Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ennis woman gets 6 month driving ban for parking in disabled spot

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^^^^^^^^
    I would leave a note under their wiper and it wouldn't be a pleasant one.
    There would be a word that rhymes with "tanker"
    Plus a promise that their car would be covered with egg, especially nice on a hot day.
    Failing that, a 4x4, a chain wrapped around their suspension and tow them out into the middle of the road. The Gards would be out in a hurry, though maybe not, since they don't seem to be bothered about anything in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

^^^^^^^^^^
    'Banker'?!?

That's cold dude.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

^^^^^^^^^^
    Plus a promise that their car would be covered with egg, especially nice on a hot day.
    You haven't thought this through, have you? :)

endacl wrote: »
    'Banker'?!?

That's cold dude.

:P

Now, now, let's not say things we can't take back! ;):eek:

Anan1 wrote: »
    You haven't thought this through, have you? :)

Nah, feck that, I'd leave them a note with my name, address and phone number.
    When they come mouthing off, I'd have a great time pissing them off till steam comes out of their ears.
    Or, here's a thought, you know that arsehole neighbour? (everyone's got one)
    Just put his name and number on it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Walker34 wrote: »
    A neighbor has a disabled parking bay and people regularly park there sometimes for hours without a disabled badge. The person regularly has to park streets away as a result and stumble home. The clampers never come without her specifically ringing them and usually its at least a day later before they do. In most cases the offending car has moved . I only saw cars being clamped on 2 occasions and that was after a full weekend.

In many cases people will park with the boot of the car well in over the line but the rear wheel on the line. This is not by accident as there are other spaces at the time , its intentional and it seems to be the same cars that do this on a regular basis. The effect is the same as if they parked fully in the bay as its a very busy road and people seem to go berserk if there is any impediment to their progress. The effect is that the bay is rendered unusable by the intended user. Its territoriality I guess.

That's absolutely disgusting! :mad:. Can't the poor neighbour call the Gards to get the cars moved? And don't the council have powers to ticket/clamp?? (as per OP)

Advertisement