Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭zocklie

A lot of people tipping clarke, such good odds too on a course that should suit him.

I'm going heavy on koepka, he has the pedigree and he's at decent odds for major. I'm not sure about scheffler, his putting stats worry me, but from the looks of the course, putting will be the least of the challenges there this week.

Some small bits on hovland and hatton given recent form. Thought the odds for JT were a bit large, think he's still hurt just not talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Cantlay to break his major duck this week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, putting is not a big key to winning. Being a good lag putter is enough and Scottie is really good at that. Thing is he hasn't been consistently bad. He just had two bad weeks and at the Memorial where he had a terrible putting week he was still only a shot out of the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I like Hovland for the win but not at 14/1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any of ye use tools / sites to make informed decisions? I've started using datagolf, and one person that jumps off the page is russel henley, seems to be trending quite well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Clark going great guns here - cheers for giving him a mention @eagle eye 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Have €2 on him on BF, do I cash in for 20 or has be a middling chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What price did you back him at?

Hard to believe you’re considering accepting at 9/1 payout on him. That’s a brutal offer for a man 1 shot off the lead if you got him at a very high price

Ride it man, I'm getting a sizable cash out and I'm all in. I have him e/w top 10 tho

jayzus, not a clue on that one, Mac 🤣

know nothing of this game - use on here (or Palmer) for when i feel like a bet 😋

I'd let it ride, meself....

could ya lay off a bit on exchange @ ~6.4 (currently) instead of cashing it all in?

I've him ew (along with ~ten others 😄) so happy to watch and retain 'value' hehe

:)

• Advertisement

Backed @100 on BF. It's a brutal offer to cash in now but I'm wondering on a golf level has Clark a chance or not? If he has a genuine shot, I'll let it ride so just looking for golf opinions tbh

Clearly has a good shot. Don’t be cashing out

low scoring so far early on in last rnd,, chanced Cam Smith @ just over 9/2 for top five finish,, not expecting much, but if pressure gets to a few of the ones in front of the Aussie, then who knows?

Gwan Clark!

😊

Great shout on Clark, hope you had a nice bet on it 👍️

laid Clark at a few ticks under 6/4 ~midpoint in round

took a few seconds (as normal in-running) , but went unmatched...

.... thought i cancelled (pretty sure i did) that unmatched one... laid him again at a few ticks bigger, but still south of 6/4, for a bit less,,,

,,,turns out BOTH lays went matched 😒

farrk me ! tightened over 60% of us <future potential> win profits,, originally was set on 'giving back' ~30% of possible winnings for to guarantee profit regardless, and would've been happy enough if i lost out on 30/35/40% of 'winnings', whatever, but jayzus, not the flippin' majority of them !

ya, i were a bit cowardly laying him (think was 1 shot up at that stage) , but i thought 'fekkit' , why not?? still be making a nice bit at 40s

ah well

/rant over

😆

We have the Travelers this week. You'll need a lot of birdies to win this week.

The prices are very skinny on the favourites with Scottie again at 13/2 or thereabouts and then Rahm, Rory, Cantlay and Schauffele all 12/1 or lower. Out of that group I think Schauffele is the most suited to this event but the price is too low.

Instead I'm looking at others at bigger prices who fit the bill.

The key stats this week are approach play, putting, around the green and scoring average.

I see that Wyndham is playing and at the price he is I can't resist backing him again. I understand he might have a Major winning hangover but he might also be focused on pushing on to make the top 10 in the world rankings, he's up to 13 now.

Ricki Fowler is up there in all those categories so I'll add him.

Tom Kim is up there in all but putting and he putted well at the US Open. He looks like he is rounding back into form and his two wins have come on courses where you have to go low, -20 at the Wyndham and -24 at the Shriners. -19 won this tournament last year.

Finally I'm doing the rookie Ludvig Aberg. I may have mentioned him a few times but in my opinion he's the most pro-ready kid to come out of the NCAA system since Jon Rahm. This course looks tailor made for the young Swede and he's a huge price. He was tied 25th on his professional debut at the Canadian Open the week before last and earlier in the year finished tied 24th in the Arnold Palmer this year while still an amateur.

So my team for the travelers is Clark, Fowler, Tom Kim and Aberg.

No sign of Palmer's Picks on RP today

Ian Wilkerson is the picker, and he goes with picks for two tourneys,

give his recommendations , prices etc, for the two comps, for anyone what's interested

John Deere Classic

Russell Henley - 2pts ew 16/1 BF/PP 14/1

Emiliano Grillo - 1.5pts ew 28/1 BF/PP 28/1

Lucas Glover - 1pt ew 66/1 Hills 50/1

Made In Himmerland

Adrian Otaegui - 2pts ew 25/1 365 22/1

Ewen Ferguson - 1.5pts ew 33/1 Hills 28/1

Oliver Wilson - 1pt ew 55/1 Corals/Lads 40/1

Jeff Winther - 1pt ew 100/1 Coral/Lads 66/1

done each way singles and ew cross doubles - all with BF.. Eight places a fifth on offer for John Deere , and seven places for MIH..

prices in bold above are what I got

GL

The John Deere is a strange one. You get first time winners and players who haven't won for a while.

I like Christian Bezuidenhout, Patrick Rodgers, Mark Hubbard and Michael Kim.

Lumping on leona maguire for the us open

don't think Leona did too well in the end - she were high up in leaderboard methinks at one stage

unlucky there

Áine Donegan, the 21yo Co Clare amateur, was goinge savage for a long time - her day'll come I suppose 😊

Palmer's Picks

not backed them yet.. will decide later.. likely prices long gone , but they usually are - I'll quote them anyway:

Scottish Open (st 7.15am tomorrow)

M W Lee 2.5pts ew 33/1 gen (Best Bet)

L Herbert 2pts ew 55/1 365 (Next Beste)

T Oleson 1pt ew 160/1 gen

G Forrest 0.5pt ew 300/1 BF, Hills, PP

M Jordan 0.5pt ew 200/1 gen

Barbasol Championship (st midday tomorrow)

V Norman 3pts ew 22/1 Spoils (Best Bet)

T Pendrith 3pts ew 16/1 Hills (Next Best)

C Champ 2pts ew 35/1 Coral, Lads

good lucke 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

whats the PTS mean?

Essentially, it's just not naming how much he is putting on.

To that person, 1 point may be €10 (lower expectations) and 5 points would be his max bet then (i.e. €50)

Sorry for being late.

I did Hatton, Clark, Scott, Rai and Lombard in Scotland. Lombard loves links golf and I'm happy with a place, he hasn't won on the European tour. He's still only 28, massively talented. Injuries have held him back.

In the Barbasol I did Glover, Kuest, Streelman and Schmid.

Who ye got for the open?

As always, on rory, hoping to finally see him get over the line.

Also e/w on fleetwood, kim, and burns. Might get one more down before the weekend, but seems the most open open in a few years, wouldn't be suprised if someone came from nowhere to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mcilroy win only.

a few at big prices ew -

Taylor Moore 300/1

Y Paul - 350/1

Thomas Detry 250/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

MacIntyre €5 e/w @ 50/1

Harman €5 e/w @ 90/1

Might throw €50 on Mcilroy after Day 1 for a win if he is a few shots back odds now aren't great as he won last week. Although I do think its his in the bag..

I don't think you can rule out Scheffler. He putted well in Scotland and he'll be confident after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Seamus power 470-1 win only

Padraig harrington 220-1 win only

Each way

Harrington 125-1

Power 250-1

Lingmerth 350-1

Tristan lawrence 450-1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

On Rahm outright, Hovland & Nicolai Hojgaard top continental Euro & Ferguson top euro

• Advertisement

I did a few decent bets and a few very, very small ones.

So Morikawa, Tom Kim, Wyndham Clark and Brian Harman are my main bets.

Then Rasmus Hojgaard, Kurt Kityama and Thorbjorn Oleson.

I can't believe the price of Harman.

Advertisement