Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse slaughtered in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wasn't there suppose to be some sort of licensing\chip system to stamp out cruelty to horses and illegal horse ownership?(in an effort to reduce the number of wild horses on the loose in urban areas)

For example, the owner of the horse could be tracked down and held responsible for the horse's welfare.

Or is this all pipedream stuff? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

gurramok wrote: »
    Wasn't there suppose to be some sort of licensing\chip system to stamp out cruelty to horses and illegal horse ownership?(in an effort to reduce the number of wild horses on the loose in urban areas)

For example, the owner of the horse could be tracked down and held responsible for the horse's welfare.

Or is this all pipedream stuff? :mad:

The problem would be the same as with chips in dogs; it relies on the owner being conscientious enough to do it, contact details are often out of date, and even if you track down the owner all they have to do is say it was stolen/escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

RIP Horse

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

The niece of the owner was on the phoneshow last night. She said that her uncle took good care of the horse and that at night it was kept in a stable. He would bring it out to the same field every day and then at night bring it in to the stable. She said at half 10 her uncle went to get the horse from the field to bring it into the stable as usual and it wasn't there. It was too dark to go looking for it across the fields so he left it. The next morning someone knocked on there door and told them the horse was found dead up at darndale. The woman said her uncle was so upset and crying that he wouldn't go up to see it and instead she had to go up.

If this is true than some sick **** went to the effort to take this horse out of the field with malicious intention. Makes me sick to think that there are people out there with this capability walking amongst us in society. Hope they find the prick and he gets what is coming to him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kylith wrote: »
    How is it inhumane? They get electrocuted which either stuns or kills, and then a spike is driven into the brain to make sure that they're kaput. Any muscle spasms seen are just that, muscle spasms.

I don't fancy doing it right now, thanks, but if I was going to die anyway it'd be one of my top choices.

Well, maybe the animals don't fancy it either. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The first of course, but I am not comparable to an animal like this....

Thats a matter of opinion.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Well, maybe the animals don't fancy it either. :rolleyes:

Well, that's tough noogies for them because we fancy some sausages.

It's the best, cleanest, and most humane system we have at the moment. If someone can think of a better way to humanely dispatch animals I'm sure that people in the industry would be interested in hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

So, its a dead horse with missing ears and genitals.
    I hope it doesn't show up on Donedeal for ''Parts or Repair''. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

omg outrageous disgusting scum of the earth, a cow fair enough, but a horse? They already have to deal with being excluded from the food industry. This is so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Until there is proof this was done by people id be thinking dogs were the culprets. It wasnt there long in any case because the eyes are still intact and they are usually one of the first things to be eaten by the birds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Lack of blood make it look like the horse was a while before a lot of that was done.

Still horrible all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    As disgusting as it is, it doesn't surprise me. I live locally to where it happened (not in Darndale itself), and there are always horses roaming around, half starved, in an awful shape.

Too many scumbags around here don't look after their animals. Then you get some sick fcuks that go one step further (or a lot of steps further) and kill them deliberately.

Sickens me. The people who do things like that should be locked up, but you never hear of people getting anything other than a slap on the wrist for animal cruelty. :mad:

think the guy who threw the rabbit into the liffey, got 6 months? only right.read in the paper before about a guy who threw a cat from the 9th story of a flat complex over and over until it died, apparently he got the $hit kicked out of him in prison over it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I really did not want to see that but yet i couldnt stop myself from clicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cowards

Poor horse

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

CianRyan wrote: »
    I thought this but it looks like sections of the animal were cut out cleanly and the entrails aren't bitten, just laid beside the cleanly cut abdomen.

Definitely looks like it was done for pleasure. This can often be a big step towards a serial killer, they often try it out on animals first.
    though all abuse is deeply immoral,its even worse when animals are tortured/killed by them;they depend on humans to look after them,they have no hope of defending themselves against a tooled up human,and a human is deliberately taking advantage of that vulnerability.
    lets see them take on a human target of their own weight/size/abilities with no weapons-it will never happen,they are cowards and deliberately look for the easiest thrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

It almost looks to me as if someone was going to gut him as in for eating.
    When you gut a deer etc.. you cut around the anus and rectum until it is free from the muscle you also make a cut in the neck and sever the trachea and the oesophagus (food pipe) when you make your cut in the abdomen you can then take all internal organs and entrails out in one.

He wasn't killed there anyway it looks like his carotid artery was cut, the position of his body make it look like he was rolled off the back of a vehicle. I hope the scum if found and brought to justice. He was a nice looking animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I was listening to this last night, it made my blood boil. I have always said that ANYONE who causes harm to an animal should face jail time, it's not a well mind that can do that. If that was done to the horse while it was still alive, those responsible are a danger to society, they're a time bomb. Even doing it when the animal was dead, just for the laugh, should raise some serious eyebrows about a persons mental state.

I can completely understand people not liking animals, but to be capable of that..... no, you're not a good person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Looking at what was done to the horse there was definately a lot done by people
    The stomach is definately cut with a knife as its straight but the damage done on the arse of it was more likely a fox or dog
    It's usually first part a canine of some sort will eat first on a animal
    The head is a strange one and looks like its ear was cut off with a knife
    Some sick bastards about there
    One thing I can't stand is animal cruelty
    Kill an animal straight out with no suffering but torture is disgusting and does take a sick individual with serious issues to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Some better news coming out of this.

5000 euro reward for info leading to conviction.

The sad thing is if even if the filth that did this were caught and prosecuted there would probably only be a small fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 the pimp

this is a widespread phenomenon throughout the uk and the rest of the world where various animals of all shapes and sizes have had their internal organs surgically removed through holes in the bodies, not even a drop of blood has ever been found near any of the animals. this is the first case of it in Ireland i'm aware of although i'm sure it has happened before but undocumented ... I suggest you watch the following video to get up to speed.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRd45ti5x0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

the pimp wrote: »
    this is a widespread phenomenon throughout the uk and the rest of the world where various animals of all shapes and sizes have had their internal organs surgically removed through holes in the bodies, not even a drop of blood has ever been found near any of the animals. this is the first case of it in Ireland i'm aware of although i'm sure it has happened before but undocumented ... I suggest you watch the following video to get up to speed.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRd45ti5x0

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Yeah you need this forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was just wondering when "aliens" would show up..

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Some better news coming out of this.

5000 euro reward for info leading to conviction.

The sad thing is if even if the filth that did this were caught and prosecuted there would probably only be a small fine.

So what you're saying is, it might be better for the culprit to confess, get a small fine, collect the €5k and then walk away with a profit?

the video is 54 mins long you can choose to watch it or not.. i'm not getting into any slagging match with anyone over who what where why or how just presenting you with someone who knows what their talking about. I've only come across this recently enough myself it happens all the time who knows why!

biko wrote: »
    I was just wondering when "aliens" would show up..

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was definitely aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Just a theory/question was it a mare as in could there have been a fol? and they took it out and dumped the horse.

There really are sick fuks out there.

Really if you don't like seeing guts or blood DO NOT LOOK.....

Highly unlikely. It'd be rare for a horse to have a C-section and if it were the case, the incision is in the wrong place, not to mention all the other butcher sites.

I've seen similar cases on the ISPCA site, in which, ears were severed and head collars left on, like this. Maybe coincidence, or, and this may be more far fetched, highlighting a more sinister truth.
    As previously said, there's very little visible but perhaps it was a dump job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

15 posts over a 3 year period and then decide to bring up an old news story of a slaughtered horse.

Bro do you know something we dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

While I would agree that the injuries to the horse's rear and head were likely done by a dog, and that it must have been dead when they occurred, the disemboweling has to have been the work of people.

For one I don't think that a dog, when attacking or devouring something, will make a point of disemboweling it. And as others have said the wound is too regular to have been done by animals.

It frightens me that we share our streets with people willing to behave this barbarically. What's to stop them doing this to another person?

• Advertisement

15 posts over a 3 year period and then decide to bring up an old news story of a slaughtered horse.

Bro do you know something we dont?

its not really an old story is it? I do actually know a bit about this because its happening everywhere all over the world maybe if you hear what Richard Hall says in that video you might educate yourself too about this subject.. I never use public forums except i'm promoting a gig or music but when I stumbled across this today I thought i'd add my 2 pence worth ok bro!

Advertisement