Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Stade Francais, Friday 17th May 20:00, SS2

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'd agree with you. I didn't think he stood out too much

he has a lot of attacking promise but he has to learn how to tackle ...... woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

.ak wrote: »
    . . . . when Paris were in for a certain try.. . . . .
    Ehhhh.... who ? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Piliger wrote: »
    Ehhhh.... who ? :D

Its what the french call stade francais

• Administrators Posts: 53,443 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Piliger wrote: »
    he has a lot of attacking promise but he has to learn how to tackle ...... woeful.

I think he's just overly eager to smash someone. Think if he was a bit more patient he'd get more tackles in, rather than running out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

watch the work madigan puts in for the first try.. unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Do Stade have a pink remote controlled car bring out the tee for every kick at goal. One of the more WTF moments I've had at a rugby match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

P_1 wrote: »
    Do Stade have a pink remote controlled car bring out the tee for every kick at goal. One of the more WTF moments I've had at a rugby match

They had one bringing water out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I was in the Northstand too. I thought the atmosphere was cracking when we got going, but for large parts of the 2nd half it was dead, but that's to be expected, t'was cold and the team took their foot of the gas, we were defending in the middle of the park for most of it, so it's not like we could even get a few defending-on-the-try-line chants.

As an aside, the brass band playing at the bottom of the north stand were cracking! Great buzz, had people out of their seats dancing.

I'm always in the North stand, and atmosphere was particularly good last night.....that band.....mighty. I presume it was the same band in the Aviva today - they were just below me. Where did they come from?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

MBolgia wrote: »
    Bought two terrace tickets to the Amlin final this time last year as a treat for myself and my son. Only thirty quid, so delighted to be going to see Leinster. We normally slum it in the North Stand but last night we were in the Terrace.

Awesome craic, great banter, fantastic view and just good fun all night. I'm a convert. The terrace it is for me from now on!
    Hopefully your son wasn't the poor lad we seemed to scare in the terrace near the dressing rooms! :D
    Grimebox wrote: »
    They had one bringing water out anyway
    Yeah the lad controlling it was in front of the terrace got a cheer everytime he successfully got it off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

P_1 wrote: »

They've been using that gimmick the last few seasons I think, definitely saw them with it in the top14 a good while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

They've been using that gimmick the last few seasons I think, definitely saw them with it in the top14 a good while back.

QLD used to do it in Super12. After that they used Bomber the dog. After that they copped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Is this game available to watch online anywhere? I came across a few links on Youtube but they don't have any commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Was there an issue with people getting back into the North Stand for the second half?
    There seemed to be a large gathering of people at the corner of the Grandstand and North Stand from half time until the end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Was there an issue with people getting back into the North Stand for the second half?
    There seemed to be a large gathering of people at the corner of the Grandstand and North Stand from half time until the end of the game.

Think they were watching the big screen and hanging with the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

People were just loving the band. Also you could see the screen, and the bars were right beside there.

People were just loving the band. Also you could see the screen, and the bars were right beside there.

I was wondering if the band had something to do with it alright!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Is this game available to watch online anywhere? I came across a few links on Youtube but they don't have any commentary.

I was wrong, the commentary starts after about 10 mins. Here's the link if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYtmyUCP0rY

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Highlights on LTV, haven't found a full stream anywhere.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchdaytv/#.UZk0rrXvtyY

Completely silly point, but just thought of it... I loved the build up the ERC did for the game. The squad announcements with a bit of background electro/house music was great, really got the atmosphere going. None of this commercial house crap and/or 80s cheese tracks being blared out so you can't actually hear yourself think. Hope the they take a leaf from their book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

It was an incredible evening in the RDS Friday night, and a great day in Dublin on Saturday. I joined in the festivities in Merrion Square and walked with the Clermont fans down to the Aviva. It warmed my heart to see so many Clermont flags with Leinster flags hanging off them. And so many Clermont fans supporting Leinster on the north stand on Friday night... It was a great show from the city of Dublin and the country of Ireland, one which will hopefully see the finals coming back to Dublin sooner rather than later. Also on an aside it was great to see such a great turn out for both matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thought the ERC did a great job all round, the bespoke canopies for the old VIP box, the big banners on the back of the Anglesea to the open presentation rostrum, really made it feel like a different occasion

The fact all the ERC branding is blue really helped it feel like a home game too! :D

Also, did anyone notice Joe and the others crossing over the field and sitting up in the Grandstand for the 2nd half? What's the story with that? Was it because it was supposed to be a neutral venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thought the ERC did a great job all round, the bespoke canopies for the old VIP box, the big banners on the back of the Anglesea to the open presentation rostrum, really made it feel like a different occasion
    The only complaint I'd have is that in both programmes the teams were listed as "probable" teams, and with Joes selection processes that wasn't gonna be guessed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

The squad announcements with a bit of background electro/house music was great

I especially like the fact that they had an English speaker doing the English names and a native french speaker doing the French names, well that was untill we got to poor Waisea Vuidarvuwalu who was just ignored by both of them :D

Yeah that was kinda weird... Why didn't the French speaker just do all of them? From start to finish. They even stuttered on Parisse. :D

I'm never sitting in the Anglesea Stand again.
    Got the Amlin tickets last May and didn't put much thought into them so ended up in Block A staring at the North Stand.
    Packed to the rafters but you feel so disconnected up there.... Can't hear the PA either and whatever it is about the lighting, I found it very hard to make out individual players.
    I now really appreciate my seat in the Grandstand! Far superior, easier to get in and out of, great view and much more comfortable.

I'm never sitting in the Anglesea Stand again.
    Got the Amlin tickets last May and didn't put much thought into them so ended up in Block A staring at the North Stand.
    Packed to the rafters but you feel so disconnected up there.... Can't hear the PA either and whatever it is about the lighting, I found it very hard to make out individual players.
    I now really appreciate my seat in the Grandstand! Far superior, easier to get in and out of, great view and much more comfortable.

Ha, I'm the opposite. I sat in the grandstand last season but moved my ST back to the Anglesea. Best view in the house imo! Altho I sit right down in the front row over the terrace so you get a bit more volume/light.... I'd imagine sitting further back is a bit disconnected yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I think everyone is very connected to their own seats/spot in RDS.

We were in the south stand, normally in the south terrace. We chose to sit directly behind the Paris fans and I'm still hoarse today. Our cause would have been helped if there hadn't been a monumental fcuk up with our banner and flags, which would have stood out brilliantly against the pink, but that's a story for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

.... Can't hear the PA either and whatever it is about the lighting, I found it very hard to make out individual players......

I always sit in the North stand, and can mostly hear the PA grand, but last Friday, I couldn't make head nor tail of what the guy was saying.....I don't think your problem was confined to the Anglesea stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I especially like the fact that they had an English speaker doing the English names and a native french speaker doing the French names, well that was untill we got to poor Waisea Vuidarvuwalu who was just ignored by both of them :D

I was slightly disappointed neither of them took a bash at that chap's name to be honest

Advertisement