Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Ulster Rugby v Llanelli Scarlets, Rabo SF, Friday 10th May 2013 19:45

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Game totally died for the last half hour there as the contest was over.

Diack really good again as were both wings and RP and JP just silky smooth.
    I think the game died in the last 30 minutes but I think that was because of more ten minutes in breaks between two inuries at 47 and 49 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Diack has to go on the summer tour. He's been great all season.

Anyone know what happened to Roger Wilson? Is he injured again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So I had Ulster at -11, disgusted.

errlloyd wrote: »
    So I had Ulster at -11, disgusted.

Join the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

molloyjh wrote: »
    Can anyone, anyone, explain to me why Davies is in the Lions squad? There's 3 outside centres and one inside centre. So what the feck is Davies doing there ahead of another inside centre!? I honestly don't get it.

AFAIC see the only thing he actually does well is tackle and run straight with the ball. More of a six than a 13. Only there because he's Welsh tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As a neutral I thought it was a poor game to be honest. I thought Ulster were better but Rolland and his touch judges helped them along big time. They were awful and I'm normally an admirer of Rolland.
    Ulster have no chance if it's Leinster they meet in the final.
    I'm sorry if this is too negative but it's as i see it.
    I wouldn't get too excited by Nick Williams either,he's very average imho.

Why would you think that?

Ulster have beaten leinster home and away this season and are almost back at full strength now.

As for Big Nick being average - i think he might have won a little award last week;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,428 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »

Ulster have beaten leinster home and away this season and are almost back at full strength now.

As for Big Nick being average - i think he might have won a little award last week;)

Or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Have to agree. Ulster probably erred in moving the final to the Aviva though, seems like a really dumb move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Rightwing wrote: »
    Have to agree. Ulster probably erred in moving the final to the Aviva though, seems like a really dumb move.

It's in the RDS but they had too....Ravenhill can't hold the 18,000 that is required for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

It's in the RDS but they had too....Ravenhill can't hold the 18,000 that is required for the final.

That explains it, what's the capacity of Ravenhill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ulster beat an understrength Leinster in Ravenhill and misfiring Leinster who were probably a bit weak, particularly in the backs in the RDS. I think it will be a different story now that Leinster are just about firing on all cylinders. The fact that it is in the RDS may just be what changes the result. It will be a cracker of a game in any case.

That said, we still have to make it to the final. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

As a neutral I thought it was a poor game to be honest. I thought Ulster were better but Rolland and his touch judges helped them along big time. They were awful and I'm normally an admirer of Rolland.
    Ulster have no chance if it's Leinster they meet in the final.
    I'm sorry if this is too negative but it's as i see it.

HAHAHAHA. Who is this guy? Nick Williams has been one of the stand out players this season. He won player of the year and hes average?... oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Your about 8 MOTM awards too late to warn us he is very average.

Info here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=capacity+of+ravenhill+stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

Cuurently 11k but 18500 after refurbishment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Very impressed by Ulster tonight. I was especially impressed by their handling and I like the way the teams main ball carriers are looking to break their arms free in the tackle and looking to offload or even on the ground how quickly the ball is placed back.

Robbie Diack MOTM for me.

I fancy Ulster for the title after that against Leinster. But really I think it is going to come down to the small margin of whether Ulster take their full 50% allocation and Ulster having next week off is a massive advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Davies was shocking tonight. He can't pass. It was the same against Ireland in the 6Ns and tonight, he just throws the ball into touch too often. Olding and Cave had him in their pockets all night. If he starts ahead of BOD in June I'm supporting the QWs.

North was poor, Id say Bowe completely did him for his try but the truth is Deccie Fitz (well played tonight son) good have scored that such was the tackle attempt by North.

Ulster played very well for about 40 mins. In truth they probably had the game won too early and left a bit in the tank.. Anyway over to Leinster now to make it an Irish derby in the final. To be honest Id rather we played Leinster. Forget the two league games the Ulster lads will feel they owe Leinster one after the HEC final last season. It would be a cracker and the atmosphere would be electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Has anyone got a clip of the Trimble - Williams incident? I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rabo, the legends, uploaded it nearly real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Trimble guilty of instigating, Williams shouldn't have reacted like that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I don't know what Trimbles gripe with Williams was. The commentators were so biased it was incredible saying Trimble got hard done by. In reality he deserved the few punches that came his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Dirty stufffrom Trimble. No excuse for that, should see a ban, no question....

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

its_phil wrote: »
    Very impressed by Ulster tonight. I was especially impressed by their handling and I like the way the teams main ball carriers are looking to break their arms free in the tackle and looking to offload or even on the ground how quickly the ball is placed back.

Robbie Diack MOTM for me.

I fancy Ulster for the title after that against Leinster. But really I think it is going to come down to the small margin of whether Ulster take their full 50% allocation and Ulster having next week off is a massive advantage.

Yeah really impressed at how they presented the ball when in contac ball was immediately available and allowed play move along quickly. Really allowed Ulster very good possession for attack. That area of their game will be contested better by either of today's semi finalist, Scarlets were in fairness very poor but you can only beat what I in front of you! Bowe coming into great form!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Dirty stufffrom Trimble. No excuse for that, should see a ban, no question....

They should both see a ban. Ridiculous carry on from both of them.

Rolland is still living off his reputation from 4 years ago. He has become decidedly average as a ref since then. Quite frustrating.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rolland is still living off his reputation from 4 years ago. He has become decidedly average as a ref since then. Quite frustrating.

Agreed, what he was letting go last night at the ruck was partly to blame for that altercation. I hope he doesn't ruin the heineken final

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Agreed, what he was letting go last night at the ruck was partly to blame for that altercation. I hope he doesn't ruin the heineken final

Well at least theres one good thing about Rolland. He's Irish so he will never ref our teams in big games (Ireland or H Cup).

I know the Ulster big wigs are particularly pleased about that!

Well at least theres one good thing about Rolland. He's Irish so he will never ref our teams in big games (Ireland or H Cup).

I know the Ulster big wigs are particularly pleased about that!

Still, give me rolland over pointe anyday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Still, give me rolland over pointe anyday ;)

Not if you are Welsh! Wouldn't say Rolland is to popular in Wales!

CGD wrote: »
    Not if you are Welsh! Wouldn't say Rolland is to popular in Wales!

Based on one decision.

Pointe it's consistently inconsistent in all his games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

You think Trimble should be banned? Ive never taken you for a WUM before IBF.

Advertisement