Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    A lot of them for sale are in need of rebuilds though. Know two lads in Dublin out the door with them, takes a bit of time and about 2k to get sorted.

Frikkin love my car though. Did loads of driving over the weekend and it's an awesome car to have, especially when ye have to overtake! :D

I know was tempted to buy an Rx8 at one stage lovely car and would have had to have been a Jap one like your own. But the tlc they need and engine rebuilds scared me off a bit.

The power on tap is fun though your right : ) the power in my new one is addictive : ) even the noise of the engine makes me smile when you get the revs up : )

Fcuk work I now want to go for a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

A really good documentary http://nosvideo.com/?v=fewxjbcspe5k

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

That's pretty cool pkm
    Reminds me of a mate of mine.
    Looks like a scruff fcuker who'd rob ya as soon as look at ya but he's the soundest and nicest bloke in the world. He looks pretty rough because of a huge scar on his face and he got it after some scumbag asked him for a lighter and just lashed out a knife and sliced his face open. Can't get a job and hardly gets into any pubs or clubs when he can afford to go out.
    Everyone thinks he's rough but he'd be the first person to help ya out in anyway he can

Yeah, I get it a lot, especially with what I do. After a few weeks when people are comfortable with me, they tell me that when they've met me first they thought I was a scumbag/scary/mad/dangerous (delete as applicable) they said the shaved/bald head and tattoos and size gives them the wrong idea. Terrible too, these days people will still make their own mind on who/what you are, just by how you look. My OH has three sisters who refuse to talk to me because I have tatts and piercings and so this makes me a hooligan/bully/thug.

Sad really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Just accepted Medicine in Dublin :D Can't believe they're gonna let me into a hospital, disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

fewtins wrote: »
    Just accepted Medicine in Dublin :D Can't believe they're gonna let me into a hospital, disaster!

I'm fcuking delighted for you!! You must have done extremely well in your LC to get the points for that! Congrats, mate. :D

• Advertisement

Thanks, I finish work on Friday and just can't wait to get started now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Feckin' deadly fewtins! Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Congratulations fewtins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Medicine? Jesus fair play mate that's some job. Well done.
    My gf is doing nursing at the moment and that's hard enough on her. Long hours. It's a killer.
    Well its around 24• degrees here in London and I have to say the people here are some of the rudest people I've met.
    The service in the restaraunts is appalling.
    Place is lovely but that's been the downfall so far.
    Tonight we get on a bus journey to Southampton to peppa pig land.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

fewtins wrote: »

Paging Dr. Ofroth, Dr. Ofroth to Casualty.

• Advertisement

I'm really loving some of Nikki Hurtado's tattoos. :D

http://www.wireplanet.net/users/nikkohurtado/tattoos.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Congrats FewTins.

Go to college to print Cvs and cover letters since it's cheaper than an internet café. After spending ages writing different types of cover letters depending on the place I go to top up my print account. Machine won't take my tenner. Must have tried putting it in about ten times but it won't take it even though it's barely creased. Put in €3 in change since only other thing I have one me is a €20 note. Can only afford to print a few CVs and no cover letters now. Go to print 10 copies, one comes out followed by a sheet with an error message. Ask the fella at the desk and he looks at my computer, has no idea what's wrong, tries printing one and then two copies. One works, two doesn't so all he can tell me is to print one copy at a time. SoI'll have to spend ages printing one CV at a time and then go to town to pay to print more and my cover letters. Also forgot my stapler so I'll need to buy a new one of them. If I had stayed at home I could be in bed watching Breaking Bad right now. After all this someone better hire me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congrats fewtins.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I know ya told me before Jen, but what do ya drive again?

Mazda RX8 :D

Congrats Fewtins! Exciting times ahead for ye :)

Oh and booked in for the last 3 hours on my ducks for the 31st, best day ever!!! :pac:

Duck me I'm pretty sure myself my gf and daughter just walked all of the city of London. Seen all the sights. Some parts are pretty amazing to see.
    Seen Tower of London and that's a pretty cool place. Thousands of people hung and killed in it.

Now getting out things from hotel and gotta get train to bus station then its 2 hours drive to Southampton.
    Effort of it all. I watched lord of the rings last night and two towers in on at 9 tonight so hopefully il be in Southampton in jury's. hotel to watch it as chil out
    Fcukin roastin over here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Woohoo fewtins!

Feeling pants today, curled up in a ball watching ****e tv :(

So I entered a competition on a pubs website ages back to win EP tickets. Got an email there saying I've been shortlisted for the draw but have to be there on Thursday to actually be entered into it. I'm kind of wondering if everyone who entered has been 'shortlisted' or not but think I'll go in anyway. In it to win it and alll that jazz...

So I entered a competition on a pubs website ages back to win EP tickets. Got an email there saying I've been shortlisted for the draw but have to be there on Thursday to actually be entered into it. I'm kind of wondering if everyone who entered has been 'shortlisted' or not but think I'll go in anyway. In it to win it and alll that jazz...

I'd imagine that everyone got shortlisted. But sure go along, hour or two in a pub never hurts.

Just finished watching Breaking Bad. Good episode, felt really short though but in a good way. Can't wait for next week.

Orim wrote: »
    I'd imagine that everyone got shortlisted. But sure go along, hour or two in a pub never hurts.

Just finished watching Breaking Bad. Good episode, felt really short though but in a good way. Can't wait for next week.
    Yeah don't really have the money for drinking or a taxi but will try sort something out.

Such a good episode! The ending...how am I meant to wait a week.

• Advertisement

So seems my hard drive has is failing for the third time in three months. **** my actual life. The current hd is under warranty but don't see the point replacing it again, especially when Luly battery is also ****ed. Not even two years old...never buying hp again.

Sorry for all the moaning folks, just not been my day.

10 poxy quid to get wifi for 24 hours??
    Thanks jury's hotel!!!
    Jerks :)
    On other hand herself is upstairs with the babz and I'm allowed to go downstairs and enjoy 1 pint of Stella Artois cidre
    Its my new love of drink
    Better than bulmers

Yeah don't really have the money for drinking or a taxi but will try sort something out.

Such a good episode! The ending...how am I meant to wait a week.

Aye it was really good. They really know how to rachet up the tension.

Shít buzz on the hard drive. Is it still under warranty?
    10 poxy quid to get wifi for 24 hours??
    Thanks jury's hotel!!!
    Jerks :)
    On other hand herself is upstairs with the babz and I'm allowed to go downstairs and enjoy 1 pint of Stella Artois cidre
    Its my new love of drink
    Better than bulmers

Not a fan of the stella stuff. Tastes more like beer then cider to me.

Not a fan of the stella stuff. Tastes more like beer then cider to me.
    I think its beautiful and alot smoother on the stomach than bulmers

Yeah but not sure if it's worth replacing. Three fails in three months, surely there's something else causing it? Repair guy said it's rare though...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My dermal has been having a hissy fit over the last day or two. I was wearing a jumper that was resting on it, think it got annoyed over that. Ouchie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

So, yesterday, it was a full 12 weeks since I said "Screw it, I'm sick of being unfit and overweight" and decided to do something about it. I have been tracking my progress all along, and personally, I'm delighted with my progress.

I started at 19 stone even (266lbs) at 32% body fat (Which is about 180lbs lean body mass).

As of yesterday morning before work, I'm slightly over 16 stone (230lbs) at just over 20% body fat for 184 lean body mass.

So that's 36 lbs lost (Bit more than 2.5 stone) and 4lbs of lean mass (muscle) gained.

I'm delighted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats fewtins and oeb.

Decided to grab a hold of that new A7X album. By gum it's actually pretty daycent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

oeb wrote: »
    So, yesterday, it was a full 12 weeks since I said "Screw it, I'm sick of being unfit and overweight" and decided to do something about it. I have been tracking my progress all along, and personally, I'm delighted with my progress.

I started at 19 stone even (266lbs) at 32% body fat (Which is about 180lbs lean body mass).

As of yesterday morning before work, I'm slightly over 16 stone (230lbs) at just over 20% body fat for 184 lean body mass.

So that's 36 lbs lost (Bit more than 2.5 stone) and 4lbs of lean mass (muscle) gained.

I'm delighted with myself!

Congrats OEB must be working your ass off and it is clearly paying off say your delighted.

tonight is going to be a long night in work, fell asleep about 9 woke up about three times and finally gave up at 2 I already feel groggy.

• Advertisement

Get some caffeine into ya!

Oeb, congrats! That's a fcuking unreal achievement! I'd say you feel great now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement