Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "Freeman on the Land" Conspiracy Loon gets locked up for contempt of court

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Biggins wrote: »
    More lies!

Please show ANY charges Ben has made charging €400.
    I shall be notifying him in the morning about these allegations - I'm sure the law will be used to refute them.
    don't be surprised if you hear from his legal team.
    All the best.
    Seriously? You're basically threatening legal action here....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hownowcow wrote: »
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    Up against the wall in the middle of a field with the lot of them!!

Bang! Bang!

One bullet.[/QUOTE]

One?
    Its a line from an old Jon Kenny/ Pat Shortt sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Biggins wrote: »
    I have no problem answering that.
    I have done so many time after speaking to many including Ben.

Ben was invited to speak about the antics of some of the heads of Anglo and other banks that at the time of the Bail-out starting, were up to no good.
    As Ben is involved with another organisation that is challenging the banks and their devastating effect on Ireland - he was asked to speak about this.

From all reports (including journalists), he never stood on that stage and stated ANYTHING about the man and his family.
    He simply spoke about his and his orgs experiences with the Anglo and other banks - then sat down.

Many people have asked others to produce ANY MATERIAL IN ANY FORM that shows Ben spoke in favour of ANY of the Quinn family - a year later, we are still waiting.

Quiet down man, you're getting hysterical. I posted a picture, never said anything about what Ben Gilroy may or may not have spoken about. I asked you what DDI and/or Gilroys stance was in relation to supporting chancers like the Quinns, which you sidestepped.

It was a march in support of and in solidarity with the Quinn family. As my mother used to say "show me the company you keep, and I'll tell you who you are"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Very reminiscent of the synophants surrounding St Lukes in Drumcondra not too long ago. What is it about these men that foster such unquestioning loyalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The DDI website manages to have more lofty ideals and goals than the SF website. Only with even less proposals on how to pay for these things. That's impressive in its own way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

What is it about these men that foster such unquestioning loyalty?

The kinds of charisma that are unique to men made of pure molten bullsh!t?

It is quite the cult of personality Ben has going on, although he fairly puts in the effort to cultivate it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

benway wrote: »
    The kinds of charisma that are unique to men made of pure molten bullsh!t?

It is quite the cult of personality Ben has going on, although he fairly puts in the effort to cultivate it.
    I'd actually love to meet the man because he appears to have some kind of preternatural charm that turns his supporters into the most blinkered spambots, ignorant of fact or context that you'll see outside of Jonestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Epic thread. Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

I don't think you could call Gilroy a freeman. It's true he interprets the law to suit himself but it seems to be purely selfish chancing and not based on ideology. Now and again he gets lucky and happens to be right and then he and his followers use this to vindicate the rest of his bull****.

He does seem to leach of the freeman movement a good bit too but again I'd say that's purely for selfish reasons. My big issue is with the way he manipulates others into following him. His "beat the banks" bull**** particularly. Who knows how many people have followed his advice and are currently screwed.

Robbo wrote: »
    preternatural charm

I think it's more a bullheaded conviction in his own correctness in all matters. Tends to sweep along those who know no better.

Have seen him after getting his ("client's") ass handed to him in a high hat but still braying on to his entourage outside the court about corruption and the judge's wrongfulness in law.

Because, of course, a High Court judge with at least five years of academic training and twenty years in practice at the bar and on the bench would be completely outmatched by the legal prowess of Ben Gilroy, who up until a couple of years ago was working as a sparky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

SB2013 wrote: »
    I don't think you could call Gilroy a freeman. It's true he interprets the law to suit himself but it seems to be purely selfish chancing and not based on ideology. Now and again he gets lucky and happens to be right and then he and his followers use this to vindicate the rest of his bull****.

He does seem to leach of the freeman movement a good bit too but again I'd say that's purely for selfish reasons. My big issue is with the way he manipulates others into following him. His "beat the banks" bull**** particularly. Who knows how many people have followed his advice and are currently screwed.

All these freemen interpret the law to suit themselves. They might get some sort of respect if they didn't A) always use this crap to try and get out of speeding fines/points etc. and B) also refused to accept Social Welfare payments and the like, which amazingly enough they are happy to recognise the State then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that as he refuses to answer to the court under his name, he should not be given free legal aid, or any social welfare.

If he has his estate under one name, and doesn't want to be called that name, is he giving up his right on his estate, and thus give his brother complete control of the liquidation of the estate, but still be liable to any money he still owes after the estate has been sold off?

that there...an anti government protester told me they were living "off grid"...yeah but you have to go back on grid once a week to get your dole you f**ing clown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I am not a number, i am a free man!

*cue music from the Prisoner and get chased by a big white ball*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

All these freemen interpret the law to suit themselves. They might get some sort of respect if they didn't A) always use this crap to try and get out of speeding fines/points etc. and B) also refused to accept Social Welfare payments and the like, which amazingly enough they are happy to recognise the State then.
    I have seen an amusing thread over on a Freeman board where it was decided that all dole money is the result of a trust set up at your birth and therefore it's perfectly OK to claim it whilst not offending your "lalalalala the law does not apply to me" sensibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

All these freemen interpret the law to suit themselves. They might get some sort of respect if they didn't A) always use this crap to try and get out of speeding fines/points etc.

Absolute f*ckology, but it makes for hilarious court cases, albeit at considerable waste of the courts time. Like this genius.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/bobby-of-the-family-sludds-may-be-jailed-27250040.html
    13 SEPTEMBER 2011

BOBBY SLUDDS, Bobby Oliver Sludds or Bobby of the family Sludds - call him what you like, a blizzard of legal paperwork could not stave off two motor insurance convictions and a series of fines imposed on the man from 11 Ballagh Cove in The Ballagh last week.

And Sludds faces a decision on one final piece of legal paperwork as he was given seven days to sign bonds binding himself to the peace, or else face seven months in jail.

The prosecution was brought by Garda Michael O'Grady against the colourful and articulate defendant for offences committed in The Ballagh during April and May of last year. However, before the Garda could give his evidence, the accused handed in a letter and stated that he was not Mr. Sludds. He also queried the use of the word 'person' in the charge, to no avail.

He said he was not Bobby Oliver Sludds - whom he described as 'a fictional entity' - and preferred to be known as Bobby of the family Sludds. Judge William Early accepted this and marked the charges 'also known as Bobby of the family Sludds' before using this form of address throughout the rest of the proceedings.

The case continued, with the judge taking time to read a number of documents handed up to him by the accused. He also heard Bobby of the family Sludds, who came to court with at least eight supporters, quote passages from 'Black's Legal Dictionary'.

Garda O'Grady told how he first came across a blue Honda Civic bearing the registration BS PFN in Ballinamona on April 28 last year. The driver pointed a camera at him, when he approached. Insurance, motor tax and NCT summonses followed against Sludds who told the officer at the time he was a 'free man travelling, not driving'.

Michael O'Grady reported that that BS PFN appeared to stand for 'Bobby Sludds, Private Free Man'. A more conventional registration plate, 91 WX 3554, was in the back of the Honda.

Further summonses were issued after vehicle BS PFN was seen on the road once more a few weeks later on May 19 at Castle Ellis. The Garda turned on his blue flashing lights and followed the defendant to Ballagh Cove.

The accused refused to supply name or address and again said that he was ' travelling'. However, he did admit that there was an engine in the vehicle and a steering wheel in his hand. No evidence of insurance cover or driving licence was ever produced.

A various stages during the hearing, the accused described the prosecution case as negligent and the Garda testimony as falsified. He said he felt that the force was conspiring against him. He applied for an adjournment to allow him produce video evidence. When this application was unsuccessful, he called for trial by judge and jury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Absolute f*ckology, but it makes for hilarious court cases, albeit at considerable waste of the courts time. Like this genius.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/bobby-of-the-family-sludds-may-be-jailed-27250040.html
    It's like a sketch from Monty Python.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What an absolute clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

As my mother used to say "show me the company you keep, and I'll tell you who you are"

Did she always add: "...& you can quote me on that!"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I take it a "Freeman" is someone who doesn't recognize the authority of the state or does it mean something else?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On one hand I agree with him, in that I never signed anything to agree to the laws of man, I didn't choose to, so why should I.
    Just a reminder of what the word outlaw originally meant.

It meant you were outside the protection of the law. No one would get prosecuted for killing you etc.

The law is a package deal , you can't pick and choose which ones suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Robbo wrote: »
    I have seen an amusing thread over on a Freeman board where it was decided that all dole money is the result of a trust set up at your birth and therefore it's perfectly OK to claim it whilst not offending your "lalalalala the law does not apply to me" sensibilities.

I was wondering how they were going to justify that one.

The only person I know in real life who spouts on with all that Freeman nonsense is on the dole. He chooses his words carefully about that so he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Great stuff.
    Genuinely lmao here at this stuff.

Proper freemen are truly insane. They believe your birthe cert is basically traded on an international stock exchange between countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Christ biggins really went full retard!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

lol

Absolute f*ckology, but it makes for hilarious court cases, albeit at considerable waste of the courts time.

My absolute favourite is the one where they think that when the judge rises they can shout "man overboard" or "abandon ship", assume authority and dismiss all proceedings. Because, y'know, the court's a ship, it's got a dock and everything. Or something. About 16 seconds in to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9GUvTGkWg

Meanwhile a bench warrant is being issued for our brave Fremen hero, but hey.

Of course, if they really knew the deal, they'd realise that Judges are High Priests of Baal working under Canon Law, and they only pop out to their chambers to resablish the primacy of admiralty law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxaN__ENefs
    Beware when dealing in Common Law within a Bar and Maritime court of today. You'll soon enter full Maritime Admiralty after the bar (man overboard) then after this the big guns of magic arrive being the High Priest of Baal working under CANON LAW. The Judge had now increased his Ecclesiastical and Sacramental power and become a Practitioner of Baal (Zeus) through ROME. This is the very in depth further stages of the battlefield getting closer to defeating this foe firing magical curses and spells but also highly dangerous times where you may slip up.

Ever wonder what the real reason is that a Judge Runs Out of the Court Room?

"Your Honor I am a Living Being. The Flesh lives and the Blood flows.
    I ask humbly for Remedy."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It is amazing how certain people on this thread and certain people being spoken about have already shown they do not agree with the laws of this state, yet they threaten those very laws upon those they disagree with.
    Puzzled..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Have you asked him if he was/is a freeman. An if not then why not?

Have a look at this, and note 1:59 and 3:39, if you didn't already see it, which I would find it hard to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Mrcj8hpNS6w

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/30/business/global/irish-legacy-of-leniency-on-mortgages-nears-an-end.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0
    DUBLIN — Ben Gilroy, one of tens of thousands who over-borrowed in the giddy property boom that preceded Ireland’s economic collapse, has made no mortgage payments for two years. But he says he does not worry that he will lose his home any time soon.
    He blames his plight on “criminal activity by the bankers” and “stupid” policies by the government
    he has no hope of paying off the €310,000, or $398,000, loan on the four-bedroom house in Navan, north of Dublin, that he shares with his wife and three children.
    He admits he was naïve in not checking the repayment terms on his mortgage, which he sought in a hurry to buy the house he coveted in 2008, a time when newly listed homes were often being snapped up within days. But his borrowing was not reckless, he said, adding that he had accepted a loan with high repayments on the basis that he could switch after six months, something he discovered too late was impossible.

• Advertisement

darkhorse wrote: »
    Have a look at this, and note 1:59 and 3:39, if you didn't already see it, which I would find it hard to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Mrcj8hpNS6w

http://freemanireland.ning.com/video/ben-gilroy-on-tv3-24-02-2012?commentId=3214356%3AComment%3A345894&xg_source=activity

"Are you on your oath?"

What an idiot. Typical freeman phrase that's his taken on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement