Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Stade Francais, Friday 17th May 20:00, SS2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

chris85 wrote: »
    Im on the terrace, never been in there before. Whats it like for the view? Would I need to get spot fairly early to get a view. Atmosphere wise seems like the place to be for games.
    Best option is to stand at a pillar, you're high up enough to see everything, and you're back far enough that the roof of the stand provides some shelter.

Anyone who's normally on the Terrace who has south stand tickets for tonight, bring your voices and cans and convene behind the goal, about a third of the way up.

Prediction: 26 - 17 to Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

It's ok actually, as long as your in 15 mins before kick off it's generally fine. I usually like to be back up a bit.

Great for atmosphere alright, should be hopping tonight!

Great, will be around Ballsbridge and the ground early for a few pints first so will jump in about 20 mins to go I guess. I really dont care where I am as long as I am there.

Looking forward to seeing Mads/McFadden in the centre, many here dont bother rating McFadden but hard to find fault with a lot of his play and not afraid to get involved at the breakdown when required. Lightning quick also.

Nacewa for me also one I just love to see get his hands on the ball, always keeps the other team guessing on what he is going to do. And a hard tackler. Some of the covering tackles he has tracked back and made over the years are just epic. Sorry to see him go this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

A friend in Heineken has told me that they've erected a 2,000 capacity club house down the road infront of the Ballsbridge Hotel with a giant screen and lots of other Heineken media stuff. Great idea for people stuck without a ticket wanting to catch it on a big screen. Horse Show House have also put up a big gazebo and big screens I think.

.ak wrote: »
    A friend in Heineken has told me that they've erected a 2,000 capacity club house down the road infront of the Ballsbridge Hotel with a giant screen and lots of other Heineken media stuff. Great idea for people stuck without a ticket wanting to catch it on a big screen. Horse Show House have also put up a big gazebo and big screens I think.

Sounds good. I would say it will be buzzing around Ballsbridge from 4 or 5 o'clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm on the north side. It always rains on the north side.

*looks out window*

Blue sky and balmy in Dublin 13.

Buer wrote: »
    *looks out window*

Blue sky and balmy in Dublin 13.

Nothing but grey wetness in Dublin 8 atm. :(

EDIT: I'm on the river, so technically I can SEE the northside from here. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Manky weather for today. Well, we've been spoiled the last few weeks, but naturally the few games I'm in the uncovered stands it's manky!

I've my thermals in work with me to put on, I thought I was going to freeze to death in the stands last Saturday, it felt like the depths of winter. :( Considering at the Rabo final last year I got sunburned!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It's ok actually, as long as your in 15 mins before kick off it's generally fine. I usually like to be back up a bit.

Great for atmosphere alright, should be hopping tonight!

There is an opening ceremony at 7.30 so I'd try get there a bit earlier if there are a few of you and to soak up the atmosphere.

pc7 wrote: »
    There is an opening ceremony at 7.30 so I'd try get there a bit earlier if there are a few of you and to soak up the atmosphere.

Will jump into the terrace about that time so. Thanks as didnt realise was a ceremony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Have you any idea if they're showing tonight's match? Did a bit of a search and appears to be only for Saturday's final which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Never driven to the RDS, anyone able to recommend the best spot for parking?

Thanks!

Given that it's a evening match, you could do worse than parking at Serpentine Court. That's the wee parade of shops (pharmacy, cafe, newsagent) just before the DART line on Serpentine Avenue, sort of behind AIB BankCentre.

However, DO NOT park here for daytime matches. While the shops are open parking is for customers only, and you WILL be clamped. The car park is patrolled on match days.

Will jump into the terrace about that time so. Thanks as didnt realise was a ceremony.
    Only noticed it myself this morning when I was checking the tickets, it was on the little leaflet. Have to say so excited no work being done today :D

Jello wrote: »
    Have you any idea if they're showing tonight's match? Did a bit of a search and appears to be only for the Saturday's final which is a shame.

I'll ask for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Blue sky, but windy - cold outside of the sun currently in Dublin 12. Wrap up well this evening, those who are going to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Fine in D4 at the min, supposed to rain after lunch but be ok this evening.

Anyone else on the terrace?
    Im on the terrace, never been in there before. Whats it like for the view? Would I need to get spot fairly early to get a view. Atmosphere wise seems like the place to be for games.

Bear in mind there are 2 terraces. We are always in the one by the dressing rooms. You get to roar the lads onto and off the pitch. But it's the smaller of the two terraces. We're always down the front with a few vertically challenged individuals and they can generally see pretty well as long as they're a couple of steps up and nobody particularly tall steps in front of them. The corner down the far end on the Angelsea side can be a bit obstructed from where we are, but that's about all.

Assuming of course they can get the screens working. They (Heineken, not the Horseshow) had a few TVs set up for the Clermont-Munster game and 5 mins before kick-off none of them were working. I think they got 1 working eventually but I'd given up on them at that stage.
    pc7 wrote: »
    I've my thermals in work with me to put on, I thought I was going to freeze to death in the stands last Saturday, it felt like the depths of winter. :( Considering at the Rabo final last year I got sunburned!

Considering I got sunburnt at the Biarritz game....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Sun is shining and town is buzzing can't wait for tonight.

Gonna chance the big screen at Bewleys Hotel so fingers crossed its showing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Interesting picture of Heaslip in the Herald this morning :D

amsfb.jpg

6 hours and 30 mins to kick off. Time to leave the parents place and start rounding up the troops.

S'not the euro trophy we wanted at the start of the season, but Clermont kicking you out of the big'un is no shame.

Don't think we'll be running away with this tonight. 10 points would be a big result I reckon.

Going to be very strange seeing LaValla playing after cheering him on a lot last year (brother's AIL captain) and may shed a tear when Stan the Man comes off the bench.

Allez les Bleus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

So sick that I'm gonna be working for this. I wish there was a real life ignore button. I just know some b*sterd is going to ruin it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just dropped wife to airport, there was about 6 buses on way out and looked to be full of Stade fans...not sure if all the buses where for stade fans but at least 2-3
    :P

I'll ask for you now.

He's confirmed that will be open tonight and showing the game for sure.

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just dropped wife to airport....

... Session!! :D

Gaaaaaah!!!! Two more hours before I can leave work! Going insane here. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Eponymous wrote: »
    Gaaaaaah!!!! Two more hours before I can leave work! Going insane here. :eek:

Lucky you, I'm here until 5:30. Although I only work in UCD so I'll be down in Donnybrook very shortly after....

Gonna sneak out the door at 3pm, hour training and then gonna buzz down early to soak* up the atmosphere.

*Figuratively speaking, as I don't want to get rained on and I'm off the drink at the mo! :(

I'm on Merrion Sq. Handy for tomorrow! I may just come back to the office to sleep off tonights shennanigans.

Get out of work here in the next hour, zip home, get the Leinster jersey, top and scarf going and get out to Ballsbridge to get the atmosphere (i.e. pints, burger, pints, pints)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Casual Friday means I'm already in my Leinster jersey.

Meeting friends at 5 for grub and pints and then out to the RDS.

Cannot WAIT.

Let the weekend of rugby commence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I just received a very controversial shipment of 18 stade training jerseys for our tag team (Studs Francais), some dirty looks from some Leinster fans in the office once I cracked them open to check all the sizes

Advertisement