Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Taylor Montgomery EW in the Phoenix for me

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Any bets down for the USPGA?

I've backed Finau & Homa each way. Depending on how they go, I might look at putting down a few quid in play on Saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 37,665 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've a big each way bet on Rahm.

Then without the big three I've got Finau, Im and Wyndham Clark.

I feel Finau is only behind Rahm and Scheffler as far as form is concerned right now.

Im is statistically the best player over the last three years on the PGA tour on courses that measure over 7200 yards.

Clark finally got his first win two weeks ago and I'm expecting him to climb the world rankings fast after that. How he won was impressive. I listened to his interview after the win and he was very open and honest and talked about the mistakes he made when in contention before and how he leaned from them. He said he slowed himself down, learned to be emotionless instead of carrying his heart on his sleeve.

That was a big tournament, outside of Scheffler and Rahm all the top players were in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Koepka win 22-1

Homa small ew 40-1

Homa is an interesting one. He's played better this year on Bermuda greens, three top tens since the Genesis. Last year he had no top tens outside of the Wells Fargo, which he won, but that was played on bentgrass last year, back on Bermuda this year.

Now he's back on bentgrass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How many places were Paddy Power paying in shop? Is my e/w on Conners screwed after a terrible round?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Was Harrington top senior ? Had a little bet on him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

He was, only himself and Phil made the cut - Harrington +7, Phil +10

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mulligangolf

Anyone brave enough for a top 10 on Michael Block

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Would be more lumping on the miss cut

Min woo lee this week

70-1 each way 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

homa gotta have a good chance winning this week , sniffing around the top of leaderboards seems like every week and just not getting the breaks.

sheffler is ridiculous price to win all considered

each way seems be way to go and my 3 picks are Justin Suh, Sept Straka and Beau Hossler

mad max to make his warmup for us open a victorious one

I did Finau, Rose, Bezuidenhout, Kityama and Reavie.

Not going so well.

I like the Homa pick, I was close to doing him but didn't. He's going okay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I saw on Twitter a few quoting pre tournament odds of 4/6 for Block to miss the cut, that's hardly true is it? I was thinking 1/5 or shorter would be more appropriate. I'd have jumped on 4/6

I saw 1/3 on bet 365

Canadian open starting tomorrow

shane Lowry showing glimpses of good form over last couple of tournaments although he seems to struggle doing it over the 4 days. In the weaker field he’s got a great chance of nicking the win

mcilroy is the defending champion each side of the cancellation of the tournament for 2 years due to Covid so it’s safe to say he knows how to win here. Surely in this depleted field he’s got a big chance although his form has been poor lately especially when he gets a sniff of the top of a leaderboard worryingly. Hard to fancy him on current form but it’s mcilroy and he might be about to explode

outsider that I think could surprise a few is Akshay Batia. The south paw is well able to go low and that’s what will be required over the 4 days around this course

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭zocklie

Its a new course and mcilroys only played 9 holes on it in practice FYI

Theegala for me @ 25 and first round Leader @40

Post edited by finglashoop on

• Advertisement

I’m glad I went off him this morning before I seen this. Cheers for the heads up all the same

I went for Mackenzie Hughes and Justin Rose for frl.

Gone with Hatton, Burns, Conners and the amateur Aberg for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Block putting in good shift - 3 under for the day leaves him at +2 after fourteen holes

squeaky bum time for those on him to miss cut 😲 hopefully most ignored the skimpy 1/3 odds offered....

followed folk here in on Theegala ; 2 under for the day a good enough score (not that one could watch earlier rounds on "Golf" Channel 😴😒😓) atc; will hope he comes with wet sail tomorrow :)

3 over thru fifteen

leader at -8

looks like short odds backers for ye cutte miss will collect on Mr Block

looks like +2 be the cutoff point here - with 99 players currently on a better score

Block at +2 thru 16 holes

still in balance that 'buying money' Block to Miss Cut bette 🤗

What are you on about? Nobody said they backed Block this week to miss the cut which he still did anyway by three shots

my bad @CSWS101 - only noticed that after i posted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hatton looking a good bet for next week. Good scoring at the Canadian Open which would have a similar setup to the US for tight fairways and deep rough

• Advertisement

My team for this week is,

Scheffler, max bet and wire to wire, putting doesn't look too important. SG off the tee, total driving, SG approach, scrambling, bogey avoidance. He's ranked no.1 in three of those categories, no. 2 in another and 8th in the other.

Day, again highly ranked in all those categories. For me he's the big danger to Scheffler.

Hatton, inside the top 20 in all the categories mentioned above and has been rounding into form nicely over the last few weeks. Having Bo on the bag looks like it's helping him.

After that I'm looking at Wyndham Clark who has been coming back into form after he slowed up for a couple of weeks following his first PGA tour win.

Max Homa's record in California has to be taken seriously.

I think I'm going to add those two.

Frl, I'm doing Scheffler, Day, Rose and Conners.

Advertisement