Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urgh, Phish Food. I hate chocolate ice-cream, I've never liked any flavour I've tried less. Cookie Dough, Baked Alaska, and American Pie flavours are my favourite of the Ben & Jerry's that I've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Scoop it into a bowl... You have some self restraint... I just scoop it all from the tub... nom nom nom...

Probably explains how I got so fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I've just been accepted into the forum mod team for a competitive online strategy game. Minimum age is supposed to be 21, but I'm being taken at 19 as I've been around a few years and shown more promise than any other non-mod forum users. WIN! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cool, what's the game?

Angron wrote: »
    Cool, what's the game?

It's a pretty tiny deal called Tribal Wars. Found an ad for it while playing flash games online about four years ago, and been hooked ever since! WOuld seriously not advise, it takes over your life :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Angron wrote: »
    Cool, what's the game?

You probably haven't heard of it. :pac:

Sorry I had to. Congrats Rho.

Baked Alaska is amazing. I remember I was working in petrol station and for ages one of the ben and jerry's was priced at like 1:50. That was a good couple of months :D

I'm good with the games I already have taking over my life :pac:

It's a pretty tiny deal called Tribal Wars. Found an ad for it while playing flash games online about four years ago, and been hooked ever since! WOuld seriously not advise, it takes over your life :P

is that on Android? I think I've seen it but a lot of those games kinda run together at times.

Orim wrote: »
    is that on Android? I think I've seen it but a lot of those games kinda run together at times.

You can play it on Android, but you really need a computer, so you can rig Opera :P It's real-time, where a "round" can last anywhere from a year to several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So you are suggesting that being the weaker animal is sound advice then?
    No it's not. A dog growling or snarling at you is no excuse. It is a DOG and we are its masters. You back down and you are showing full weakness and he will remember that and will treat you differently.
    Worst thing you can do is show a dog weakness.

Look don't know as much about dogs as you or Foxy but I do know how the dog is acting now I've changed my behaviour.

Initially if he growled I would back off for fear of getting bitten and made my fear clear, which I presume would qualify as showing weakness. This never helped the situation and he continued to act aggressively. A few times, when frustrated, for example when he refused to come into the house in the evening, I shouted at him. He reacted with fear but instead of coming in retreated further outside and on one occasion hid behind the shed. When I tried to approach he growled or snarled at me.

Now obviously Foxy only gave me advice yesterday, the dog won't have changed overnight. However I noticed by doing what she said, although still uneasy, the dog is a lot less aggressive and more willing to let me near him then when I was hesitant before. He also approached me this morning when I came to take him on a walk before I even picked up the lead. He still won't let me near him if he is eating so I just do not approach him when he is. I'm not saying you're wrong and Foxy is right, I'm just sharing my experience. I do agree showing a dog weakness is not a good thing but I don't feel like I am doing that. Before, when I was hesitant he was more aggressive so I do feel you are right in saying that is not a good way to behave but all Foxy said is not to challenge him which is not the same as showing him weakness. I do know when I have shouted at him before, not on your direction, just in the past in general, it has caused him to become more nervous and more aggressive so, at least with this dog, I do not feel this is the way to go. Like I said both you and Foxy know more about dogs than me so I will leave it that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It's fine
    I was just given my 2 cents on how I would e around an aggressive dog and this is how I learned it when I worked In a vets when I was a kid and these were words from the head surgeon in the vets
    And it worked with me around aggressive dogs in the vets

Stuck in work now and I always promised myself not to lash out at this person in work but she is making it very hard for me
    Already brought into office over her and way I'm treated by her
    Last night was told to shut up by her and I walked away but really pushing me over the edge now and I reckon one more slip from her and il explode
    What to do??

Be the bigger man and wait for her attitude to blow up in her face, I'd say. What goes around comes around, no need to damage your own position for that.

It's fine
    I was just given my 2 cents on how I would e around an aggressive dog and this is how I learned it when I worked In a vets when I was a kid and these were words from the head surgeon in the vets
    And it worked with me around aggressive dogs in the vets

Stuck in work now and I always promised myself not to lash out at this person in work but she is making it very hard for me
    Already brought into office over her and way I'm treated by her
    Last night was told to shut up by her and I walked away but really pushing me over the edge now and I reckon one more slip from her and il explode
    What to do??

She obviously just wants you. Pull her pigtails, girls love that. :pac:

I don't know how much you have to work with her but head down and ignore her. Easier said then done but it's the only thing that really works. Sounds like she has some sway so anything you do, you'll probably end up in the worse position.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I love all Ben & Jerrys it's one te thing i miss mot on my healthy diet I'd easily eat a full tub in one go its to nice to put down :).

On wedding's im not sure about women but any my friends who got married by the end they have a right pain in the butt with it really and just want it over with, they still look forward to it but just can't wait till the stress and organising end's although could be different for women, they were mostly sick of it being the only topic of conversation every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've told my mother that if she interferes in my wedding plans she's not invited. I'm getting married on Halloween with a Gothic/Tim Burton/Addams Family theme. All I need is a bride/groom and enough money to aquire the services of Buddy from Cake Boss to do the cake.

I plan on having everything booked early and then no stress.

Although I already have my dad on me to invite moreeeeee people... There's already 150 on the guest list.

Registration office and then onto the closest open pub for my wedding.

Shocking that I'm still single :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

January wrote: »

Although I already have my dad on me to invite moreeeeee people... There's already 150 on the guest list.

I know he's your dad and all, but damn it, it's YOUR day. To my mind there's no point inviting old relatives that you barely know/'friends of the family' if that's not what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I don't even know 150 people! D:

Nah, I've got everything planned out: Gonna have a civil ceromony in a nice hall and then have a madcap Addams Family shindig in a large hotel function room. Nothing spectacular- just close immidate family and friends. I've discusses it at lenght with my family and told them outright that I see no point in inviting people I only see once a year if even that.
    I'm a little bit annoyed I wasn't born a few years earlier, though... I originally would've loved to have gotten married on the 6th of June 2006 if only to piss off my more conservative relatives. :P

I know he's your dad and all, but damn it, it's YOUR day. To my mind there's no point inviting old relatives that you barely know/'friends of the family' if that's not what you want.

Totally agree with you and he agreed with me but he thinks I'm holding back on inviting friends over family members when I'm not. We've managed to get the balance perfect. Family members that I would rarely speak to are not being invited, same with him indoors. My parents are helping to pay for part of the wedding but they'd never expect me to invite people they'd want to invite and I wouldn't, that's one thing I love about them! Himself's mother is already on about inviting the women she goes to the pub with on a Saturday night!

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    I don't even know 150 people! D:

Nah, I've got everything planned out: Gonna have a civil ceromony in a nice hall and then have a madcap Addams Family shindig in a large hotel function room. Nothing spectacular- just close immidate family and friends. I've discusses it at lenght with my family and told them outright that I see no point in inviting people I only see once a year if even that.
    I'm a little bit annoyed I wasn't born a few years earlier, though... I originally would've loved to have gotten married on the 6th of June 2006 if only to piss off my more conservative relatives. :P

I wish I didn't know 150 people! My mum has 11 brothers and sisters and my dad has 9 and we'd all be rather close! I'm banking on some of the English relatives not being able to make it at Christmas. Numbers might end up at around 135/140 then.

McChubbin wrote: »

That sounds pretty boss. Raul Julia probably would've shown up, if you invited him. Seems like the type of thing he would've done.

Although I find it weird that people have wedding, funeral etc. plans with their family. Is this just me?
    Totally agree with you and he agreed with me but he thinks I'm holding back on inviting friends over family members when I'm not. We've managed to get the balance perfect. Family members that I would rarely speak to are not being invited, same with him indoors. My parents are helping to pay for part of the wedding but they'd never expect me to invite people they'd want to invite and I wouldn't, that's one thing I love about them! Himself's mother is already on about inviting the women she goes to the pub with on a Saturday night!

Ah here, that's one of the most important realtionships a person will ever have. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah just do what we did and feck off to Barbados and get married....too stressful a day and we saved a fortune giving us our deposit for the house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jaysus, all this wedding talk. I'm glad that I'm fully convinced I'm still too young to even consider marriage. :pac:

26 with three kids... It's about time I made some sort of commitment to him :p He's approaching his mid 30's lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

26 with three kids... It's about time I made some sort of commitment to him :p He's approaching his mid 30's lol.

Whoa. I'm 24 and haven't even considered kids. :pac:

Marty, you're safe. I don't expect kids or marriage. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Jaysus, all this wedding talk. I'm glad that I'm fully convinced I'm still too young to even consider marriage. :pac:

I got married when I was 21.Bought our house when I was 20.4 kids,2 dogs,1 cat and multiple exotic pets later Mrs Hellrazer is still putting up with me!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Marty, you're safe. I don't expect kids or marriage. :p

.....yet!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I got married when I was 21.Bought our house when I was 20.4 kids,2 dogs,1 cat and multiple exotic pets later Mrs Hellrazer is still putting up with me!!!!!

Are you my dad.... :\ The only difference is the cat... :eek:

• Advertisement

Are you my dad.... :\ The only difference is the cat... :eek:

Feck now yer making me feel old!!!!

Am I really starting to sound like the father of a 26 year old....I should ban you for that comment!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement