Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse slaughtered in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Wurly wrote: »
    That's not true. The same result can be achieved via shock to the system.

A shock to what system?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

But...but...but...this thread can't be linked to the catholic church or dole scroungers or the public sector.

Wait...

Paedo priests collecting the dole killed the horse on their way back from a job interview for the pubic sector.

I get it now, cool.

AH Response : lol Yore Ma's an Atari Jaguar

On Topic : ****ing disgusting behaviour from whoever has done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

CianRyan wrote: »
    A shock to what system?

The horse's system of course!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

Knine wrote: »
    No sign of a struggle and having worked with horses they are extremely powerful. To me it looks like something was trying to eat it or it was hacked up after it died.

would thankfully have to agree, sick nonetheless

Wurly wrote: »
    The horse's system of course!?

It's central nervous system or...?
    It won't be very effective if its been dead long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Jimmy_Zed wrote: »
    Every half bright horse trader who has ever sold a horse willy nilly to any "shtaary baayssh" fcuktard or underage scumbag should hang their head in shame tonight.

Horses should only be sold to those south of the liffey? Anybody with a D4 accent is fine? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I'm not too sure if it was a person/persons that done this as wild dogs usually will start ripping at the anus part, the ear part i think is from dogs but i'm not 100% sure on that.

Dogs usually attack from the side or rear inflicting non-fatal wounds on various parts of the body. Frequently the skin and muscles in the flank, hindquarters and head will be ripped.

Another thing could be the use of fighting dogs sent to attack the horse. There are numerous possibilities as i would find it strange that a person would cut the ear off a horse, more likely a fighting dog got to that part, but an investigation and post mortem should easily find out if the injuries were man-made or from dogs.

I love horses myself, and to think a human being would do this to a defenceless horse makes me question the savageness of my so-called fellowman.

Horses should only be sold to those south of the liffey? Anybody with a D4 accent is fine? :rolleyes:

Anyone that's not a knacker, don't get so butthurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

As disgusting as it is, it doesn't surprise me. I live locally to where it happened (not in Darndale itself), and there are always horses roaming around, half starved, in an awful shape.

Too many scumbags around here don't look after their animals. Then you get some sick fcuks that go one step further (or a lot of steps further) and kill them deliberately.

Sickens me. The people who do things like that should be locked up, but you never hear of people getting anything other than a slap on the wrist for animal cruelty. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Foal play is suspected...

had to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 galwaygem

Me neither.

But dissect and then eat another animal and there's no issue?

Yeah because killing an animal in as humane a way as possible for food is the same as torturing an animal for no reason other than sadism. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

shanered wrote: »
    Foal play is suspected...

had to do it!

Honestly -what is wrong with you?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

zenno wrote: »
    I'm not too sure if it was a person/persons that done this as wild dogs usually will start ripping at the anus part, the ear part i think is from dogs but i'm not 100% sure on that.

Dogs usually attack from the side or rear inflicting non-fatal wounds on various parts of the body. Frequently the skin and muscles in the flank, hindquarters and head will be ripped.

Another thing could be the use of fighting dogs sent to attack the horse. There are numerous possibilities as i would find it strange that a person would cut the ear off a horse, more likely a fighting dog got to that part, but an investigation and post mortem should easily find out if the injuries were man-made or from dogs.

I love horses myself, and to think a human being would do this to a defenceless horse makes me question the savageness of my so-called fellowman.

If it had been attacked while it was alive, there woukd be blood and signs of a struggle. Chances are this horse was already dead & something tried to eat it or someone decided to get some fresh meat for their dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Yeah because killing an animal in as humane a way as possible for food is the same as torturing an animal for no reason other than sadism. :rolleyes:
    They end up just as dead in the end regardless...

Would you rather a quick and painless death or to be tortured and have lumps of your body cut out until you die?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

Isn't there a very strong link with people who torture animals and serial killers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Would you rather a quick and painless death or to be tortured and have lumps of your body cut out until you die?
    The first of course, but I am not comparable to an animal like this....

Do you wear anything with leather in it? Do you eat meat? Do you eat eggs? Do you drink milk?

Essentially, unless you're a vegan, you'll ingest or use something that's made through a process that can hurt the animal.

Bringing the typical vegetarian argument into this thread is stupid, because it's not about killing an animal for food, it's about sick, meaningless torture, two things which are vastly different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Knine wrote: »
    If it had been attacked while it was alive, there woukd be blood and signs of a struggle. Chances are this horse was already dead & something tried to eat it or someone decided to get some fresh meat for their dogs

It's possible that the horse was already dead before wild dogs (and yes there are wild dogs in darndale) attacked it. The reason why i think dogs are involved is because of the hind on the left side of it's tail was gouged out and it looks to me that it was a dog like a bull terrier or similar that got this part in my opinion.

The chest part that was gouged out as well seems to be from dogs but like i said this is just my opinion but both human and animal could have been involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Magnetics wrote: »
    Isn't there a very strong link with people who torture animals and serial killers?

With smaller animals there is. Going after helpless animals is part of the psychological profile.

The first of course, but I am not comparable to an animal like this....

And why is that, in your opinion?

I don't l know if you mean to but you're almost making it sound like the horse should have been tortured? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Looks like the ears were cut clean off :(

Horrible set of cnuts whoever is responsible for this.

Thanks for the heads up. There is no way I'm looking at those pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Animals killed for food don't have a painless death.

They usually have a sh*t life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Animals killed for food don't have a painless death.

They usually have a sh*t life too.

Being electrocuted through the brain is about as painless as you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

these "people" don't value human life so why would slaughtering a horse bother them?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Sorry, but don't turn this into a class thing.
    No one is saying that only "d4" people can own horses, but realistically, you need money to keep your own. This is fact. Not everyone can afford to keep a horse. I know plenty of people in the horsey world who would simply adore the chance to own their own horse, but it is simply not financially viable for them, and they understand this.

We pay 1500 a month for livery alone for 3 horses. I understand that costs can vary wildly, and there are numerous ways to reduce costs, but my point is, horses ARE extremely expensive, and there's no way around that.
    Buying the animal is just one small factor. You have to factor in feed, farrier costs, equipment/tack veterinary bills (these can be astronomical) as well as a number of other unforseen things that can happen.

I don't give a crap where some is from, so long as they have the will and the means to take care of a horse the way it deserves to be cared for. People buying little Cindy a pony, and then tossing the animal aside when child gets bored/money gets tight. It makes me sick. Some people literally just dump them in the midlands, or leave them to rot in a field somewhere. No empathy, or sense of responsibility towards an animal they CHOSE to take on.

Aaah sorry...rant. Can't even bring myself to look at that link. I just hope the horse was dead was before the pricks mutilated it's poor body

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

And now I suppose,comes the question,"what do we want the gardai to do about it ?", do we ask them to commit a lot of manpower looking into this and finding out who was responsible, or will it be like so many of our imported eagle/hawk slayings or poisonings, where it would seem that very little was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kylith wrote: »
    Being electrocuted through the brain is about as painless as you get.

But it's not actually painless and it is inhumane.

Fancy going through it yourself? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Zebra3 wrote: »
    But it's not actually painless and it is inhumane.

Fancy going through it yourself? :rolleyes:

How is it inhumane? They get electrocuted which either stuns or kills, and then a spike is driven into the brain to make sure that they're kaput. Any muscle spasms seen are just that, muscle spasms.

I don't fancy doing it right now, thanks, but if I was going to die anyway it'd be one of my top choices.

Advertisement