Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

You can get Rockstar in Iceland, a euro a can.

I'll be buying several Red Bulls today. Fell asleep around 4am, up at 7 and have to go to work soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

This is a day for fishing folks
    Lets do this sh!t fcuk yeah :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Id give anything to be on a beach doing some beach casting right now!! roll on saturday!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

i havent been fishing in years.i just cant justify the price of a brown trout licence.they used to be so cheap and now they even want u to throw the fish back after they're caught

i havent been fishing in years.i just cant justify the price of a brown trout licence.they used to be so cheap and now they even want u to throw the fish back after they're caught

ya i havent fished the river in a long time either! try get down the coast a few times a yr to do a bit!! the shannon license for limerick district is gone crazy at the moment! its over 100euro and loads of restrictions on where you can fish, how you can fish etc. and its catch and release this year as far as i know too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Come on lads. Let's be kids.

super-soaker-50.jpg

PEW PEW

I had that exact one!! the ultimate water gun :p haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Jayziz, the maxi dress are out in force today!

Licence on the dodder is only 10 quid for the year
    Can't argue with that and its still considered one of the best wild trout rivers in Ireland
    I just came back from mullet fishing
    Way too hard to fool them fish and we only seen 4
    So gonna go up to manor Kilbride instead and il ask herself if she wants to come with me

I want to murder my company owner. He just came back from holidays, and came into me in town, making accusations against me, saying I was doing x, y and z in work when I wasn't. he said people saw me and that I was on cctv. he went into detail, so I called him out on the inconsistencies, and he changed his story but still insisted I did these things and he has no reason to lie. I'm ready to walk out. Ended up taking my break two hours early because I'm so angry I'm likely to punch a customer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To put it politely, sounds like the company owner is being a massive dick.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I want to murder my company owner. He just came back from holidays, and came into me in town, making accusations against me, saying I was doing x, y and z in work when I wasn't. he said people saw me and that I was on cctv. he went into detail, so I called him out on the inconsistencies, and he changed his story but still insisted I did these things and he has no reason to lie. I'm ready to walk out. Ended up taking my break two hours early because I'm so angry I'm likely to punch a customer.

Would it be very nosey to ask what he accused you of?

Would it be very nosey to ask what he accused you of?

Stupid sh!t like taking extra breaks, ignoring customers and using my phone. I pointed out that my sales wouldn't be fantastic if I ignored people, I'm not on camera ignoring anyone cause I'm lovely to my customers, I use my phone for work related calls or texts only, unless I'm on a break (I even offered my phone to him for him to check my logs), and I pointed out that I take twenty minutes of a break when I'm entitled to an hour.

Funnily enough, my area manager, who is the owner's cousin, is impressed with me, so has upped my hours by 35% this week and next week, and has me working in town now. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mint ice-cream = best ice-cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Angron wrote: »
    Mint ice-cream = best ice-cream :D

White Magnum = best ice cream! :cool: :pac:

Stupid sh!t like taking extra breaks, ignoring customers and using my phone. I pointed out that my sales wouldn't be fantastic if I ignored people, I'm not on camera ignoring anyone cause I'm lovely to my customers, I use my phone for work related calls or texts only, unless I'm on a break (I even offered my phone to him for him to check my logs), and I pointed out that I take twenty minutes of a break when I'm entitled to an hour.

Funnily enough, my area manager, who is the owner's cousin, is impressed with me, so has upped my hours by 35% this week and next week, and has me working in town now. :pac:

You should ask to see the cctv footage and watch him squirm.

You should ask to see the cctv footage and watch him squirm.

I texted him asking for it this evening, no response. :pac:

marty has also been too busy to text me much today, so I'm sad. :pac:

Think I'm gonna go to the shops, get something for dinner and flake out for the night before work tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Can't wait to hear what happens when the egg hits his face Lyn!

January wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear what happens when the egg hits his face Lyn!

I doubt anything will happen tbh.

I'm considering taking my folks up on their offer of paying fees for me to go to uni full time instead of part time in September. They offered to give me a couple of hundred euro a week to survive on, too, because they're proud of me for going back to college, but I didn't want to take it, I'd rather work full time and go to college part time so that I'm not costing them thousands of euro for my first couple of years. But at least it's a back up option.

I'm going to contact NERA and ask them is there anything I can do in relation to the money I'm owed, the accusations, the fact that i don't have a contract, and the fact that CCTV is only allowed in jobs for security purposes, when he openly admits and has shown me logs of him watching it just to see how long we spend in the bathroom and how many people we stop. :mad: I doubt there's much I can do, from my unprofessional knowledge of employment law, as I'm only there five months, but can't hurt to ask anyway. :)

My mother has the fire on AGAIN tonight. If this continues I will soon melt! :o

• Advertisement

Does she have no circulation at all? Cause I dunno how anyone could stand having a fire going in this weather.

Angron wrote: »
    Does she have no circulation at all? Cause I dunno how anyone could stand having a fire going in this weather.

Either do I, it's frigging boiling!! Hahaha.

Either do I, it's frigging boiling!! Hahaha.

I feel your pain! My gran's house (I'm dog sitting) has the heat constantly on, and I have no idea how to turn it off. :pac: I've had all the curtains closed, but windows open all the time to cool it down. :pac:

Still didn't get rid of the smell of old people, Marty commented on how it smells like old people in my gran's house last night. :pac: Then started inspecting mine and my family's childhood photos. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Jaysis H Christoff, Lyn... if that were me, I'd have told them to shove their job up their hole by now.

jenizzle wrote: »
    Jaysis H Christoff, Lyn... if that were me, I'd have told them to shove their job up their hole by now.

I'd rather stick with a shítty job than be unemployed tbh. Unemployment is fcuking depressing!

I'd rather stick with a shítty job than be unemployed tbh. Unemployment is fcuking depressing!

Yup tis indeed, you'd be me then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I would scrub toilets at this rate. It's not just money, I like having something to do. Especially since it motivates me to get of my arse and do something the days I am free.

I would scrub toilets at this rate. It's not just money, I like having something to do. Especially since it motivates me to get of my arse and do something the days I am free.

Tbh, I wouldn't scrub toilets. When I worked in a fast food place, I had to do that every night at around 6am. I vomited while doing it, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Never again. :pac:

Really have a pain in me bollox doing all this work and others standing around doing fcuk all
    I swear I'm gonna go for a managerial job in here
    Be some shock if I got it
    I'd have everyone doing something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Evening folks,

Busy day for me, finished off by a nice drive then a walk along a beach why cant Ireland be sunny all the time :(.

Also counted my change jar today 1,000 euro in it happy days :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement