Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

.....yet!

Ever. :) Marriage isn't something I'm bothered about. I'd do it if the bloke wanted it. Otherwise, wouldn't bother. Kids - I don't particularly want them, and more than likely can't have 'em, although accidents happen. I might keep one accident, but no desire for marriage or kids. I'd be more likely to demand someone go on holiday with me than marry me or get me up the duff. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I got married when I was 21.Bought our house when I was 20.4 kids,2 dogs,1 cat and multiple exotic pets later Mrs Hellrazer is still putting up with me!!!!!

Ah here, I'm only just 21! :P No kids or marriage for another 8/9 years for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

January wrote: »
    26 with three kids... It's about time I made some sort of commitment to him :p He's approaching his mid 30's lol.

As someone approaching their mid 30s, I resent this remark! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Feck now yer making me feel old!!!!

Am I really starting to sound like the father of a 26 year old....I should ban you for that comment!!!

But you won't because you're good like that, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm 21 and in no rush to get married, not sure if I ever want to get married full stop. A friend of mine got engaged a while back...only going out with the fella for three months at the time. I presumed being so young it would be a long engagement but no, they have the venue booked for later this year. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah here, I'm only just 21! :P No kids or marriage for another 8/9 years for me.

Looking back that's something I used to say (and I know some of you will more than likely puke on your keyboards when I say this) but honestly when you meet the right person and you can honestly see yourself spending your whole life with them then those ideas / thoughts go out the window.

Ah feck, I'm definitely putting my foot into my mouth a lot tonight.

I tease him because he's older! 35 is not old! I'm not even 26 til next week :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ever. :) Marriage isn't something I'm bothered about. I'd do it if the bloke wanted it. Otherwise, wouldn't bother. Kids - I don't particularly want them, and more than likely can't have 'em, although accidents happen. I might keep one accident, but no desire for marriage or kids. I'd be more likely to demand someone go on holiday with me than marry me or get me up the duff. :pac:

I think I'd like to get married at some stage and have a couple of kids, but like I say definitely not until I'm approaching 30. If it happened before or unplanned I'd obviously step up and be a (hopefully) good dad but definitely not something I'm planning!

Looking back that's something I used to say (and I know some of you will more than likely puke on your keyboards when I say this) but honestly when you meet the right person and you can honestly see yourself spending your whole life with them then those ideas / thoughts go out the window.

D'awwww, that's so sweet. :)

Still doesn't make me interested in marriage, though. :p I can be with someone for life without marrying them. Except for tax purposes, I'd get married to get better tax credits. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

But you won't because you're good like that, right?

Im on the fence with that one!!

• Advertisement

Here you will you ever accept my friendship on the Miiverse...I have no friends :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm 21 and in no rush to get married, not sure if I ever want to get married full stop. A friend of mine got engaged a while back...only going out with the fella for three months at the time. I presumed being so young it would be a long engagement but no, they have the venue booked for later this year. :eek:

Couple of friends of mine got engaged at 15/16. It was a long engagement but they've been together ever since. Couple of sprogs as well.

It's weird. I'm 27 and I've never even considered either.

Here you will you ever accept my friendship on the Miiverse...I have no friends :(:(:(:(

That's because you're old and married :P

I love when old people try to be "with it" :P

That's because you're old and married :P

Feck off.

Its a sad day when you are relying on a fecking Wii for a social life!!!

Orim wrote: »
    I love when old people try to be "with it" :P

Whats this??Take the piss out of hellrazer night.Im not even that old..Im only 38 ffs!!

You lot forget who has the power here!!!!

Feck off.

Its a sad day when you are relying on a fecking Wii for a social life!!!

Ah it's ok. I don't have any miiverse friends either. It might be because I don't have a WiiU though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have no desire to get married myself just never appealed to me and if I ever did I would certainly not be getting married in a church just not for me.

Im fast approaching 30 :( first time ever I have not been looking forward to a birthday, but still in no rush kids or the likes but eventually would like some. There no way at 21 would I have been able for kids could barely look after myself at that age although I guess if it happens you just have to step up to the plate and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Couple of friends of mine got engaged at 15/16. It was a long engagement but they've been together ever since. Couple of sprogs as well.

It's weird. I'm 27 and I've never even considered either.

I do believe that people can get engaged young and stay together and I wish her and her fiancé all the best, I do. But I feel you can't fully know someone after three months. When they get married they will only have been together just over a year. I also don't get the rush. I know other couples in longterm relationships who plan to marry in the future and I can see them getting married myself but they feel no need to get engaged or married right now. Then again I'm a cynic who has only ever had one longterm relationship and don't really see the point of marriage (not that I have anything against people who do get married, each to their own and that) so what do I know. :P

Whats this??Take the piss out of hellrazer night.Im not even that old..Im only 38 ffs!!

You're a young'un! The way you said Mrs. Hellrazer is still putting up with you I thought you were in your 60's!

• Advertisement

Feck I am old...I remember that being at number 1.

Have no desire to get married myself just never appealed to me and if I ever did I would certainly not be getting married in a church just not for me.

Im fast approaching 30 :( first time ever I have not been looking forward to a birthday, but still in no rush kids or the likes but eventually would like some. There no way at 21 would I have been able for kids could barely look after myself at that age although I guess if it happens you just have to step up to the plate and get on with it.

Actually had the 'church/registry office' debate with the mother the other night. She insisted that when I get married (which I have no real plans to do!), I have to get married in a church. I said if I ever got married, it'd be in a registry office. She said that it's 'not legal in the eyes of God and you'd be living in sin.' I pointed out (once again) that I don't believe in any god, and I'm hardly a bloody virgin so the living in sin thing is out of the equation and she slowly went slack jawed and just said 'Oh.... yes... okay then, whatever you want.'

:pac:

You're a young'un! The way you said Mrs. Hellrazer is still putting up with you I thought you were in your 60's!

Well we are married 17 years this August.

It's only because we care... please don't ban me.
    I do believe that people can get engaged young and stay together and I wish her and her fiancé all the best, I do. But I feel you can't fully know someone after three months. When they get married they will only have been together just over a year. I also don't get the rush. I know other couples in longterm relationships who plan to marry in the future and I can see them getting married myself but they feel no need to get engaged or married right now. Then again I'm a cynic who has only ever had one longterm relationship and don't really see the point of marriage (not that I have anything against people who do get married, each to their own and that) so what do I know. :P

I'm much the same especially regarding the marriage. As eso said, probably the only reason I'd be really pushed on it is for tax credits and other legalities.

But I do think that with the right person you can get a fairly good idea of the person very quick and just know that you fit together. Obviously this means you means that you have to be able to look past the initial flutters of lust and attraction, which very hard to do. But I still don't get marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

So you are suggesting that being the weaker animal is sound advice then?
    No it's not. A dog growling or snarling at you is no excuse. It is a DOG and we are its masters. You back down and you are showing full weakness and he will remember that and will treat you differently.
    Worst thing you can do is show a dog weakness.

Dogs snarl/growl for other reasons than displaying aggression. I find it unsound advice to suggest challenging a dog you know little about and would have put Killer in a very compromising situation.

It sounds like you follow the dominance theory which has been largely refuted by the majority of people working with canines - including the man himself who first suggested it.

No such thing as being a master to a dog, it's about understanding the animals behaviour and why it acts like that. Dogs do NOT have to do what we tell them, as you said, they are dogs, they have their own mind and will let you know that if you push them beyond their boundaries.

Veterinary surgeons are trained in the medical profession and only briefly touch on behaviour patterns of animals. I've worked alongside many also. They are not the wisdom of knowledge regarding all things animal.

I never suggested that Killer display "weakness", I still stand that you NEVER challenge a dog how you suggested and am confidant that every member of CAPBT would be of a similar mind.

Well we are married 17 years this August.

That's fantastic. You never really see marriages lasting that long nowadays... it's a pity. My mum and dad will be married 26 years in August too, I was born out of wedlock :p

I'll be having a civil ceremony in the hotel. No churches here either... although I will admit to having my children baptised because it's easier to get into school when you're baptised.

Actually had the 'church/registry office' debate with the mother the other night. She insisted that when I get married (which I have no real plans to do!), I have to get married in a church. I said if I ever got married, it'd be in a registry office. She said that it's 'not legal in the eyes of God and you'd be living in sin.' I pointed out (once again) that I don't believe in any god, and I'm hardly a bloody virgin so the living in sin thing is out of the equation and she slowly went slack jawed and just said 'Oh.... yes... okay then, whatever you want.'

:pac:

I think your my sister.I remember the first dirty weekend we went away.My mam hands me a pack of condoms telling me to be safe and not get the girl into "trouble"

My dad nearly dropped dead with even the mention of the word "condom"

Hes still the same now... for some reason you cant talk about sex with him..he just goes red and makes excuses and leaves.

He has a company that does pumps and plant machinery and when our first was born she was 12 weeks premature and my wife had to use a breast pump for milk,,,but anyway we were talking about this pump and where to buy it and my dad thought we were talking about the water pumps that he dealt with and tried to find out about this pump so my wife says to him "Its the booby pump for the booby milk for the baby"--well the poor man almost had a heart attack on the spot at the word booby.

Now despite all this I caught him and my mam watching "Horny Ebony babes" one night after I arrived home early from a night out.

It's only because we care... please don't ban me.

I'm much the same especially regarding the marriage. As eso said, probably the only reason I'd be really pushed on it is for tax credits and other legalities.

But I do think that with the right person you can get a fairly good idea of the person very quick and just know that you fit together. Obviously this means you means that you have to be able to look past the initial flutters of lust and attraction, which very hard to do. But I still don't get marriage.

Another positive about marriage is the fact that it gives fathers more rights. If the father isn't married to the mother and there's a separation, it can cause a whole world of shít for the father.

• Advertisement

I think your my sister.I remember the first dirty weekend we went away.My mam hands me a pack of condoms telling me to be safe and not get the girl into "trouble"

That looks really wrong.
    Another positive about marriage is the fact that it gives fathers more rights. If the father isn't married to the mother and there's a separation, it can cause a whole world of shít for the father.

Aye although even with marriage a father is still pretty fecked unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement