Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Have noticed it too. Always suspected it would happen. Get % of market share and then start the price hiking.

Their gin has gone from 11.99 to 14.99 give or take a few cent.

Though excise duty etc might have played its part too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Red King wrote: »
    Have noticed it too. Always suspected it would happen. Get % of market share and then start the price hiking.

Their gin has gone from 11.99 to 14.99 give or take a few cent.

Though excise duty etc might have played its part too.

11.99 would be below-cost with current duty and VAT rates.

It was still under 15 quid last time I bought some in Lidl, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I said the same last week. I'd €140 worth of Tesco vouchers to use over 4 weeks so it'd been a few weeks since I went in and was shocked at the total price. I'm a boring shopper rarely buying anything different and said it was over €15 more than the month before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I wonder has it to do with Sterling? I note a lot of the Tesco prices have gone up by 10-15% also which would have been reduced when the Euro was a lot higher than now. Do Aldi buy a fair bit of their stock from the UK as well as Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

We have decided to buy our meats local as our first step, we might then give Dunnes a go just to see is there much of a difference now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

Super 6 Fruit and Veg deals
    From Thursday December 10th until Christmas Eve

All 49c
    Brussels sprouts 500g save 50c
    Carrots 1kg save 50c
    Parsnips 500g save 50c
    Pineapple save 80c
    New season white potatoes 1.5kg save €1
    Yellow Mellon save €1.20

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

Super 6 Meat deals
    From Thursday December 10th until Saturday 19th of December

All €2

Specially selected Pork fillet Medallions (plain/apple &cider sauce)300g save 49c
    Specially selected Irish Angus beef burgers 280g save 39c
    Smoked/Unsmoked twin pack rashers 400g save 69c
    Specially selected Hand tied Pork sausages 492g save 39c
    Pork belly (Plain or Sea salt & Black Pepper) 450g save 59c
    Fresh Cod fillets 250g save 79c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where are the clementine deals this year?
    Normally you'd get a net for ~30c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Where's our 7c bags of carrots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Where's our 7c bags of carrots :D

7c ? La-de-da.. Mr rich man.. I was getting them for 5c in LIDL that year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Azrel wrote: »
    7c ? La-de-da.. Mr rich man.. I was getting them for 5c in LIDL that year!

You my friend were robbed, 2c on xmas eve 2 years ago for sprouts and carrots, won't see that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anyone try the pork belly

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

GY A1 wrote: »
    Anyone try the pork belly
    Absolutely delicious. Slathered in mustard and honey before roasting until the crackling was perfectly browned. Bought a few for the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Agree^ some of the best Ive ever had, the sea salt and black pepper one cooked perfectly in the airfryer even though it drained about half a pint of grease out of it, still nice and moist. Had steamed cabbage and spuds and pork belly covered in Jack Daniels barbecue sauce and still had enough for 2 BLTs the next day, great meat bargain. Will have to try the mustard and honey this week sometime. Living beside an Aldi is so handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Absolutely delicious. Slathered in mustard and honey before roasting until the crackling was perfectly browned. Bought a few for the freezer.

Great thanks
    Goin give it try this week ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Pork belly was superb. Some lump of meat for your €2 :D

Just roasted the salt and pepper one in the oven, although I put the temp up a lot higher towards the end to get some lovely crunchy outside. Will try the airfryer next time.

Yeah it looked small in the packet but I put it on the cutting board when I took it out and by the time If finished slicing I had a meat mountain, fed 2 people and made BLTs the next day, not bad for €2 at all.

Dont think my Aldi got the cod fillets this time, haven't seen them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

How long do you cook the pork belly in the airfryer, and what temp? I wouldn't mind trying that.

It was in there a long time, way longer than usual, I had to reset the timer, I nearly followed the conventional oven cooking instructions on the packet, think it was nearly an hour at low temp, maybe 150 deg. Check the packet. I also cut it in half raw so it cooked through fully, easy enough to keep an eye on.

Then again next time Ill probably just slice it into 3-4 pieces and do it in 20 minutes like normal, it would probably be crispier that way aswell, its just bacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

A friend just told me they saw brussel sprouts in Lidl for €0.19c - any truth?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I did mine in the airfryer tonight. Not very impressed. Found it quite sinewy and there was far too much pepper on it! I prefer the pork belly from the butcher. Much fattier and melt in the mouth. Did one of the Aldi ones in the oven very slowly before and still found it chewy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

aisling86 wrote: »
    A friend just told me they saw brussel sprouts in Lidl for €0.19c - any truth?? :confused:

Your asking in the wrong place - this thread seems to have descended into a recipe forum rather than about the super 6 on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Will people just stop going off topic perhaps we need the mods to start tidying things up,because he whole bargain alerts forum is going way off point on most threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Considering there is only Aldi super 6 every 2 weeks it seems reasonable for people to talk about what they are using their bargains for etc

Tonight I made 2 litres of juice from 1 melon, 1 pineapple, 2 carrots and 2 sticks of celery, what a super super6:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Considering there is only Aldi super 6 every 2 weeks it seems reasonable for people to talk about what they are using their bargains for etc

Tonight I made 2 litres of juice from 1 melon, 1 pineapple, 2 carrots and 2 sticks of celery, what a super super6:D

Celery is ot:D

Not a super 6:p

sligono1 wrote: »
    Will people just stop going off topic perhaps we need the mods to start tidying things up,because he whole bargain alerts forum is going way off point on most threads.
    Totally agree, we have wannabe non-mods backseat modding all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Quality of sprouts were shocking in my local aldi today and were produced in Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Anyone been to Aldi yet today to see if they're doing 9c sprouts? Or even 39c sprouts? I miss the price war :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

crayon80 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Aldi yet today to see if they're doing 9c sprouts? Or even 39c sprouts? I miss the price war :(

49c sprouts yes - but it seems to be the same batch they got 2 weeks ago and they've been sitting in cold storage since then, so not at their best (they were lovely 2 weeks ago...)
    The potatoes, carrots and parsnips for 49c all looked good.

There were no large hams left in ALDI East Wall yesterday, had to get a 1.5 kg.

There are no Super 6 Meat offers running right now, supposed to resume Sunday 27th December - hoping we get a bulletin here on what they'll be.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement