Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

tonight is going to be a long night in work, fell asleep about 9 woke up about three times and finally gave up at 2 I already feel groggy.

load up on carbs and sugar and you'll be good to go for work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Only a little over three hours left :) and I have friday, saturday, monday and possibly sunday off! And my areas manager popped in unexpectedly and was lovely to me! :D I'm liking today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Get some caffeine into ya!

Oeb, congrats! That's a fcuking unreal achievement! I'd say you feel great now :)

I don't do caffeine ;), or tea for that matter I know I'm not a real Irish person at all.

gregers85 wrote: »
    load up on carbs and sugar and you'll be good to go for work ;)

That's the plan going have to do something because I'm going the gym after work in the morning for legs :(, so me thinks an apple or two will at least be coming to work and some sort of carbs I'll suss that out when I make dinner for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Handing in a CV to Supermacs tomorrow since a friend who works there said they're looking for people. Just had a look at their application form on the website (which I don't think I'll need to fill out). Some...er...interesting questions in the Medical Information section.

'Have you had vomiting or diahorrea which has lasted more than 24 hrs in the past year?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I don't do caffeine ;), or tea for that matter I know I'm not a real Irish person at all.

im not a coffee man but jaysus i love a good cuppa barry's gold blend ha!!! mostly drink green tea though haha so i guess that doesnt count really :P
    That's the plan going have to do something because I'm going the gym after work in the morning for legs :(, so me thinks an apple or two will at least be coming to work and some sort of carbs I'll suss that out when I make dinner for work.

Ah leg day the the scourge of resistance training haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Got my lectures timetable for college. Only have 7 hours a week for the 1st 3 weeks xD Gotta love Maths!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't drink tea or coffee at all, but for a quick pick-me-up, hard to beat one of these bad boys:
    3599681341_372df944b2.jpgbritish-monster-khaos-energy-drink-case-of-12x-500ml-cans-1.39-price-marked-cans-9906-p.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't drink tea or coffee at all, but for a quick pick-me-up, hard to beat one of these bad boys:
    [ripper][khaos]
    Ever seen the BFC?

Only in photos... I think they discontinued them though?

They did do 1L bottles of Boost for quite a while. When I used to drive all day I used to need those every so often!

gregers85 wrote: »
    im not a coffee man but jaysus i love a good cuppa barry's gold blend ha!!! mostly drink green tea though haha so i guess that doesnt count really :P

Ah leg day the the scourge of resistance training haha

Ah green tea doesn't count you're not Irish either :pac:.

Yeh leg day the day when you feel like keeling over and then have the pleasure of walking funny for a few days if you push it hard enough.

Yeh that stuff is lethal been a while since I had a can of it but there has been a few days were I brought cans to work be flying around the place after one them, think I usually go for the blue one.

Just looking at the Arsenal thread it crazy how active some the threads are in the soccer forum being a mod must be a nightmare. In the Arsenal thread alone there is over 6,500 posts in less then a month and there's busier threads than that.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Ever seen the BFC?

BFC? I'm lost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a can of it (drank). I refuse to throw away the can though :pac:

281773_10150284710098584_7840776_n.jpg

Those "No Fear" resealable cans were genius. Wish more cans would adopt that!

Yeah, they didn't taste too bad either. Haven't really seen them in a good while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Ami James and Ross Nagle are opening a new tattoo studio in Cork! :eek:

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, they didn't taste too bad either. Haven't really seen them in a good while though.

The only place that I ever saw them stopped stocking them months back :(

Yeah, the only place that stocked them here was Dunnes Stores, but not any more. Same with Jones soda actually :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ami James and Ross Nagle are opening a new tattoo studio in Cork! :eek:

Cork ink just doesn't have the same ring to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Handing in a CV to Supermacs tomorrow since a friend who works there said they're looking for people. Just had a look at their application form on the website (which I don't think I'll need to fill out). Some...er...interesting questions in the Medical Information section.

'Have you had vomiting or diahorrea which has lasted more than 24 hrs in the past year?'

PM me. I'll explain that and what to expect in the interview and what theyre like to work for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Poxy phone has broken. Slipped out of my lap while I was chatting to a dote of a toddler in the docs and now it's broken. It's making some responsive sounds, but it's just a black screen. I'm very annoyed!!! :mad::mad::mad:

What kind of phone is it?

What kind of phone is it?

iPhone 4. I've had it nearly 3 years now and it's been acting up a good bit lately, so I knew I would have to buy a new one soon. Just not this soon!! :(

I think "Wigoders" on the Longmile do screen replacements for a fairly reasonable price (€50ish). Or so I've heard one co-worker here advise another, when their iphone screen was shattered but still working.
    Whether that's a full screen replacement, or simply the digitiser replacement, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

kellief wrote: »
    Poxy phone has broken. Slipped out of my lap while I was chatting to a dote of a toddler in the docs and now it's broken. It's making some responsive sounds, but it's just a black screen. I'm very annoyed!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Happened my i4 and I left it for too long to get screen fixed and the button at the top stopped working and the home button stopped working.
    Dropped into lad in square and he fixed the screens Nd buttons for 90 quid and of course few weeks later I sat on the fecking thing again.

Was in peppa pig land today.
    Don't think I've felt this drained of energy in my life.
    Having stopped walking since I landed in England

It's not actually shattered. It's just unresponsive. Because it's been so dodgy lately I don't really see the point in paying to replace it.
    Gonna go into the meteor store tomorrow and get a new sim card (mine is a minisim) and use mam's old phone for a while until I have the money to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Everyone should share in my latest discovery. God bless the internet for preserving our cultural pinnacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Got the new tatt done today, he placed it on the elbow (which wasn't as bad as I had heard) and I'm very surprised (pleasantly) at how well it fitted... I'll stick a pic up in the ISYM thread now...

Went down on the bike and the poxy thing decided to act coming home. Only firing on 2 cylinders, I would have been as well to push it home!!! :D

My phone alarm has been going off for four hours now. Every ten minutes. I'm going mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Folks, if anyone is around town on Saturday night, i'll be in O'Reilly's having birfday drinks. Would love to see some of you there. If you're looking for me i'll be the one knee deep jager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement