Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel Fishing In Cork

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Browndog82 wrote: »
    Anything being caught down in Cobh direction at the moment? Thinking of going down there as I live nearby or would I be better of in Myrtleville/Fountainstown?( Fishing for Mackerel or anything else that bites!!)

Get ur ass down there boy the whole harbour is stuffed with them but they are fairly small but good fun all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Browndog82 wrote: »
    Anything being caught down in Cobh direction at the moment? Thinking of going down there as I live nearby or would I be better of in Myrtleville/Fountainstown?( Fishing for Mackerel or anything else that bites!!)

was in cobh tonight, had 10 to go home with. lots of people with blanks. deffo not as much there this week compared to the huge breaks last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi lads

Whats the best bait for Mackerel I have tried feathers and shiny silver hooks no luck though and everyone else was catching except me!

What am I doing wrong?

1st time fishing in 15 years btw

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mystickey

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hi lads

Whats the best bait for Mackerel I have tried feathers and shiny silver hooks no luck though and everyone else was catching except me!

What am I doing wrong?

1st time fishing in 15 years btw

Yeah it can be frustrating it's happened to me too but it's happened vice versa too so you could be having "one of those days"

Just cast out as far as you can and pull back at a steady pace jigging the line ,once the fish is hooked pull your rod and keep the tension on the line

Have a look at the tide times and water temperature I've noticed that around 13-14 deg they tend to be around the surface and at higher temperature they tend to be at lower depths

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

noting down cobh there the last few days really but a few of us where down there last week and caught about 300 between us the place was hoping.anyone no any good spots in cork at the mo other than cobh?

• Advertisement

noting down cobh there the last few days really but a few of us where down there last week and caught about 300 between us the place was hoping.anyone no any good spots in cork at the mo other than cobh?

Off the bridge in kinsale and rocks around kinsale are some good spots

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mystickey

Anyone caught anything last week around Cork. all reports have dried up and how would you rate the fishing this year

mystickey wrote: »
    Anyone caught anything last week around Cork. all reports have dried up and how would you rate the fishing this year

The buddy was out in the harbour yesterday and said there is still loads of mackerel around inside the harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

realrebel wrote: »
    The buddy was out in the harbour yesterday and said there is still loads of mackerel around inside the harbour

Down in Cobh yesterday, had a few before high tide but nothing afterwards. Good few people fishing, few been caught around but no big bucket fulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Hi all
    The Fridge at home is starting to get low.
    The last time i was out, nearly couple of months ago in Ballycotton

What is the story with the macks now.
    Planning to go again, to stock up.

Any one catching and where
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi all
    The Fridge at home is starting to get low.
    The last time i was out, nearly couple of months ago in Ballycotton

What is the story with the macks now.
    Planning to go again, to stock up.

Any one catching and where
    Thanks again

Was out pollock fishing around Roberts cove on Sunday and had plenty of mackerel aswell so they are still around
    A few lads using feathers were getting full houses every cast too

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Planning to go out this weekend.
    Where are the macks being caught now.

Im thinking of going to Ballycotton.
    Any place nearer to Cork city, where there are being caught at the minute

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Planning to go out this weekend.
    Where are the macks being caught now.

Im thinking of going to Ballycotton.
    Any place nearer to Cork city, where there are being caught at the minute

Thanks

Off the pier in rosscarbery, lads on the pier said there was a load caught last night and i landed 7 tonight, rosscarbery is likely too far for you

Off the pier in rosscarbery, lads on the pier said there was a load caught last night and i landed 7 tonight, rosscarbery is likely too far for you

Try paddies point in ringaskiddy by the naval base they were there recently

Advertisement