Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've not checked the market for them here, dont think I've seen more than one for sale in Ireland so I'm not sure what theyre worth but there holding decent value in the UK at the moment and I've seen one imported in Cork the last few months.

That will change when the new one drops but IMO, I'm not a fan of the new Fiesta and the proposed ST isnt all that exciting.

I might be tempted to sale it at some stage but if I was I'd be looking a Focus ST or RS, more doors really.

I know theres a 5 door ST coming in the new form but a buddy in work has a 5 door Fiesta and its not exactly a big car, the GFs 5 door Polo feels considerably bigger than it.

So in short, I love my ST, I'm at 33K at the moment, bought new in January 16, have a few small mods and apart from putting tyres on it, have had no issue with it so far, cracking little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

That's great to hear. I have been watching then a long time now but it's a big outa my budget. Truth be told I was going they'd be cheaper second hand!

You might have joy in England. Theres many more in that market and even witht he VRT considered you might be lucky and get a bargain.

Just done a check there, its about €3,700 - €3,900 VRT for a 2016 ST2.

Theyve got the OMSP down as nearly 20k which is optimistic IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Good few for sale at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

No chance of 20k for a 2016 I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have a 2016 one too, was following them when they first came out and took the plunge when Ford brought in the real deal savings. I love it too but i am getting married next year so will probably look into something bigger too in 2019, possibly a MK7 Golf GTI/GTD or Skoda VRS. I like the current model Focus ST but the 2.0 ecoboosts seem to be troublesome enough and the diesel one doesn't really appeal.

I think 15k euro would be a fair enough price for a 3 year old one. If I got that when I go to sell mine i'd be happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I adore mine but as a fairly pregnant lady it's going to have to go soon :( Mine is a January 2016 model with 28,000km. I've changed the tyres on my winter alloys once, my only real expense apart from small mods (suspension and audio mainly). It has honestly been the most "fun" car I've ever owned. Every time I walk away from it I look back and smile. The only let down for me is the ICE, it's poor for its generation. I'd keep it in a heart beat but it makes no practical sense to. Seriously, could not reccomend it enough.

The thought of having a baby seat in the back is ludicrous given the space. I test drove the Focus and didn't like it at all. Really not a Golf person so not sure where I'm going to go. Hoping that I will be able to get a good price for the FST though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

I've only had mine a few months, have done 5k in it and I walk to work. Forget about a quick spin to the shops if you buy one, journeys that used to take five minutes now take 25 it's an absolute hoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

I adore mine but as a fairly pregnant lady it's going to have to go soon :( Mine is a January 2016 model with 28,000km. I've changed the tyres on my winter alloys once, my only real expense apart from small mods (suspension and audio mainly). It has honestly been the most "fun" car I've ever owned. Every time I walk away from it I look back and smile. The only let down for me is the ICE, it's poor for its generation. I'd keep it in a heart beat but it makes no practical sense to. Seriously, could not reccomend it enough.

The thought of having a baby seat in the back is ludicrous given the space. I test drove the Focus and didn't like it at all. Really not a Golf person so not sure where I'm going to go. Hoping that I will be able to get a good price for the FST though.

Mazda 3 with 2.0lt petrol engine maybe ?

Nice interior, low tax, above average performance and good underpinnings.

• Advertisement

Got mine serviced at a main dealer recently as needed some stuff looked at under warranty, also gives the roadside cover. Apparently there's a recall for an update on something I didn't quite catch. Anybody else hear anything?

Ya, its some update to the ECU.

I'm not 100% sure what it is because I seen it on a Fiesta UK FB page during the summer.

I went to my dealer and they had no clue, put the car reg in to the computer and up it popped.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, its some update to the ECU.

I'm not 100% sure what it is because I seen it on a Fiesta UK FB page during the summer.

I went to my dealer and they had no clue, put the car reg in to the computer and up it popped.

It's probably totally in my head but the car feels less torquey, I also thought they'd done something to the sound symposer but I'm probably just being mental. I'll take it out again tomorrow for a proper spin.

Yep had mine done too and thought it was something to do with the Cat?

This thread is gone fairly quiet!

How's are the STer's getting on?

Mine is in for 60k service today, still going great. Did a few small tweaks to keep me interested.

Anyone tempted by the MK8, i must say it looks well on the Ford website. I wonder how the 5 door will look? Looking around the new Fiesta they seem a bigger car in general

https://www.ford.ie/future-vehicles/new-fiesta-st

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's 2 brand new model Fiestas near me, not ST just your standard fair. And I have to say I don't like the new styling. Especially the rear end, I much preferred the last generation as far as looks.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    This thread is gone fairly quiet!

How's are the STer's getting on?

Mine is in for 60k service today, still going great. Did a few small tweaks to keep me interested.

Anyone tempted by the MK8, i must say it looks well on the Ford website. I wonder how the 5 door will look? Looking around the new Fiesta they seem a bigger car in general

https://www.ford.ie/future-vehicles/new-fiesta-st

My one is going in for its 2nd service Monday, 38k on the clock.

I'll be honest, I think aopart from the interior, the new ST looks like an absolute dog. The wheels look cheap, the rear looks like a B Max and the front is very tame.

I wont be changing anytime soon. I think the new model ST will be available toward the end of the year, but im not entirely sure, I'll ask Monday.

Also looking at the price of the Fiesta Vignale at 26.5K without options, I reckon the ST will be priced very near, if not 30k.

I will say though that I like the interior, my biggest issue with the current ST is that interior is looks really dated.

If I was staying in the hot hatch market for a similar price I'd probably look at a new Polo GTi, only thing that would stop me is herself has a 151 Polo GT. :o

Just done a quick spec up on an ST line on the Ford site, to something I'd want if I was getting one, came in at roughly 28k. :o

That was with pretty much every option, bar the sun roof, painted roof/mirrors as the standard ST line is I think a shade under 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I'm just after rolling over 28k km this week, getting 4 new tyres put on it tomorrow and sending it in for the 2 year service in February! Must decide what to do with it after that, not sure if I'll keep or change it!

Agree with Gav on the mk8, I think the back looks like a shrunken bmax and wouldn't be mad on the wheels. The interior is a nice upgrade though!

Some juicy details coming out the last few days about the mk8, passive dampers, optional quaife LSD, Pilot SuperSport tyres, it's shaping up to be a serious car. Hopefully they get the pricing right here. I can see it being over 30k maybe even mid 30s for a top spec car.

• Advertisement

I still dont like it TBH, its going ot be a seriously capable machine but us Paddys will get roasted on the price (nothing new).

The Polo GTi plus, the top spec, in basic form is £22,650 in the UK or roughly €25.5K, add you VRT and the likes you're going to be north of 30K, if they bring that model here.

I think the Fiesta ST will be a fantastic car but I dont think I could live with the looks, even if it does look like itsa going to be a serious machine.

I am thinking about selling mine at the moment for a mortgage.

If I do go after a Mk8 at some stage, it would probably be in 2020.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

New model looks promising ok. Significantly wider front track is a major difference.

Any idea when we'll see them in Irish showrooms, I'm assuming 3rd quarter of this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any idea when we'll see them in Irish showrooms, I'm assuming 3rd quarter of this year?

Possibly.

I reckon it'll be a good while before they discount them much. For the 181 campaign all new model Fiestas were €1000 off. Other models were considerably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I still dont like it TBH, its going ot be a seriously capable machine but us Paddys will get roasted on the price (nothing new).

The Polo GTi plus, the top spec, in basic form is £22,650 in the UK or roughly €25.5K, add you VRT and the likes you're going to be north of 30K, if they bring that model here.

I think the Fiesta ST will be a fantastic car but I dont think I could live with the looks, even if it does look like itsa going to be a serious machine.

I am thinking about selling mine at the moment for a mortgage.

If I do go after a Mk8 at some stage, it would probably be in 2020.

The new Polo GTI will start at €32k here, so you can bet that the top spec one will be into low end GTI money on these shores. :rolleyes:

The colour of Mk8 ST videos doing the rounds, looks similar to the colour that they had the Focus RS down for pre-launch that never came out.

I think in the right colour and in 3 door, the new ST could be a nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I think it's nicer looking than it's predecessor which is starting to look a bit dated now and very dated on the inside.

2017-Ford-Fiesta-ST_1.jpg

I prefer the Mk7 ST on the outside to this but it is growing on me, I dont like the wheels omn the Mk8 either, I hope theres a different option our style as I think they look a bit off.

I'll 100% agree on the interior though, its shockingly dated across the Focus ST/RS range too IMO.

But the Mk7 ST interior is a pretty bland place to be, driving position is good but thats about it. The interior changes were very much needed compared to its rivals.

Although I'm not 100% sold on the new screen, it looks brilliant when in use, but if it was hidden when not in use it would be a much better look for the car, again, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I was driving behind a basic 181 Fiesta in early Jan and tbh I thought Ford had made a balls of it... there was a very strong hint of Nissan Pulsar (?) from the rear end design - not good. But a couple of weeks ago I saw another one, a black ST Line and I thought it looked really smart. So the "ST" body kit and decent wheels and colour make a huge difference. I'm sure the new ST will look A1 in the metal. And yeah, the interior of the old one was getting on a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement