steam id is sgtmartymcfly. irishoob pm me you ID.

<edit>Super furry add me. It wont let me add you for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I have 1 beta access left if anyone wants it. Steam ID is Completionist

Got an invite from Completionist. Thanks very much. If i get some ivnvites to give away ill post on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

got some invites still if anyone wants them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Burgo wrote: »
    got some invites still if anyone wants them.

Could I get one if you have them going. Steam id is in my sig.Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jet Black wrote: »
    Never mind. Just checked and I got in :D

I'll give my invites to irishoob, super_furry and pablomakaveli. I will add you now. My steam id is sgtmartymcfly. irishoob pm me you ID.

<edit>Super furry add me. It wont let me add you for some reason.

Doh, forgot I changed my ID to Rob Velocity. Just added you there.

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    Could I get one if you have them going. Steam id is in my sig.Cheers man.

added you but you arent online.

Doh, forgot I changed my ID to Rob Velocity. Just added you there.

K. It shows you as offline too. So you are going to have to invite me to trade.

added you but you arent online.

Cheers dude just went over and accepted it there just now. Thanks again.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Cheers dude just went over and accepted it there just now. Thanks again.

no problem,
    sent it through there.

no problem,
    sent it through there.

Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'd appreciate an invite if anyone has one spare - Steam ID: funkdoggz

Being doing some tests with this system. It would appear that obtaining cards comes directly through playtime. This led me to try something.

I booted up Portal 2. Selected New Game and sat through the start sequence where Wheatley moves your room and you land in the first test chamber. I then pressed ESC (to pause the game) and went to the main menu. I then alt-tabbed. Spent five minutes browsing on Boards.ie and suddenly Steam popped up to say I have a new item in my inventory.

Therefore, I reckon you can 'farm' cards by just leaving the game running, then alt-tabbing to play another game or do whatever other business you need to do.

In terms of trading, I am looking for to trade a 'Trouble Underground' card from HL2 for: G-Man, Gordon Freeman or City 17 Metrocop Card.

Yeah they apparently drop ever 30 mins.

May I suggest a Boards.ie Trading Group on Steam? Would certainly make it easier to send invites to people and trade them. Saves us having to PM Steam usernames everytime.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, I have to go away for a few days, but if any able-minded person can set up a Boards.ie Trading Card Group on Steam I think a lot of people would be very grateful!

Advertisement