Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

How can you check which version is currently on the car and how is it updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Next step for you gav :D Dunno how to post a proper link on my phone!

https://youtu.be/TUKw3QLhBjU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Had to turn off that ST video after 3 seconds,that shimmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee is even more annoying than c0ckboy brewer!!!

• Advertisement

Had to turn off that ST video after 3 seconds,that shimmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee is even more annoying than c0ckboy brewer!!!

I actually don't mind him, he grew on me... And his purple LT is a master piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Next step for you gav :D Dunno how to post a proper link on my phone!

https://youtu.be/TUKw3QLhBjU

The price for that is insane.

Its meant to be a masterpiece though. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The price for that is insane.

Its meant to be a masterpiece though. :o

God yea about 5000 pounds before you add in the suspension bits!
    You'd really really wanna be in love with your FiST to spend that on it! You'd be well into Focus ST money in no time at all!

You can get some money back going around cars and coffee mapping everyone's FiST haha!

God yea about 5000 pounds before you add in the suspension bits!
    You'd really really wanna be in love with your FiST to spend that on it! You'd be well into Focus ST money in no time at all!

You can get some money back going around cars and coffee mapping everyone's FiST haha!

By the time you convert that to Euro ita crazy amount alright.

Even the MR230 isnt cheap with the hardware you need. I would like an exhaust though, I dont think theres a great sound from the stock exhaust.

It would be handy if one MTune could flash a few cars, its meant to be linked specifically to the car though as I had to give them my VIN before they sent to stop such acts. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

By the many arms of Vishnu you maybe correct there :D

I checked mine last night and it is version 5.8. Is worth doing to the update to 5.9? Don't know if I want to go through all the rigmarole!

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I checked mine last night and it is version 5.8. Is worth doing to the update to 5.9? Don't know if I want to go through all the rigmarole!
    If its not giving you any trouble I leave it be. Im gonna insist the dealer does mine during the service cause its effectively useless the way it is...

If its not giving you any trouble I leave it be. Im gonna insist the dealer does mine during the service cause its effectively useless the way it is...

Yeah i think you are right, i've had an issue the odd time where the steering wheel controls get jumbled up, e.g. i'd be pressing the volume up button and it could skip to the next track, and vice versa, bit of a weird one.

I'll be going in for service 2 in the next couple of months and will mention it then if it gets more frequent.

Just recorded a PB average over my last tank, 625 kms, 388 miles, 39.5 mpg.

Seems to be improving or my driving style is getting more relaxed.
    400 miles to a tank is possible which frankly is brilliant for a 200bhp petrol car.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Just recorded a PB average over my last tank, 625 kms, 388 miles, 39.5 mpg.

Seems to be improving or my driving style is getting more relaxed.
    400 miles to a tank is possible which frankly is brilliant for a 200bhp petrol car.
    I did about 400 miles on a weened trip from cork to clare, driving around up there and back down... did it all in one tank which was pretty decent.
    Back to normal with the commute now though! :o I did 40 MPG for 2 tanks a while back on the commute but it took a lot of effort to do it! Not arsed usually and do 35 36 ish mpg

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/18913/2017-ford-fiesta-st-revealed-fords-smallest-hot-hatch-loses-a-cylinder-but

How do we all like the new model?

I like it. Overall on the exterior it looks pretty similar to the MK7 from the front end anyway. Not sure about the wheels but will reserve judgement until I see one in person. The interior looks a good bit better than the current model which is showing its age at this stage.

That colour looks nice also, and the 3 cyl should be very economical when driven easily. but it probably won't sound as good as the MK7.

When are they going to be on sale. :o

Sometime next year or later this year?

Just on the interior, its the one outstanding part of the current model that I think lets the car down, its a brilliant car but the interior is woeful really compared to its rivals, well, except for the Ibiza FR/Cupra which IMO is worse.

New interior looks up to date and the steering wheel looks good and chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was just about to say that, the odd cylinder setup sound might actually put the straight 4 of the current model to shame. :D

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Agreed! I prefer the noise of a 5 cylinder over a 6 cylinder any day. Many small 3 cylinders sounds great if they are done right. People just hear those brutal sounding VW ones and think they all sound crap.

Hopefully they have done a good job, i agree those old 5 cylinders in the Focus ST's sounded fantastic.

I'm not mad on the back of it, I think it looks like the back of a cmax that they shrunk done to fit a fiesta... Don't like the wheels but there may be other options available. Not big on the colour but I said that the first time I saw the press pics of the Nitrous blue RS but that looks fantastic in the metal!
    The interior looks a lot better but there still so many buttons! I've the Sony head unit in the ST and it's impossible to use while driving!

The wheels and back are a let down. Im not sold on it but it could be nicer in the flesh depending on spec.

It sounds like theyre abaonding the ST 1,2,3 and going basic and add on whatever you like aftwrwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Am I the only one that prefers the current Fiesta to the forthcoming one? Ok, so the forthcoming one is similar in profile from the side and front to the current model. Well, at least in three door guise anyway. For me, though, I feel that the interior of the new model is a letdown. That screen looks like an afterthought, and is something not restricted to Ford. Other manufacturers are adopting or have adopted similar ideas. I do like the interior of the current Fiesta. Personally, I can't really fault it. And, it's coming from someone with an '09 Titanium.

My gf has a 151 Polo GT, similar enough car to my ST and the interior is miles better. I think in this class the ST interior is pretty poor.

I prefer the driving position in the ST the pedals arent as close but as a place to sit for long jourey the GT is much better. Theres nothing wrong with the ST interior IMO but its just not that great.

I do prefer the current ST looks wise to this upcoming one but that might change when we see colours and specs in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Could we have a new thread for the NEW (M.Y. 2018 Fiesta ST?!)

And this one renamed to the Old Fiesta?

A bit pricey!

That's my old car BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think he meant to include the URL for this: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-mca-st-1-6-182ps-2dr/14918732

Maybe an embedded image link gone wrong so it's not showing for the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Advertisement