Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The worry with harman is that they have lengthened the course and he's not very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Fleetwood Top 10 & Harrington Top 20 were decent value and got my few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

+ 1

Had a nibble on Harman @ 100/1.

I suppose it's because he so rarely wins. He's just playing too solid atm, and he's holing out really nicely. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

good picke Harman 😊

tees off 08:47 tomorrow :

don't know who he's playing with; will hope conditions are as clement tomorrow morn as they were this one ⛳️🤣⛳️

#GwanBrian

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have to stop betting on players that I like and actually bet on players that are in form

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Harman flying. Great shout on here !

I actually just went all in on him and betted with my head for a change. Hopefully he keeps it up! 100/1 was serious odds

"wind is picking up"

lovely jubbly - a nice 5 shot bufferre Brian has atm, with Spieth (thru 9 holes) and Rozner (thru 2) in joint second spotte atm

😀

could well be that no one gets any closer to the leader than they currently are - might even see his lead stretched come end of today's play!

#letthewindplayamok

Gwan Brian!

sterling pick from numberre one posterre on here - the bullishness!!! : "can't believe he's 100/1!"

lette that one go down in ye annals if Harman wins 👊☺️🙌

long way to go, but looking v good 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Another thread ruined by the **** incessant waffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

4/7 Brian Harman 5 shots ahead before the big boys start round 4 is real value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I knew he was draining the putts but that's something else. "he hasn't missed a single putt from 10 feet or less all week. Not one."

Gwan Briany Boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Great shout on Harmon, got him @170 on BF albeit only a €2 bet. Traded out a bit on Saturday morning but still a decent win

Biggest bet I ever won! not that I bet much but thank you Brian Harmon well played sir 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Manhatton

Nice one @benny79. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm hoping to do the Tiger slam now. 😁

Hopefully I can keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone got anything ryding on the Ryder?

I've gone big on Aberg for top European rookie. Also covering that with Hojgaard and Straka to be top European scorer and a couple of request-a-bets:

Tommy Fleetwood Top Euro Pts Scorer & Europe to win Ryder Cup & Koepka Top USA Scorer

Viktor Hovland Top Euro Pts Scorer & Europe to win Ryder Cup by 1-3 Pts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

I would have likes a bet on the singles tomorrow for an interest. But am I right in thinking if the result gets done early, the other games might just agree a draw and not finish out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Might be worth asking in the shop beforehand. Probably one of these that if it meant your bet wins it be null and void and if your bet would be down it is still down and thanks for your money

• Advertisement

I'm on Aberg, Cole and Grillo in the Sanderson farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

Genesis Invitational

Tiger Sun Day Red fashion show taking place this week. Taylormade be keen on him to make the weekend. As golf fans we'll be hoping his body is in condition required to compete again.

Zalatoris gets the pick for this tournament as his course form is good round here mixed with his new found putting stroke since his comeback from injury may be enough to be involved in the places Sunday evening. Form since comeback has been excellent but slightly patchy over the 4 days of each or the tournaments he's played in.

enjoy the tiger show

Most important thing is greens in regulation so max bet Scottie.

Without him Homa looks like he's just rounding into form and has four consecutive top tens, including a win.

Wyndham Clark looks dangerous and Christiaan Bezuidenhout is a very live outsider in my opinion.

Outside of them Morikawa can't be dismissed and Adam Scott's putting has improved a lot so he could be involved.

Zalatoris on fire in the first round, good call eireyiddo

Could be a big day for Willy Zee and his broomstick putter on the final day in Riviera. Should be an entertaining finish either way.

My god how good was that by Hideki? kinda knew the field were in trouble when he had that possessed stare on the tee boxes and starts flag hunting. Anytime he wins it’s always stress free, just flushes everything. Hard luck for Willy Zee but his games so close. He’ll be a force in all the majors with the way he hits it mixed with no more jittery 2foot putting misses. All in all a place prize for Zalatoris and witnessing a magical round like that from Hideki I’ve had worse Sunday evenings.

After that, and with how quick he's improving, my pick for the Masters at this stage is Will Zalatoris.

Mexico Open

Finau loves a performance in Mexico but I just can never be keen on him even with an excellent record round here.

I thought Stephen Jaeger was impressive in the Farmers few weeks back and came off with the right attitude after coming 3rd to a fabulous performance by pavon saying he played every shot not worrying of the outcome. Looked chilled throughout the final round joking wit kids as he walked from hole to hole too and played some great approach shots mixed with clutch putts. He’s had big increases in distance this year also and I think he can go well here.

Michael Kim was equally impressive in the American Express and could also be involved.

it’s a hard field to call and maybe Finau can win his 2nd in 3 years but i think there better value in the field

Finau's odds are ridiculous, he's not consistent enough to be that short.

Jaeger Isn't a bad call. Kim is just a little inconsistent for me but it's a possibility, he's improving all the time and he knows how to get it done when in contention.

I've been looking at some others though. Doug Ghim has had top 15's in his last two tournaments, the Farmers and Phoenix.

Davis Thompson is a big hitter and he's coming to this with some form, a tied 15th in Phoenix from the wrong side of the draw in the first two rounds.

Brandon Wu has played twice around this track leading to finishes of 2nd and 3rd. He's also played Puerto Rico twice, also Paspalum greens, and finished 3rd and 7th. He's had a shaky last couple of weeks but has been consistent without ever threatening to be a serious contender over the last six months.

Finally a live outsider is Parker Coody, he's a huge hitter off the tee and he has good iron play which helps a lot around this track.

So Ghim, Thompson, Wu and Coody are my four picks.

Honda Classic

bear trap rarely spits out a fancied winner

sneaky feeling for Ben Griffen to go well and Christian Bizedenout.

shane Lowry went close the year straka won it wit some great putting on final round.

alway a good tournament to watch this one

• Advertisement

I'm on Bezuidenhout, also got Cole, Straka and Kirk.

Advertisement