Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Travel Scheme posts split from Bus Eireann strike thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

cdebru wrote: »

Do you think GPs would take this for the medical card? Not a hope that is why the government don't hand out medical cards with no expiry date. That is why you have to keep reapplying for one.

Most free travel pass holders are not pensioners they are active people of working age, in fact drivers here can confirm they regularly carry people going to work and coming home from work on the free travel pass.Remember it never expires.

Quite a valid observation here.

The position re the Free Travel Scheme and work related journeys is a little less clear,as there are several instances where a Passholder can work and retain elegibility to use the Free Travel facility.

This ensures that most Drivers can't get too involved in the hugely time-consuming and danger laden process of checking passes.

I asked one youthful individual for a peep at his pass last night only to have him loudly tell me that it was HIS pass and that's all I was going to see of it......

No point in arguing,so I switched off the engine and sat for the 30 seconds necessary for him to come back downstairs and exit the bus with the usual pleasanteries to his Busdriver :P :P :P.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Quite a valid observation here.

The position re the Free Travel Scheme and work related journeys is a little less clear,as there are several instances where a Passholder can work and retain elegibility to use the Free Travel facility.

This ensures that most Drivers can't get too involved in the hugely time-consuming and danger laden process of checking passes.

I asked one youthful individual for a peep at his pass last night only to have him loudly tell me that it was HIS pass and that's all I was going to see of it......

No point in arguing,so I switched off the engine and sat for the 30 seconds necessary for him to come back downstairs and exit the bus with the usual pleasanteries to his Busdriver :P :P :P.

Excellent, a small victory but still a victory. I had a couple of young lads attempting to use a single "pass holder only" pass in busaras the other day. Result was a few minute delay for the geniune passengers, and a confiscated pass to add to the collection.

Long live Zero Tolerance.

Advertisement